• Suspended

Sub-Forum for Club 33?

I'd like to suggest that a subforum for Club 33 issues and reviews and such be created.

My reasoning is that there is too much cluttering of threads about a members-only that most Micechatters will never visit or be a member of.
    Now, these Club33 members do have reasons to vent, but I'm not sure venting in such a public place as the General DLR forum is the appropriate place.

Just put it right above or below Yesterland SubForum. Anyone can check them out, if they so desire. Not asking for a "members-only" forum.

Just an idea.
    Thanks for reading.

• Minion

Re: Sub-Forum for Club 33?

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    I'd like to suggest that a subforum for Club 33 issues and reviews and such be created.

My reasoning is that there is too much cluttering of threads about a members-only that most Micechatters will never visit or be a member of.
    Now, these Club33 members do have reasons to vent, but I'm not sure venting in such a public place as the General DLR forum is the appropriate place.

Just put it right above or below Yesterland SubForum. Anyone can check them out, if they so desire. Not asking for a "members-only" forum.

Just an idea.
    Thanks for reading.
    Good idea - either that, or have each Micechatter who is a Club 33 member commit to inviting at least one non-33 Micechatter to visit the Club with them ... Hmmm ... one invite each member, or one each post?
    Actually, I did at first find the inside looks and observations from 33 members of some interest, but after so many threads recently I do find myself just skipping them, as I will most likely never be a member, and I don't know anyone who is a member and volunteering to sponsor a visit.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

The idea does have merit, but at current by my count, there are 3 threads (not all on the first page either) that are very active about the Club right at this moment and aspects of some of them do pertain to aspects of Disneyland visible to regular guests, so it's not 'flooding' or crowding out other threads in a detrimental fashion. If activity did pick up then this might be a way to go indeed and is a good suggestion - will certainly get the input of other staff about it.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

• Minion

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Any time a sub-forum is created, it risks suffering low traffic as most members are viewing the main park sub-forums primarily. To that end, given the small membership of Club 33, and the even smaller percentage of those members who are active here, that sub-forum would likely be a ghost town. The Club 33 news is big right now due to the revamp. This will return to normal as the news cycle progresses.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    Any time a sub-forum is created, it risks suffering low traffic as most members are viewing the main park sub-forums primarily. To that end, given the small membership of Club 33, and the even smaller percentage of those members who are active here, that sub-forum would likely be a ghost town. The Club 33 news is big right now due to the revamp. This will return to normal as the news cycle progresses.
    Good points!
    In fact, this thread would probably get a lot more input if it was in the Disneyland forum instead of here in "The Forums" ... hmmm ... if no one minds, I think I'll put links to this thread in some of the Club 33 threads in the DL forum ... just to see if other members have input. Personally, I very much agree with what Trevor wrote here. However, I did see a sort of disgruntled sounding post or two from non 33/34ers, so it might be interesting to see what other members who have missed this thread might have to say.
    *Another option, have one of the C33 members who want to discuss the changes, menu, etc., sponsor (as in invite, not foot the whole bill) a Micechat dinner at Club 33 - now that might actually be a very neat event if it could be coordinated! *

• Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    If that is what will happen, so be it. We'll never know until someone creates it. Maybe it will be the most popular forum.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    If that is what will happen, so be it. We'll never know until someone creates it. Maybe it will be the most popular forum.
    I just combined a huge number of our underutilized sub-forums that seemingly had much larger potential than a Club 33 forum and am looking to do even more consolidation. Even the Carsland and BVS forums died out in months and were recombined. So, its an educated guess to be sure. But if I hear about huge demand for this or any other topic, I will always check out he many threads on the topic have been created over time and then consider it. I hear the feedback.

• Under that tree again!

I think if a Club 33 forum was created it would create a surge in popularity of the site and drive up membership. It would be a prime target for requests to "get me in the club please" threads.

Ultimately the only other drivers of the club threads in recent years are the addition of Platinum, BVS with 1901 and the Club 33 remodel.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

It might get some traffic now while the news is hot... but in a few weeks it would more than likely die out to next to nothing. Just the nature of the beast is all....

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    I think if a Club 33 forum was created it would create a surge in popularity of the site and drive up membership. It would be a prime target for requests to "get me in the club please" threads.

Ultimately the only other drivers of the club threads in recent years are the addition of Platinum, BVS with 1901 and the Club 33 remodel.
    The plus side of a separate 33 forum is that people interested could check it out, but people who find it irrelevant to their Disney experience could more easily ignore it.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Given that even the Knott's and Universal sub-forums have pretty relatively low traffic (not so much in views but in posts/new content), I think a Club 33 section would probably not do so hot.

It seems like there is a lot of chatter now, but if it had a dedicated area you'd be surprised to see that there really isn't that much going on now, and it would more than likely stay that way.

• Suspended

I don't really care what the new subforum would be like. It would simply make the general Disneyland Forum less cluttery.
    Matter of fact, the proposed Club33 Subforum SHOULD be somewhat barren.