Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Is MiceAge Heading To Yesterland?

Before you start the e-lynching, I just am curious to the future of this site. The info nowadays seems few and far between. Many of the contributors haven't contributed in quite some time. It just seems like the site is turning more into the "MiceChat Round-Up" than anything else. I know it takes alot of work and time to keep this up. But it just seems like MiceAge is fading into Yesterland.

If anyone can offer any insight that would be appreciated.

Thanks!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Re: Is MiceAge Heading To Yesterland?

I agree. I mean nothing against the Round-up, but I am getting bored of going to MiceAge and noticing not much new changes each week. I mean how long has it been since Sue wrote a column?? She is a really good write and I enjoyed her reports. I always tuned in for Al's reports until they got few and far between. Kevin seems to be the most active out of all of them these days.

But given the fact that there is usually nothing new, I sometimes go to MiceAge for the Round-up. Other than that I don't check out Mice Age anymore unless I see a chat going on about Al's latest article.

I think they should atleast post something new once a week, because there is always something going on in the Disney parks.

• Earth Intruder

Yes, because quantity is always preferred over quality.

There's plenty of sites out there for the day-to-day random Park stuff that's happening. MiceAge often gives a different perspective on what is going on, as well as the latest rumors and park happenings that you can't find anywhere else.

I also find it funny when people want more updates from a free site. The columnists don't get paid for what they do. It isn't like Miceage is run like a newsroom. You have the columnists, you have Al doing the photo layouts/editing the columnists/updating the website, and that's all folks. As wedway points out, it takes a lot of time to do all that.

Edit: Out of curiousity wedway, why are all your posts about how MiceAge isn't updating enough? Seems kinda bizarre to me.
    Last edited by Chernabog; 05-27-2006 at 10:17 PM.
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

• Banned User

MiceAge is updates enough. Al does a lot of stuff, and it's not like he gets news every day... unlike other sites, which we wont discuss...

Give it time, if Al gets enough information, or time sensitive material he will update. Until then Kevin will update when he does, you get guest columns, and the round up. as states. MiceAge is free, though if you donate more they might update more.

If you want updates on MiceAge, Try writing a column on something around you, it might get posted.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

I think this needs to be viewed properly. A lot of happenings have really settled down. Pressler and Harris are gone from Disneyland. Eisner is gone from Disney. The 50th is underway and booming. I think for so long there was a lot to talk about and now that has subsided. But I am upset Al didn't break the news on the shed.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

I enjoy reading the MiceAge columnists whenever they contribute, which to me is quite often given the nature of this site as discussed above. Beyond that, I enjoy "chatting' with my MC family when I get the chance. I guess I'm saying I think the folks that run the site, and write for it, are doing a fine job just the way things are.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• insufferable know-it-all

Al reports when there's something TO report. Also, since he has to triple-check his sources, he often has to sit on a story until he can get it confirmed.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O
    I think this needs to be viewed properly. A lot of happenings have really settled down. Pressler and Harris are gone from Disneyland. Eisner is gone from Disney. The 50th is underway and booming. I think for so long there was a lot to talk about and now that has subsided. But I am upset Al didn't break the news on the shed.
    I believe that this and Morrigoon's comment pretty much sum up why Al rarely updates anymore. Years ago (good Lord has it really been this long?) when I first began reading Al's columns he updated constantly as there was always something to pique the interest of Disney geeks like us. Pressler was ruining the park, paint was peeling everywhere, there was talk (and then the reality) of a cheap park being thrown up next door, etc etc etc. That has all changed now, however, so except for the occasional rumor there really isn't that much to report. Unless, of course, you'd like a weekly, "Yep! Everything's still great! The park's still full! Cheers!" I know that I don't though.

I do wonder if perhaps Al may be tiring a bit of the Disney gig, however. He's been doing it for a while now, and doing the same thing for such a long time definitely burns one out. If you look around, most of us who have been posting together over the last few years rarely, if ever, post about the parks anymore. We've heard it all already, so there's nothing new. I wonder if Al might be in the same boat?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Do you guys think any of them will cover the POTC2 Event?

• Former Epcot CM

I just go over to MousePlanet and read Al's DIG archives. Pretty fun actually. I just read one and Al said that TDA had just cancelled WDI's request for attraction overhauls for five main attractions at Disneyland, in time and in honour of Disneyland's 50th. He goes on to say that this has been reduced to one attraction - Space Mountain.

Al is so good
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Well I go to so many Disney sites that theres always new Disney News, Mouse Planet, Mousie Info and Mouse Times also have Disney News too.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Maybe they should place some people who don't know what they're
    doing back in charge of Disney and Disneyland?!?!?! That way they
    could start demolishing attractions that shouldn't be demolished,
    maintain things much less frequently, start imagineering squalid attractions, closing attractions that shouldn't be closed, building new parks on the cheap - that shouldn't be built in the first place, oh and
    letting attraction run to failure.

Naw, I'd rather have fewer updates by Al.

Left the church, but not the parishioners.

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin
    Maybe they should place some people who don't know what they're doing back in charge of Disney and Disneyland?!?!?! That way they could start demolishing attractions that shouldn't be demolished, maintain things much less frequently, start imagineering squalid attractions, closing attractions that shouldn't be closed, building new parks on the cheap - that shouldn't be built in the first place, oh and letting attraction run to failure. Naw, I'd rather have fewer updates by Al.
    I couldn't agree more!

• Banned User

Shouldn't we ask Al about this haha?

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Here's an idea, we could have someone write about Rumors of DL amd WDW, and I mean Rumors not facts.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast