Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

• Incognito

Blog Entries

O'nuts 3rd annual "how to make MiceChat a better place"

Yep folks, it's that time of the year for me to share with you my views on making MiceChat a better place to be. So sit back, relax, and do as I say

1) Here’s a question. What do you do when you see thread titles like “My wife and I had a fight, ideas to help me smooth things over?” “I was told I have an incurable tumor in my elbow” “My bad experience at the proctologist”.

What makes people air their issues like that on a public message board? Is the elbow tumor person looking for sympathy? Does proctology person have nothing more creative to talk about so they say “Hey I’m sore down there because of the doctors visit, I think I’ll share my experience”. Is the husband THAT sure his wife won’t find out he’s talking about their personal life on a public message board and that she wont be mad about that if she finds out?

I’m just curious because I know if I had a tumor on my elbow, the last thing I’d want is sympathy from a message board where I probably don’t know many people. Yea, I’d probably mention something in a private club, or to a few friends, but certainly not in public. Same with a bad trip to the proctologist. I mean really? Why would you do that?

So here’s O’nut tip – let’s leave those very personal issues to the private forums. And if you aren’t a gold member, let’s just leave them at home mmmmkay? Thaaaaanks.

2) Along these same lines, if you’ve had a bad experience happen to you once, there’s no need to bring it up all the time in responses to other peoples posts.

Here’s an example. Someone starts a thread asking if Cove Bar has good cocktails. Proctology person says “Yes they do, but after a bad proctology screening, sitting at those chairs really hurt!”

Another example. A thread is started “Is ToT frightening?” Elbow tumor person chimes in “Yes it’s frightening. Remember, I had a tumor in my elbow once and I rode it shortly after I was diagnosed and banged my tumored elbow against the wall and it sure hurt!”.

OK, we get it, no need to keep shoving the fact that you had a bad proctology appointment once, or that you had a tumor in your elbow, down everyones throat. We’ve moved on, it’s time you did too!

3) Spelling. Yep, it’s been said over and over again. And some don’t care if things are spelled incorrectly much, and that’s fine. I know I’m not perfect, but I try to make my posts somewhat understandable and legible.

But using the excuse that “I just type too fast is all” or “It was dark in the computer room when I was typing” may work sometimes, but not EVERY time. So, SLOW DOWN, and turn a light on. I can tell you right now, MiceChat readers would greatly appreciate it And so would Jesus

4) Are you a debater? There’s a forum for you, it’s called the “debate forum”. Use it.

5) Stop feeding the trolls! If you see someone that, basically in every response they make to someone, is nasty in nature, or looks as if they are picking a fight, ignore them. It’s tough, believe me, I know. But in the long run if these trolls are ignored, they’ll move on to another site.

For example, there’s a discussion going on about the beach. People are giving their views on how they love the beach, or how the beach isn’t their cup of tea. Then the debatorator chimes in. “Well I’m a desert lover therefore you beach people must hate me and are prejudiced against desert lovers” What?

Yea, so just ignore the debatorator and they’ll go away. They clearly need to go to the doctor mentioned in the above examples

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

Re: O'nuts 3rd annual "how to make MiceChat a better place"

I say: Hooray for this thread!

What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Here's one from me:

Titles of threads are important! Name them appropriately! If a ride has been open for some time, a brand new thread called "Nemo Subs" will probably be ignored.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tui View Post
    I say: Hooray for this thread!

I second this.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Gumball Rally Volunteer!

Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl View Post
    I second this.
    And I'd like to third it!
    Happy Anniversary, MiceChat!

• Shablagoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Demigod View Post
    And I'd like to third it!
    I fourth it!

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

Can I throw one in?

If you can, try and read the entire post before making a comment. There are a few threads out there with wrong information and the right info comes up later in the thread, but if you did not read the whole thing, you would still think the info is correct and comment on it.

• Winter in Oceanside...

...Trying to think about past posts...

1. Don't think I've given up too much personal info. But I'll try to watch it.
    2. I don't think I'm too repetitive.
    2. I don't think I'm too repetitive.
    3. Sloppy spelling, punctuation, etc., is a pet peeve of mine, so I always use spell check (thank you Firefox!)
    4. Debating gives me ulcers. Sometimes I give my 2 cents, while others like to empty out their bank accounts.
    5. I try to watch out for troll bait (or even those one or two people on here who always debate negatively - I'm avoiding answering "her" posts anymore.)

Thanks for the rules O'nut!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Yay Onut!!!

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Yay for people giving ideas - very good ones I might add too.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Be aware of your evening cocktail count before posting. Trust me on this.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• Man O Lantern

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Chaney View Post
    Be aware of your evening cocktail count before posting. Trust me on this.
    Or don't. And use backspace. A lot.

Thanks, Onut! I always enjoy your How to Improve MiceChat threads. Love you!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

Quote Originally Posted by Olympicnut View Post
    Yep folks, it's that time of the year for me to share with you my views on making MiceChat a better place to be. So sit back, relax, and do as I say
    (checks calendar) WOW! Is it really that time already! Where has the time gone? (oops, repetitive) I do look forward to this thread though!

So here’s O’nut tip – let’s leave those very personal issues to the private forums. And if you aren’t a gold member, let’s just leave them at home mmmmkay? Thaaaaanks.
    O'nut = not a salesman. Better answer: "And if you aren't a gold member (giggle giggle at "gold member") why the hell not? Pony up your $12 and support this place that you have felt the need to tell your procotologists bad elbow story along with "thanks" 3256 times! And if there isn't a club for you, (surprising if there isn't) then you can create one!"

Also forgotten...use the search feature. If it isn't working then go back at least a few pages and see if there might possibly be something there.

If you start a thread and no one replies, go ahead and give it a few little bumps now and then, but nicely - don't say "why doesn't anyone answer me?" Or other such measures.

My signature says it all -- this is a great place!!
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Think logically, not emotionally, before you post .

• Circle of Ancients

This should be required reading for all of MiceChat.

The End.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast