Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

• Minion

Can we refrain from political signatures, please?

[New readers please note that the subject at hand is in reference to a type of signature being used by others as well. This topic was not meant to single out one single person.]

Micechat is a wonderful and fun website dedicated to all things Disney .. and several other "fun" related things in life. And for those who seek more "serious" discussion we have sections for that. And those who don't like it .. simply don't click into those sections.

Now .. as far as our signatures are concerned ... I've seen so many different types .. that have me on the floor laughing. Some .. representing an aspect of our lives, but for the most part .. they are kept fun.

Disney related signatures .. like mine refering to DCA .. and the surrounding snowflakes to represent the winter months we are in now (and my love of winter .. and all things related to this fun season Let's have a snow fight )

Disney related ... hobby related .... they are quite diverse ... but I just noticed one that I felt crossed the line into POLITICS.

An example can be found on this page:

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19093

Instead of poking fun/political humor .. it's an AD for people to join.

I'm sorry .. but I feel that is going too far. I'll leave my "political" opinions out of Micechat, but suffice it to say, there's a few things I'd like to say about "the Right" ... but my main motivation here, is how it pains me to see sigs are going beyond just "cutsie" stuff, and now entering the relm of serious stuff. And in an area I feel is taboo.

I stay out of politic type discussions in the sections that can be found on Micechat .. but when someone has to throw a political statement within their signature as I'm reading DL topics in the DLR section .. Why do I we have to have that?

Blocking this person out on my preferences isn't the answer .. if this idea starts to spread with other posters. And I happen to like that poster and what they say .. as well as so many other posters ........ but can we leave out "The Republican Party is great - Join in" ... "The Democrat Party is great - Join"?

So .. again ....

I could go into and simply block out signatures .. though I would hate to do that .. and miss out on 99% of all the other fun signatures that I enjoy reading ........

I could block that person out ....

But those short-term answers are not the long-term solution.

I ask the entire Micechat Community .........

Can we PLEASE leave out the "come join our political party" signatures?

I'm not exactly happy with this new brand of signatures. I don't come here to Micechat to have politics spill into the "Disney/fun" related discussion that I enjoy.

I HUMBLY thank all of you.
    Last edited by Escapé; 02-05-2006 at 02:02 AM.

• Gay Man

Re: Can we refrain from political signatures, please?

You have the option of turning off signature viewing in your user CP.

• Minion

But as I mentioned "NotAfraid" .. then I miss out on everybody elses fun signatures.

• Huh?

It must be my sig....

Didn't know you were offended by the fuzzy robots.
    -Tim

• e komo mai

Well, I'm not sure about this. I mean, being pro-DCA or anti-DCA is a rather political thing around here... Are we supposed to stop that to?

I say no to censoring sigs. (Unless they don't fit in with MC guidelines...)

• Banned User

if its the one I think you are talking about its to join the club here on micechat. its a club, I am in the club as a lot of us are. No biggie, she is not saying join a party, its join a club ( here again on mice chat.

• Minion

Go Gold- Go Conservative- Go RIGHT! Join the club!

I had to copy&paste to demonstrate my point better.

All this did was invoke a side of me .. that I feel is inappropriate to bring into discussion here on this "Disneyesque" related website.

I don't think we should go this far with signatures.

How would everyone like it .. if I started mentioning what I have to say in my sig?

I'm sure people would be extremely ticked with me .. and I would not blame them ...

Hence ..... this is just going too far .. when I"m interested in DL .. and some fun signatures ........... but not signatures to provoke political headed discussion!
    Last edited by Escapé; 02-01-2006 at 02:09 PM.

• Banned User

oh and for the record, I love DCa more then any other park ( yes disneyland to) so its kind of sad to see your sig putting it down. So you see some of us acually have different points of view .

• e komo mai

I'm not a Republican, I don't like DCA but I would hate to have something mandate that people who are pro-Republican and pro-DCA can't express themselves.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Our FAQ prohibits religious or political discussions on MiceChat (unless you are in the debate or litter box forums). It isn't wise to bring these topics up in sig lines.

If you find a post or poster whom you feel has violated the community rules, simply report the post and give a clear reason why. No need to call anyone out in public.

-Dusty
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Gay Man

Do what I do, just scroll on past and don't look at it. Or, put a poster on ignore, then you don't have to see that person's sig.

I understand that things are pissing you off, but that's for you to deal with in a way that works for you. I don't think a "reul" needs to be created because you don't like someone's viewpoint.

• e komo mai

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage
    Our FAQ prohibits religious or political discussions on MiceChat (unless you are in the debate or litter box forums). It isn't wise to bring these topics up in sig lines.
    But what about ads for MiceChat Clubs in sigs? That seems to be the issue at hand. Clubs can be political, too...

• Original Mice-Chatter

Quote Originally Posted by Escapé
    Go Gold- Go Conservative- Go RIGHT! Join the club!

I had to copy&paste to demonstrate my point better ...........

I am so totally inferiated by the entire Republican party .. and the damage I"m seeing by the Bush Administration with each passing day ...........

And this person has the audacity of this?

I am just so TICKED!

I don't think we should go this far with signatures.

Especially in this time in American History.

How would everyone like it .. if I started mentioning what I have to say?

I'm sure people would be extremely ticked with me .. and I would not blame them ...

Hence ..... this is just going too far .. when I"m interested in DL .. and some fun signatures ........... but not signatures to provoke political headed discussion!?????
    I am provoking political converstion.
    I am not promoting a party.
    I am inviting people of conservative mindset to join the Mice Club - MC Young Conservatives.
    You can join the Progressives, or the Libertines, or the Moderates. What you can NOT do is single me out and attempt to censor me because of YOUR politics.

I do not- by MY choice- participate in the litter boxes or the debate lounge. I am not posting political threads- what I am doing is reaching out to people who have similiar politics to mine, and others have done the same for their ideaology.

What would you do it I started complaining about the progressive badges I have seen? Or some of the liberal idealogue sigs? Would you approve of me trying to censor them and silence them just because I do not agree?

I would bet not.

You don't know me- you know nothing about me personally. I am not forcing you to think, join nor believe anything. I will not censor my signature for you, I have as much right to state how I feel as you do.

I am not, however tempting it may be, taking shots at the left on this board or in the country outside the Club- but darnit! I have EVERY right to use the forums provided to me to form the club and promote it so that people who WANT to be a part of it- can be!

If you are angry at political issues, maybe YOU want to take it into forums like the litter boxes and debate- I don't- and I will be damned before I allow you, or anyone else, to censor and silence MY voice just because YOU don't like seeing it. I manage to tolerate and/or ignore things that others do here that support politics I find abhorrent- I recommend you do the same.
    Last edited by Nephythys; 02-01-2006 at 12:18 PM.

• I'm your huckleberry.

I really don't see Nephy's banner as being political. She's simply promoting her club. Same thing I'm doing with my "Progressives" banner.

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• Original Mice-Chatter

In addition- yes, I am angry. I am angry that despite the fact that I do not participate in those forums I am STILL a target of people who will not tolerate a different point of view.

I am not only advertising the club, I am advertising MC Gold as well- encouraging people to join. I am not making a political statement outside of inviting people to join.

I already removed a sig quote that COULD have been considered far more contentious- but I find it a tad outrageous that anyone would single me out and try to ban sigs based on their views- I would never do that- no matter how obnoxious I found it to be.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast