Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Re: Is it me.. or are the forums really dead the last few months?

I think a lot of the discussion in the forums was due to the remodel of DCA and the events leading up to it. The Micechatters discussed every square inch of what was being done to the parks multiple times over. Now that the DCA remodel is complete there really isn't much to talk about. Sure, there have been a few minor things since then like the new PFF and Starbucks coming to Main Street, but other than that nothing much has been added to the DLR that requires such scrutiny as the DCS remodel did, and all the other peripheral projects during that time as well.

My prediction is that MiceChat will be relatively slow for awhile until a new project comes up and then there will be a flurry of discussion, only to die down again until the next project surfaces.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    I think a lot of the discussion in the forums was due to the remodel of DCA and the events leading up to it.
    Site was a lot busier before DCA v2.0 too..

In a way I think funneling so much of the content to the blog articles has actually hurt the discussion forum side of the site. Doesn't help that Al has only put up 3 articles this year.. and only 9 in the last 6 months total.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

•   
    • Banned User

For me I've seen enough negativity, angry debate, people trying to shove their points of view down other's throats and letting those people get away with it while punishment is doled out to those who stand up against the rabble-rousers. I'm disillusioned with how things work around here. Why stop in daily? Weekly is fine, if even that. It's not software issues as far as I'm concerned.

• Lion

Quote Originally Posted by fifthrider View Post
    For me I've seen enough negativity, angry debate, people trying to shove their points of view down other's throats and letting those people get away with it while punishment is doled out to those who stand up against the rabble-rousers. I'm disillusioned with how things work around here. Why stop in daily? Weekly is fine, if even that. It's not software issues as far as I'm concerned.
    I was waiting for someone to say it.

It has nothing to do with content, nothing to do with "front page" articles, nothing to do with the DCA expansion project being over. I've talked to many others who feel the same way.

I came here, like I'm sure many did, because I love Disney and wanted a place to discuss it with others who love it. It's not fun any more. There are too many vocal people with an agenda against Disney. It's the same tired, old complaints. I come to fan forums to find fans who I can share my enjoyment with. I don't mind a good debate, I don't mind criticism (which I've occasionally dealt myself). But there are just too many full on "modern Disney haters" for me to deal with. I just don't enjoy discussions, because nearly every single thread degrades into the same thing until all the life is sucked out of it: "Disney is a money-grubbing corporate monster."

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

"MiceChat isn't any fun anymore." I have heard that complaint many many times over the years. I have heard people quote that reason for not posting here anymore. It is indeed a shame that a certain type of MiceChatter is the reason why other MiceChatters leave and/or become less active.

Personally I still have fun, and find value in participating. I think the people who run the site do a good job dealing with the troublemakers. As members we need to participate in that process as well. It is the members who define this site, and MiceChatters have always been passionate and opinionated on all sides of the many topics that are discussed here. As new members come, and go, MiceChat has gone through highs and lows. I guess it remains to be be seen if MiceChat can make you smile, and laugh, and enjoy the site again.

I applaud the members who make the effort, and post responsibly. As for the others, their faces have changed and changed again many times over these many years.
    Last edited by Barbaraann; 04-04-2013 at 12:20 PM.

•   
    • Banned User

Well, at over 49k posts BarbaraAnn I'd say you have definitely seen the ebb and flow of this place over the years. I love reading your posts, Clara's, Exploding Boy's and a few others, that's for sure.

I completely agree with this and thank you for putting a better term on it:

Quote Originally Posted by simba View Post
    But there are just too many full on "modern Disney haters" for me to deal with. I just don't enjoy discussions, because nearly every single thread degrades into the same thing until all the life is sucked out of it: "Disney is a money-grubbing corporate monster."
    Yes, THANK YOU! Full on modern Disney haters. The people here who make this place nice are the ones who see the glass half full and they LOVE the park and all things Disney and the benefit it brings to their life. Meanwhile I've always got to put up with that contingent who focuses cynicism on every topic, as if being snarky means you're smarter than the "sheep" who love the place. Please. It just means they see a glass with 50% contents and describe it as half empty. I think a lot of us here aren't stupid or blind & deaf to the downsides of Disney. Heck, I can admit to many of them myself and will acknowledge them, but never let them affect me for the worse. At worst I see the negatives as "we can do better" not "This place sucks because it isn't perfect."

So far the people who've posted on this thread are EXACTLY the kind of people who make Disney fans great. Thanks, all.

• Pilot EdForceOne

the community is what you make of it.

The ignore button is easy to find and if people let a few get them down they really should just use it.

I'm not in the parks regularly and I can't help but think all those thoughts that are happening on the front page are missed threads here. No engagement and a topic drain from the forums themselves.

I mean Disney is now facing having a major reduction in force in the company.. including the film studios..

and it's not even a top trending thread on the site... heck I can't find a thread on it at all

Am I evil? yes, I am

• Hooterville, USA

I enjoy going back and reading the threads from 2005. That's when it was lighter around here, and people joked with each other. Now it seems like it's so PC and serious.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

I am new and so have nothing to compare against how things might have been different, but having the chance to come here and be with other people who love Disney is a wonderful addition to my life.

It does not make sense to hate the corporation that keeps Disney alive for us. If we can't have Walt, we will have to have other people making choices and we won't always agree with them any more than we did with Walt.

I was trying to watch a show called "Clubhouse Mickey" that is computerized three-dimensional animation and all I could think was, "That's not the real Mickey." And I turned it off. Apparently, for me, the "real" Mickey is flat. But I don't hate anyone for trying something new. I just feel fortunate to have the Disney I can have...
    "Ignore the Chihuahua behind the curtain."

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas View Post
    I enjoy going back and reading the threads from 2005. That's when it was lighter around here, and people joked with each other. Now it seems like it's so PC and serious.
    yeah. the PC stuff is a real drag. reflective of the larger pop..

People need to get to some comedy club standup more.. seems to be the only place people can make a joke that 'might' insult someone.

Am I evil? yes, I am

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    yeah. the PC stuff is a real drag. reflective of the larger pop..

People need to get to some comedy club standup more.. seems to be the only place people can make a joke that 'might' insult someone.
    You have a point. I constantly stifle the funny because I just don't want to deal with it. It's turned into a situation of everything is great or everything is crappy opinions and I sure like dicusssion but not with brick walls. I do miss the old comraderie at MiceChat.

• Senior Minion

Personally, I blame fo'c's'l'e swab. Let's face it, ever since he left, the cutting-edge comedy that once ran rampant on this site has degenerated into a collection of knock-knock jokes and Duffy puns.

Not that a Duffy pun can't give one a wee chuckle on a bad news day, but it's mighty poor substitute. When swab was a reg'lar, we had entire threads comparing Jay Rasulo to the Dead Parrot Sketch, and people were rolling in the aisles. Rolling!

Then, boom: "I'm off to join the Navy," says he.

Fine, serve your country and leave us to flounder.

Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 04-08-2013 at 10:54 AM. Reason: Doctor's orders.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

These things happen in three's: First the forums died, then Thatcher, then Annette Funicello.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    These things happen in three's: First the forums died, then Thatcher, then Annette Funicello.
    I needed a good laugh, to help hold back the tears.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    You have a point. I constantly stifle the funny because I just don't want to deal with it. It's turned into a situation of everything is great or everything is crappy opinions and I sure like dicusssion but not with brick walls. I do miss the old comraderie at MiceChat.
    The PC 'requirements' make me ill.. I miss the double edged humor of yours

Am I evil? yes, I am

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast