• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Question Are there too many General Entertainment articles in the News Section

Ok, the News section here at MiceChat is directly linked to the MiceAge front page, and its topics are listed there.

The News section here states it is for "Disney and Industry News Links".

To me that is the Theme Park Industry and major business news regarding the Walt Disney Company in general.

But I don't think topics such as "Regis is recovering at home", "Get ready, here comes the May Box Office" and the "80th Annual Academy Awards set" belong there, I think they belong in the General Entertainment section.

Of course, this is my personal opinion, so what do you think belongs in the news section that is linked to MiceAge, and what shouldn't be posted there...

And I know there is a section for the News Club, but since I am not a member I couldn't post the question there first, but I think it is fair to ask the entire community.

And for those who don't know, I have been given special access here at MiceChat that allows me to post in the News section....
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• no flash photography...

Re: Are there too many General Entertainment articles in the News Section

I've never noticed and it does not bother me.

• Pilot EdForceOne

I don't read the main page.. but I totally agree with your concern DB. If the news is for Disney and Theme parks.. keep the other articles in the 'all entertainment' or other areas

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

It hasn't bothered me because Entertainment news interests me.
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    Ok, the News section here at MiceChat is directly linked to the MiceAge front page, and its topics are listed there.

To me that is the Theme Park Industry and major business news regarding the Walt Disney Company in general.

But I don't think topics such as "Regis is recovering at home", "Get ready, here comes the May Box Office" and the "80th Annual Academy Awards set" belong there, I think they belong in the General Entertainment section.

Of course, this is my personal opinion, so what do you think belongs in the news section that is linked to MiceAge, and what shouldn't be posted there...

And I know there is a section for the News Club, but since I am not a member I couldn't post the question there first, but I think it is fair to ask the entire community.

And for those who don't know, I have been given special access here at MiceChat that allows me to post in the News section....
    Actually, all these articles you referred to have relevence to the Walt Disney Company and its affiliates. "Live With Regis and Kelly" is produced by Buena Vista Television. The Academy Awards are broadcast annually on ABC. And there's this minor movie release in May called Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End.

I think its quite appropriate for all these stories, and those like them, to continue being posted in the News section.

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

Articles like that are of special interest, mostly because they come from member-only publications such as 'Variety' that most of our members do mot have access to. Plus, as Tim so aptly pointed out, they are very relevant as Disney news.

Disney's Theme Parks are not its' only business
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by disneytim View Post
    Actually, all these articles you referred to have relevence to the Walt Disney Company and its affiliates. "Live With Regis and Kelly" is produced by Buena Vista Television. The Academy Awards are broadcast annually on ABC. And there's this minor movie release in May called Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End.

I think its quite appropriate for all these stories, and those like them, to continue being posted in the News section.
    I agree with Tim. While the odd article does slip through that doesn't really belong in the News Forum, most do. We have some new handling for the news forum coming up that I think DB and the rest of you will like very much, and which will help distinguish the news section a bit more. More about that when the time comes.

And DB, if you'd like access to the News Club, please send me a PM.
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

If you don't want to read them, don't click on them.

It's that easy people!
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

Our current philosophy with the news forum does include posting about competitive entertainment entities. We feel that the articles are relevant both to understanding the Disney Company and its standing in its respective industries and that Disney fans have an interest in this information.

Perhaps what you might be interested in is a subforum, for related articles that do not necesicarily contain strictly Disney content? Just throwing an idea out there..........
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Banned User

sometimes if it's a specific actor / musician.. i don't see it fitting there..

in my opinion:
    most stuff with Britney spears doesn't deal with disney...
    Regis coming out of surgery.. thats a fine line... but it would be best in entertainment, now if it was a new show for a disney network then yes...

• Earth Intruder

Quote Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
    Our current philosophy with the news forum does include posting about competitive entertainment entities. We feel that the articles are relevant both to understanding the Disney Company and its standing in its respective industries and that Disney fans have an interest in this information.

Perhaps what you might be interested in is a subforum, for related articles that do not necesicarily contain strictly Disney content? Just throwing an idea out there..........
    That's a good idea -- because honestly I agree with Darkbeer and think the news forum philosophy needs to be revised.

If I wanted to read Entertainment Weekly, then I'd point my browser to EW.com. I don't think that "posting about competitive entertainment entities" belongs on here (i.e. the weekend box office tallies, among other things), UNLESS there's a Disney film/theme park/product/show somehow featured.

I also don't think that because an actor had a Disney/ABC show in the past means that MiceChat News should feature their rehab schedule.

The main news forum should be limited to news featuring or including the Walt Disney Company and its entities, NOT "Six Degrees of the Walt Disney Company and its entities"
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Chernabog View Post
    TThe main news forum should be limited to news featuring or including the Walt Disney Company and its entities, NOT "Six Degrees of the Walt Disney Company and its entities"
    and its competition.. IE movie, TV show, themepark news, and /whatever sixflags is now news

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post

If you look at the view count that is along side all these stories, the picture that is painted is a little differant...

Theme Park Industry (Six Flags), Animation Industry (DreamWorks), and Family Film Industry (Indy, Star Wars) stories do well even though we don't run them often unless they relate to Disney.

But you can't talk about Disney in general without taking into account it's synergies: ABC Telivision, ESPN Telivision, Miramax/Touchstone.... If you are interested in the Walt Disney Company, you have to see the company as a whole...

I came here not becase I was interested in reading MiceAge... I originally came here because I was a Disney Shareholder who took Roy's side in the SaveDisney fight... I am here because it is one of the last oasis for those who want to transform Disney into the company it needs to be... I still think more work needs to be done, and I for one am not totally sold on Iger... He is better than I thought he would be, but he still has work to do... And maybe that was the problem all along... No one points out the problems with ABC, ESPN, and the Film Studios...

ABC is entering interesting times: right now they have the number one network news program, Lost is losing viewship, Grey's anadomy is in trouble because it jumped the shark too soon... I care, even if you don't, it's my money....
    Check out my other blog: