Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Re: Too Many Trip Reports?

As a person who enjoys writing the trip reports, I agree and disagree with the original poster.

I do agree that a separate section would be great, if 50 people attend a meet and they all write a trip report, I love reading each one of them. I admit from the WDW Invasion last year I missed about 10 reports, mainly because they got lost in the thread with everything else. If they were in one location it would be easier and welcome to read them there.

I do disagree though about the bad content or the non usefulness comment. Every post is interpreted differently by whomever reads it, some may enjoy it immensely while others would be bored and move on.

It's all in the eye of the thread reader.

• Beep Beep!

I'm a trip report junky, I confess. But for those of us who do not live near the park, or even thousands of miles away, it's a way to live vicariously through those who can attend the meets regularly. The more, the merrier says I!!!
    HDAlien

-----------------------------------------------------
    "I dream of the day when you can go to a drive through, purchase alcohol, tobacco, and bullets, and use them all before you get home" -- Dogbert

• up to no good

Love the trip reports.. Keep them coming.

I live in in NYC and would love to make it to DL and join the meets..

But since I can't looking thru all the reports and reading the comments makes me feel like im there...
    Quote Originally Posted by aashee (Farter Extraordinair) View Post
    Wow. If regular MiceChatters saw this thread they might think we are normal. Thanks Dan & Gina!

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Quote Originally Posted by cpdisneyprincess View Post
    Beyond huh? gee....
    Yes.. Beyond Brilliance cpdisneyprincess, you've taken it to the next level! ;o)

And yes I misspelled Brilliance... I guess that makes me simple and unique cause it'll always be brillance... well, sometimes it will when I don't proof read. Great, is proofread one word or 2!?! LOL
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Forever thankful. .

I throughly enjoy reading trip reports. I don't get to all of them but when I am especially missing Disneyland, a fun trip report is just the ticket.

I think a section for all the trip reports from one BIG meet makes a lot of sense.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Fishbulb View Post
    The cool thing about the different reports is the different points of view. Lately there have been a great deal of trip reports. It always seems to happen when there is a HUGE meet like this past Sunday. SHEESH there were a lot of people.

If the Trip reports get in your way you can always sort the threads by type using the drop down menu at the bottom of the page.

Bravo Bravo. Very well said my fuzzy headed friend
    PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

• My arms are tired!

IMO, not too many trip reports. I love them, I look at all of them as they pop up. I don't get to DL as much as I'd like, so when I need a fix, I get them virtually and vicariously.

Cost of AP= $239
    Trips to DL= 001
    Next Trip to DL= May 6-7, 2007

• Gobble GOBBLE

Quote Originally Posted by snowflake View Post
    IMO, not too many trip reports. I love them, I look at all of them as they pop up. I don't get to DL as much as I'd like, so when I need a fix, I get them virtually and vicariously.

My thoughts exactly.
    That was wonderful! Bravo! I loved that! Ah, that was great! Well, it was pretty good. Well, it wasn't bad. Uh, there were parts of it that weren't very good though. It could have been a lot better. I didn't really like it. It was pretty terrible. It was bad. It was awful! It was terrible! Take 'em away! Boo! Boo!

• Directly directed

Being 12 hours away I live vicariously through the trip reports. I really like the ones that include pictures of poles, dirt, even the ugly swans because I know it is Disneyland poles, dirt and swans and I don't get to see that very often at all. Sometimes I don't think there are enough trip reports. If there were alllll these people on Sunday why are there still so few TRs?

• Minion

Gee I hope I'm not the cause of the thread with all my pictures..
    ďAny sequel three or higher..... around number five they get a new cast, thatís when the magic really happens": Modern Family

• Sshhh, being very quiet

*steps up onto soap box*

My friends, I think the census is "yeah for TR's keep em coming!"

From my perspective..when I was in Washington from June until October...the TR's I saw were what kept me ALIVE. They kept me going. Which, in turn, is why I do mine. On top of the fact I LOVE taking photography and Disneyland Resort is the best place to take great photos!

I also agree with a forum just for TR's.

About TR's in general...I try to read every single thread that is labeled "Trip Report" or "Pictures" I love seeing the different points of view. I have seen things in some of these reports that I have NEVER noticed before in the 4 years I've been going to Disneyland Resort on a regular basis. And THAT, my friends, is the TRUE magic of the Trip Reports!

*steps down from soap box*

• See you there!

I read probably fewer than 10 percent of all posts on Mice Chat. I look at the subject line and decide if it will contain information I want to read.

That said, usually when I see something labled "Trip Report" I am more likley to read it. I particualrly enjoy the TR's with photos. It seems that frequently everyone has a different idea about what photos they fell are "post-worthy" and even if I only find one or two photos ( I usually see many, many more than that, I like the photos!) that makes it worth it to me.

All that said...

Keep the Trip Reports coming, the more the merrier, the more photos the better!!!

Oh, yeah, and keep the Trip Report posts in the Disneyland (Or WDW, or whatever), not a seperate forum.

Just MHO, YMMV

CU@DL

Andy
    Last edited by CUatDL; 04-04-2007 at 09:12 AM. Reason: spelling
    -
    What is, is... What is not, is not.

Boom!

I don't ask for much... Just a few little things!

Extra effort yields extraordinary results!

• Sunshine is the best!!!

Blog Entries

I look forward to seeing everyones pictures and hearing how much fun they had. I also enjoy when we (sir_clinksalot) and I have gone to DL and we post pictures. Just wait until we go to WDW this year!
    *When a friend is in trouble, don't annoy him by asking if there is anything you can do. Think up something appropriate and do it.

• Oh my Goodness!

Yes. TR's keep me going when I'm out of state or out of the country! I'm lucky enough to be close to the Mouse right now...but that is hardly ever the case. I Trip Reports....keep them coming!

• For You!

Quote Originally Posted by claribella View Post
    *steps up onto soap box*

My friends, I think the census is "yeah for TR's keep em coming!"

From my perspective..when I was in Washington from June until October...the TR's I saw were what kept me ALIVE. They kept me going. Which, in turn, is why I do mine. On top of the fact I LOVE taking photography and Disneyland Resort is the best place to take great photos!

I also agree with a forum just for TR's.

About TR's in general...I try to read every single thread that is labeled "Trip Report" or "Pictures" I love seeing the different points of view. I have seen things in some of these reports that I have NEVER noticed before in the 4 years I've been going to Disneyland Resort on a regular basis. And THAT, my friends, is the TRUE magic of the Trip Reports!

*steps down from soap box*

Bravo!!! Encore!!!!

I have to totally agree. When I'm really craving a disney fix - I can find pictures and lovely commentary and time around here!

I also like to see how people take the exact same picture as I did - just from their point of view. I've also gotten some great ideas for my picture taking!

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast