•   
    • Minion

Sub Forum for APs

This is just an idea, but is there any chance we could get a sub forum just for Annual Passholders?

Part of me worries that it would be seen as elitist and another example of how APs feel entitled. However, as an AP I honestly feel sick when I come to the Forum time and time again and see posts that basically accuse APs of being the root of all evil in the park. It's one of the things that has made me post less and less. Even when posts are not abusive, there seems to be an overwhelming sentiment against APs on the main Disneyland board. It's disheartening and it isn't fair because it lumps all APs in one group...and considering there are a million of them, it's not accurate.

I think therefore it would be nice for APs to have a sub board where they can meet and discuss AP events, etc. without endless posts about how they're rude, how they cause crowding, how they're single-handedly responsible for every horrible thing that happens at the parks, etc.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

• Under that tree again!

Re: Sub Forum for APs

I wonder if it would end up a place to attack APs?
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

MiceChat's forums, as a whole, are no where near as active as they once were. I think things are fine just as they are. I navigate the site through new posts, so over the course of a day/week, I manage to see most everything that might interest me. There are a few forums that were once super busy, and now they have absolutely no activity. The Sports Zone comes to mind. I often wonder why DCA doesn't have it's own forum. I don't believe the AP's need their own. I don't believe that creating a forum for AP's would correct any attitude, or treatment of the Annual Passholders themselves, or the Annual Passholder program.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    I wonder if it would end up a place to attack APs?
    It would be nice to have one place to do all the attacking.

It would also nice to have a subforum where AP'ers are not allowed. tit-for-tat. We could discuss important issues without posters typing "me" or "I" twenty times per post.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Minion

As none of the forums are exclusive to certain members (and I don't believe they should be), it doesn't really make sense to me to make a separate AP forum. As was pointed out above, anti-AP members could just as easily come there to attack APs, and making a separate forum for APs could just add fuel to their fire. So many experiences plus relevant information and news, are shared by APs and non APs, it doesn't make sense to "segregate" us.
    However, sediment's idea of making a separate forum for Club 33 members still has some merit to me...
    Last edited by Scarlet Spanky; 08-19-2014 at 01:49 PM. Reason: comma

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    It would be nice to have one place to do all the attacking.

It would also nice to have a subforum where AP'ers are not allowed. tit-for-tat. We could discuss important issues without posters typing "me" or "I" twenty times per post.
    Thanks for posting this - this negativity is a great example of why such sub-forum is needed. Mods, why do you allow posters here to make sweeping, offensive generalizations of entire groups of parkgoers?

The irony, of course, is that most of the up to date information on the day to day stuff at Disneyland comes from APs who are there to notice it, so if they ever went away, many of the posters here would be hard pressed to know what is happening at the parks.
    Last edited by Malina; 08-20-2014 at 09:56 AM.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    Thanks for posting this - this negativity is a great example of why such sub-forum is needed. Mods, why do you allow posters here to make sweeping, offensive generalizations of entire groups of parkgoers?

The irony, of course, is that most of the up to date information on the day to day stuff at Disneyland comes from APs who are there to notice it, so if they ever went away, many of the posters here would be hard pressed to know what is happening at the parks.
    You read a lot of words and feelings and stuff that aren't there. So, since that is allowed, I think I'll read whatever I like into your post.

You were the one who suggested a special, exclusive sub-forum for APer's only, to keep others (like me) out.
    How offensive to my non-AP sensibilities! That is so negative!! It's a great example of the intolerance that all (yes, every single one!) AP'ers have to non-AP'ers.
    Mods, why do you allow posters to advocate the restriction of other posters' ability to post, based simply on their entrance media?
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Putting this as simply as possible: creating segregated zones of the site based on admission media is not something the staff is comfortable with for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is potential for that encouraging discord rather than everyone talking together and hopefully being respectful of others and that fostering discussion and many viewpoints being shared to the benefit/inclusion of the entire community (those that are not respectful or deliberately trying to bash on either side do end up being talked to by staff sooner or later).
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

•   
    • Minion

Regions, I do hope you've had a word with the person who posted above you, then. I'm putting him on block, but he's clearly trying to be antagonistic. And it is a prime example of what some posters here think of APs. It is pretty understandable that someone would want a safe space where they're not being constantly slammed.
    Last edited by Malina; 08-20-2014 at 02:56 PM.

• Rock Star Minion

I don't think this way of all AP'ers. Only those who put all anti-AP PROGRAM posters in the same bucket. Like you just did to me.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    Putting this as simply as possible: creating segregated zones of the site based on admission media is not something the staff is comfortable with for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is potential for that encouraging discord rather than everyone talking together and hopefully being respectful of others and that fostering discussion and many viewpoints being shared to the benefit/inclusion of the entire community (those that are not respectful or deliberately trying to bash on either side do end up being talked to by staff sooner or later).
    I agree. It is a dumb idea.

The fact that on this planet 1 in every 7,000 people has a DLR AP says something. Do you think the old lady who live in Canada with her Premiere AP really is such a burden to the park? When you look at a group you try to pick out the traits they all share, but with a group this large there is no way to really have an accurate "sample guest."

What sediment and Malina don't realize is there are hundreds of thousands of APs who have never heard the words "MiceChat" before in their life, who behave in whatever way they want at the parks, who visit as often or as rarely as they want, and will not care in one way or another what the rest of the visiting guests think of their behavior.

• Rock Star Minion

I simply look at the "1 million" figure, and think, "That is too many."

However, I do not propose to solve this by restricting sales or creating a wait list or even raising the prices further.

The product is far too good to need an entrance media that promises unlimited admissions for a limited time (some more limited than others) for a fixed price.
    It also is not worth $96 to enter for one day (to me).

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post

Malina makes a very good point here about day to day updates coming from locals who visit the parks more often.
    How sad that these hostilities have seemingly driven away such a valuable MC member as Malina. Malina, if you're reading this - come back!