•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

My mom used to always tell me that I was not very observant. I guess that this is also true here at MiceChat.

Today, I noticed that new posts in the Fun and Games Lounge do not appear in New Posts. I then wondered how long it has been this way, and why haven't I noticed?

I guess the reason is obvious. Less clutter. It probably saves MiceChat a lot, in a lot of different ways.

Over the years, many features have been taken away, and I am sure that valid reasons backed those decisions. I miss those many features, some more than others. I can find my Fun and Games threads other ways. MiceChat keeps me coming back, and reteaching me ways to navigate it.

Thanks for always being here for me MiceChat, and for all of you that keep it here.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Re: New Posts not showing F&G Posts anymore?

My guess is it has to do with the limited # of posts they allow 'new posts' to return. They limit it to 2 pages of posts for performance reasons... maybe the F&G posts were taking up too much of that real estate?

Ever since we lost the ability to tune what posts show up in the new posts you have this 'problem'. Overall, the changes are done to keep the site performing which obviously is more important.. but I really miss the power of 'new posts' like it used to be too.

BTW Barbara - your signature area is like 5" long with nothing in it. You might want to check your signature in your options and see if you have lots of dead stuff in there making it so large.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    My guess is it has to do with the limited # of posts they allow 'new posts' to return. They limit it to 2 pages of posts for performance reasons... maybe the F&G posts were taking up too much of that real estate?

Ever since we lost the ability to tune what posts show up in the new posts you have this 'problem'. Overall, the changes are done to keep the site performing which obviously is more important.. but I really miss the power of 'new posts' like it used to be too.

BTW Barbara - your signature area is like 5" long with nothing in it. You might want to check your signature in your options and see if you have lots of dead stuff in there making it so large.
    I have been worrying about the signature thing. I deleted my trip counter that I had there, even saved and everything, but the space still stayed large. I need to take care of that.

I know that everything that MiceChat does has a technical reason. I just don't always understand it as fast as others.

---------- Post added 04-12-2012 at 11:13 AM ----------

I believe the signature problem has been resolved. Thanks again.
    Last edited by Barbaraann; 04-12-2012 at 08:13 AM.

• Pilot EdForceOne

yup - you look just fine
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged