Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Important Community News - Something exciting and new is coming to MiceChat

Hey howdy hey MiceChatters,

We've got some really exciting news for you today. Monorail Man and his elves have been burning the midnight oil to craft a whole new front page and featured content system for the site. Beginning VERY soon (perhaps as early as tomorrow) you'll find all your favorite articles in a new place (our front page). While all the old content will still be available where it was, all new content will be available only from our new front page (instead of the old vBulletin Blogs we have been using).

But that's not all. We've made significant changes to make it easier for folks to find and share MiceChat featured articles and news. To further that goal (and make it much easier to read our stories on mobile devices), many of our longer articles (like Dateline Disneyland, Orlando Parkhopper, In The Parks, Dateline Disney World and Weekend Update) will begin breaking their content up into individual stories rather than one big long post. Everything you love will still be there, but they'll be their own unique articles on the front page. An average Dateline Disneyland may end up being 3 or more articles. That means, when you share a story you like on Facebook or Twitter, your friends won't have any trouble finding the part you were trying to share. It will also make it possible for our theme park reporters to cover breaking news as it happens instead of always waiting for their publishing date. You'll find Dateline on Monday as you always have, but may also see additional stories from Dateline throughout the week!

To support all this new content, the front page has been completely redesigned. It will look much more like a magazine and have stories grouped around topics you are interested in (such as Disneyland, Disney World, Orlando Parks, Disney News, Featured articles, etc).

The Weekly Round Up will also be coming to your email. Rather than sending out one long out of date newsletter every month, we'll begin delivering an enhanced MiceChat Round Up via email (and also on the web) every Wednesday. If you don't get our current emails, please subscribe by visiting our Newsletter Sign Up Page: MiceChat Newsletters and Information

In the coming weeks, we'll have even more exciting changes, including a single front page for all of your favorite MiceChat AND MiceAge content. No more searching across multiple sites for your favorite writers. It will all be in one easy to find place.

The MiceChat forums will receive a very minor update, but all functionality will remain as it is for now.

We know you are going to love the new look and feature enhancements we've made and hope that the new easier to use MiceChat encourages you to start sharing more of our articles with your friends and family and that it will be much easier for you to read MiceChat from your smart phone and tablet devices as well.

Much thanks to Monorail Man and his crew of happy coding elves for the remarkable work they've done on the new site.

Keep your eyes open for a new front page shortly!
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Re: Important Community News - Something exciting and new is coming to MiceChat

This is wonderful! I can't wait!
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Woo-Hoo! Get excited, people!

• Minion

whooo get exited thax monrail man
    its going to amzing
    I have a problem with dyslexia, but if you will please bear with me, I would love to participate in the conversations here at MiceChat. Thanks for your understanding! - Matthttp://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo[URL=http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDisneylandfan4ever?feature=mhumfeature=mhum#p/u"]http://www.youtube.com/user/matt4mickey123?feature=mhum#p/u[/U- Mattșoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șo[disneyland repctive of the wedsday show dca eathen brithday 282 by mickeyfan4ever1234, on Flickr

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

It is going to be very cool.... and its only the beginning of some great and fun things we're going to be getting/doing over time. So much fun stuff that will lead up to MiceAge's 10th anniversary!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• I am not a Krusty Krab

im in that cool part of Micechat again. haha but that'll make things much easier

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

It's alive! It's alive! It's alive!

You'll see some content shuffling around tonight on the homepage, but check it out at
    MiceChat | Theme park news, information, and more!

Leave a comment here, or let me know if you have any issues!
    -Monorail Man

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

On an iPad... The "follow" bar isn't floating on top of everything (ie: dropdown menu and image scroll) and the "latest MiceChat posts" should probably move to the left about 10 or 20px to compensate... That's all I've noticed so far, so that means you did an excellent job, as I would have expected. I'd love to see icons for each option in the drop down menu... He hee hee.
    -Bill

• HYDRA

So the long articles are in smaller one on different days

I started visiting this site a few months ago after reading an Al Lutz article. I had trouble figuring out what the site was (and what the difference was between MiceAge and MiceChat). And I was always really confused by the amount of content on the site and what it was.

Now it's really clear that most of the stuff provides news from all of the parks. The new website has brought the site into the 21st century. Plus, it looks great.

However, the link to the RSS feed doesn't work and the images for the logo and share buttons won't load. (They keep getting 404 errors: http://micechat.com/newwp/wp-content/logos/logo.png )

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Quote Originally Posted by Josh T View Post
    However, the link to the RSS feed doesn't work and the images for the logo and share buttons won't load. (They keep getting 404 errors: http://micechat.com/newwp/wp-content/logos/logo.png )
    Thanks for the report! I've fixed the logo and RSS feed!
    -Monorail Man

Quote Originally Posted by Monorail Man View Post
    Thanks for the report! I've fixed the logo and RSS feed!
    Thanks. But I'm still getting problems with the social network buttons that have a fixed position on the right side of the page. I noticed that they work when you get rid of the /newwp/ part.
    Disneyland Paris
    • New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07
    • January 2000, 2012
    • April 2012
    • August 2009, 2011

Walt Disney World
    • August 2008

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

I do not know how I feel about this yet haha. Was a shock to see when I signed on!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

Lipstick on a pig.

Walt Disney wouldn't have done this.

Save the old Micechat!

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Blastaway Beach opens at Wet n' Wild

Why does this only show as one paragraph?
    -Bill

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast