Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

Re: Too Many Trip Reports?

Quote Originally Posted by 2DieFR View Post

"Amaze me." - Eisner
    Dude, did you just quote Eisner to prove your point on MiceChat?

“In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• This space for rent

I enjoy ALL the trip reports I view/read please keep them coming. I also like the idea of a seperate forum for the TRs.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • PEZZ in the Fez

Let's just have a website called Trip Chat!
    How much do we have to pay to get MiceChat Old?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TinkPink View Post
    Dude, did you just quote Eisner to prove your point on MiceChat?

I can see the irony, but keep it in context. Eisner said "amaze me" to Imagineers working on the beginnings of a second park in Anaheim, i.e. WestCOT. Which was a pretty spectacular concept. And that was also back when Eisner's influence on the company was actually beneficial, and before the consensus opinion of him turned negative.

Well it seems that I have the minority opinion here. The majority being, "the more the merrier." I suppose then that nothing will change, but that's alright, I can live with that. Trip Reports will never be completed as long as there is film left in the camera.

The subtitle to MiceChat is "a different look at Disney." That's what I want. Keep things fresh.

You can probably tell I'm not an advocate of "post your blurry shots here!" type threads either. What is the point of sharing poor photos? Is it so we'll feel better about mediocrity? Are we praising inferiority here? I know it's supposed to be funny but I'm not laughing.

But I can say stuff like that because nobody reads threads in the "forums" category...

• Directly directed

I think blurry shots are a different look at Disney. I'm not a photographer and not all my shots come out perfectly but that's okay. I think that beauty can be found in blurry shots and I don't think that those shots or the people who are trying to show Disneyland as they see it inferior.

• Up is Down

I think the T/R are great because it is our way of sharing to everyone how our day at D-land was. If you do not like the T/R then dont read them. I do not do them to please everyone in the end. I do them because it is fun to share with those who wish to read it. Im sure they arent for everyone and hey they are not always informational but, things are not always changing extremly at Disneyland every week. The T/R's show what fun we all have with good friends.
    The earth is round.... or so i've found.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishbulb View Post
    The cool thing about the different reports is the different points of view. Lately there have been a great deal of trip reports. It always seems to happen when there is a HUGE meet like this past Sunday. SHEESH there were a lot of people.

If the Trip reports get in your way you can always sort the threads by type using the drop down menu at the bottom of the page.
    I agree! And when you get non-locals posting TRs those are always fun to both read and post. Because not all of us have the option of visiting Disneyland or any other Disney park as often.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Sparkle Plenty

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I think the T/R are great because it is our way of sharing to everyone how our day at D-land was. If you do not like the T/R then dont read them. I do not do them to please everyone in the end. I do them because it is fun to share with those who wish to read it. Im sure they arent for everyone and hey they are not always informational but, things are not always changing extremly at Disneyland every week. The T/R's show what fun we all have with good friends.
    Full agreement with you, my friend. Particularly this bit, which bears repeating:

<<The T/R's show what fun we all have with good friends.>>

Not to say, "Don't you wish you were us?" but really.... who wouldn't want to be there?!

• Up is Down

Quote Originally Posted by disneyballerina View Post
    <<The T/R's show what fun we all have with good friends.>>

Not to say, "Don't you wish you were us?" but really.... who wouldn't want to be there?!

AMEN SISTER!
    The earth is round.... or so i've found.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

You can probably tell I'm not an advocate of "post your blurry shots here!" type threads either. What is the point of sharing poor photos? Is it so we'll feel better about mediocrity? Are we praising inferiority here? I know it's supposed to be funny but I'm not laughing.

But I can say stuff like that because nobody reads threads in the "forums" category...
    I LOVED the blurry photos thread. It is a different look..a different point of view...how "fresh" can you get than that!

And to answer your question about what is the point of sharing poor photos? well...as the saying goes "one man's trash is another man's treasure". Some of the "poor" photos...can be brilliant through another person's eyes! Praising inferiority...uh no...we are praising EFFORT and it's all in good fun. No photo is inferior in my book.

Lighten up is what I want to say.

• Queen of Sarcasm

I like seeing all the TR's people post on here. I have never been to a meet nor will I probably will be going to one anytime soon. By looking at the pictures it feels as if I am there. I like seeing all the progress in the parks and seeing things from peoples perspectives.

• See you there!

... snip So just let me know if there's nothing useful in your TR, and I'll gliss over it

... snip
    Just out of curiosity, how would one let you (or anyone else) that there is nothing useful in a TR?

CU@DL

Andy
    -
    What is, is... What is not, is not.

Boom!

I don't ask for much... Just a few little things!

Extra effort yields extraordinary results!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Post Re: Too Many Trip Reports?

The mods and I have been discussing this very subject for months now. And like you, we've had some serious disagreement about what to do. We have kicked around the idea of merging trip reports from the same day - but not all reports focus on the same things. We have thought about a sub forum, but we would really need to have one for each of the parks around the world. What we ended up doing was creating the new thread types, one of which was "Trip Reports".

We do want to be very careful not to stifle the creativity of our MiceChatters. The trip reports have been getting more and more clever with each passing week. Every person's Disney Day is unique, and if they want to share, we want to be the place that they choose to post their thoughts, pictures, and videos.

For now, we are going to keep things the way they are. If people want to start an "Official Trip Reports from Sunday's Meet" thread each week, that would be SUPER. But if there are people who want to brand the trip reports to themselves and not participate in the "Official" thread, that is fine too.

One final suggestion. At the top of every thread is a drop-down for "Rating" - Please start using this. It helps others know if a thread is great and shouldn't be missed, or a rehash of previous information that probably isn't necessary.

We'll keep an eye on the situation, should we need to create a sub forum in each of the parks for trip reports, we will do so; but for now, I'd rather not make the site any more complicated than it already is.

Thank you all for your help and support!

-Dusty
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234