Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 118
  1. #46

    • Beach Expert
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after
    Posts
    10,665

    Re: O'nuts 3rd annual "how to make MiceChat a better place"

    I promise to try to not post before I have had my morning cup of coffee. I notice that is when I am most dangerous!

  2. #47

    • For old time sake
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    coming home
    Posts
    6,681

    Re: O'nuts 3rd annual "how to make MiceChat a better place"

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lightyear999 View Post
    Please stop posting thank you, cool, wow, lol, or any one word comment in a post you started and feel you must post after each new persons post in that thread. Give it a day or too, let them post and then send a general thank you or rep to them.

    This I disagree with. Do not abuse the rep system just to send a "Oh good rep for you just because." or "Rep day for you today." If you want to send a general thank you.....use the PM system...not Rep.
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!









  3. #48

    • World Traveler
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Aventura, FL
    Posts
    4,016

    Re: O'nuts 3rd annual "how to make MiceChat a better place"

    I can't wait for O-nut's photo heavy trip report to his proctologist in Reno!


  4. #49

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    3,820

    Re: O'nuts 3rd annual "how to make MiceChat a better place"

    Quote Originally Posted by Olympicnut View Post
    Another example. A thread is started “Is ToT frightening?” Elbow tumor person chimes in “Yes it’s frightening. Remember, I had a tumor in my elbow once and I rode it shortly after I was diagnosed and banged my tumored elbow against the wall and it sure hurt!”.
    You are a Gentleman and a Scholar.

  5. #50

    • Angel Fan MC Man
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Beautiful Oxnard, CA
    Posts
    24,291
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: O'nuts 3rd annual "how to make MiceChat a better place"

    Thanks for the guidelines, O-Nut. I find them to be reasonable and well thought out. I realize that I have some things to change in the things I sometimes post. I suspect that most if not all the rest of us do.

    --Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

  6. #51

    • Incognito
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    6,469
    Blog Entries
    49

    Re: O'nuts 3rd annual "how to make MiceChat a better place"

    No finger pointing Barry. Just some general guidelines of mine that people need to follow....... or else

  7. #52

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    12.5 minutes from Disneyland
    Posts
    14,009
    Blog Entries
    9

    Re: O'nuts 3rd annual "how to make MiceChat a better place"

    Okay...so far I think I'm the lone dissenter...but here goes:

    1. Hmmmm....Not sure if I agree with this one. If any of you have a tumor on your elbow...that's a pretty scary thing. Having a mole removed....meh. A tumor, on the other hand..I really would HOPE that if this person was a member of Micechat who has been around for awhile that he/she would let us know if he/she was scared. If the elbow person IS looking for sympathy, he certainly has mine. I know we have a Miceclub for this, but not all of us have access to that club. I shared some pretty heavy information a few months back not because I wanted sympathy necessarily, but because I wanted to share who my wife was with all of you. I do hope I didn't cross a line I shouldn't have, but I regard many of you as my friends. I do apologize if I shouldn't have done this, but for some reason, I felt very comfortable doing that. I guess there is just something about you people that made me want to share that with you.

    Similarly, Katrina just lost her dad, Roo lost his grandfather, several of you have lost loved ones and pets or are facing cancer...and have shared it with the rest of us. I would like to think that that's part of what makes this forum a special place to be. I've had tears in my eyes because of what some of you are dealing with. And maybe I've only seen your screen name a dozen times. But you took your time to share your story with us. That's the first step, for me, to getting to know you better.
    I'd kinda like to see more of that...not less.

    So, for me...I could do without your proctology report or how many times you farted in the past 10 minutes, or what kind of STD you received from last weekend. (Although I didn't mind learning about Disneyphile's crabs. ) But if you're dealing with something like cancer or your spouse is leaving you, or your dog died, I hope ALL of you would feel that it's OK to tell us what's going on.

    *crickets*

    Or am I totally wrong on this?


    2) Yes and no. The proctology person could probably refrain from chiming in and I wouldn't miss him too much. But I think there is a line between "It's all about me" and "I think this might add to the discussion because it happened to me." I think we all want to contribute every once and a while. And I love reading through the myriad of different opinions that we have here. Yes, sometimes it gets redundant. And sometimes people say the same thing over and over again. And some people repeat themselves. But unless the poster is trying to make the thread all about him, I think it's ok to let people state their opinion. If the thread is veering off topic, that's one thing. But I'd rather have a climate where we welcome opinions than one where we become overly self conscious about posting.

    Maybe I shouldn't have said that...


    3) Spelling. Yes. Definately.

    4) Debate forum. Yes. Except:

    a) If you have a hot political topic, the lounge might not be the place to post it.

    and

    b) I think some topics, expecially as they relate to Disney, would best be left where the majority of us can kick the idea around. i.e. Splash Mountain sucks: Discuss.

    5) Troll feeding is bad. Agreed.

    Thanks Onut! As stated above, I could live without the proctology report, but for those of us who might be dealing with cancer, or a divorce, or other weighty matters, I think there are quite a few folks around here who regard one another as good friends. And many of these good friends WANT to know when one of us is going through a hard time. I just hope that Micechat doesn't develop a climate where we're afraid to bring something up that we're dealing with.
    Last edited by Mac Daddy; 08-24-2007 at 05:50 AM.

  8. #53

    • no flash photography...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In my own little world..
    Posts
    13,287

    Re: O'nuts 3rd annual "how to make MiceChat a better place"

    Quote Originally Posted by Olympicnut View Post
    No finger pointing Barry. Just some general guidelines of mine that people need to follow....... or else
    ok...bring it on...I don't like rules, especially rules pulled out of....umm..thin air and mostly because none of the aforementioned things bother me enough to make an entire thread about it. . ...the multiple picture threads do get a bit tiresome though, but I choose not to click on them...

  9. #54

    • Incognito
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    6,469
    Blog Entries
    49

    Re: O'nuts 3rd annual "how to make MiceChat a better place"

    If you don't like "rules" (which they're not, just helpful tips) then why bother posting? Remember #6!

  10. #55

    • Angel Fan MC Man
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Beautiful Oxnard, CA
    Posts
    24,291
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: O'nuts 3rd annual "how to make MiceChat a better place"

    Quote Originally Posted by Olympicnut View Post
    No finger pointing Barry. Just some general guidelines of mine that people need to follow....... or else
    I didn't take it that way...just some thoughtful introspection into how I can make myself, and yes, everyone around me - benefit by a more meaningful and enriching MiceChat experience.

    And darn it, people like me...

    --Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

  11. #56

    • Why do you keep talking?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Here, but not here here
    Posts
    3,649

    Re: O'nuts 3rd annual "how to make MiceChat a better place"

    Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    ok...bring it on...I don't like rules, especially rules pulled out of....umm..thin air and mostly because none of the aforementioned things bother me enough to make an entire thread about it. . ...the multiple picture threads do get a bit tiresome though, but I choose not to click on them...
    "It could be that his head wasn't screwed on quite right.
    It could be, perhaps, that his shoes were to tight.
    But I think that the most likely reason of all
    May have been that his heart was two sizes too small."

    "Tonight I wash my hands of you
    You set the bar I could not live up to
    Tonight the light is breaking through
    So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
    Zebrahead

  12. #57

    • Up is Down
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    california
    Posts
    2,713

    Re: O'nuts 3rd annual "how to make MiceChat a better place"

    this thread omg is great. Just read through the whole thing Genius
    The earth is round.... or so i've found.

  13. #58

    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    22,687

    Re: O'nuts 3rd annual "how to make MiceChat a better place"

    Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    Thanks for the guidelines, O-Nut. I find them to be reasonable and well thought out. I realize that I have some things to change in the things I sometimes post. I suspect that most if not all the rest of us do.

    --Barry
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    I didn't take it that way...just some thoughtful introspection into how I can make myself, and yes, everyone around me - benefit by a more meaningful and enriching MiceChat experience.

    And darn it, people like me...

    --Barry
    Thank you Barry!!! This is the way you are supposed to take the thread. It's a fun post, with ALOT of thought.


  14. #59

    • no flash photography...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In my own little world..
    Posts
    13,287

    Re: O'nuts 3rd annual "how to make MiceChat a better place"

    Quote Originally Posted by Olympicnut View Post
    If you don't like "rules" (which they're not, just helpful tips) then why bother posting? Remember #6!
    no, I didn't get that far before I lost interest...

    why bother posting?...hmmmm, last time I checked this was a public message board that does not limit the amount of posting and in fact encourages it with diamonds and such.

    Although, I have never posted just for the sake of getting my post count high.

    We have both been here two years and have close to the same post count, so I doubt you do either...

  15. #60

    • rainy day girl
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    walking in the rain
    Posts
    8,438
    Blog Entries
    68

    Re: O'nuts 3rd annual "how to make MiceChat a better place"

    Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    no, I didn't get that far before I lost interest...
    And yet, here you are again.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •