Thread: Picture Thread

• Addicted to MC since '08

Picture Thread

This may sound silly but... Hiw di you post a list of pictures in a thread. For example, if I was doing a TR, what would be the fastest way to get all the photos in? Any help would be appreciated!

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Re: Picture Thread

First, photos should be resized. Some hosting sites will do this, but I've heard people not having luck sometimes with the hosting site resizing so I prefer to do mine before.

Generally, posted photos should be around 400-600 pixels by the same ratio. This size is easy to see on most monitors, but doesn't eat up a ton of bandwidth when trying to load pages. Most people now days have at least DSL connections, but believe it or not a few still have dial up connections.

Once the pictures have been resized, they need to be uploaded to a site that hosts pictures and allows them to be linked to other sites. There are many free sites, these include Photobucket, Imageshack, flickr, and I think smugmug will allow linking, but smugmug is not a free site. You can also pay to have images hosted. I have photobucket, but I also have a paid site (and smugmug) I use for backup in case photobucket is being weird.

Once the pictures are uploaded, you have to use the vbulletin image code. You cannot use HTML. You copy the IMG code, paste it into the quick reply box, hit post quick reply and... there you go.

Image below shows where the code is to post on MiceChat.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Again, I may sound totally insane when I say this, but I have never worked with pictures on the internet before, or have everhad a need to resize them. Where4 can I go to resize them?

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPro View Post
    Again, I may sound totally insane when I say this, but I have never worked with pictures on the internet before, or have everhad a need to resize them. Where4 can I go to resize them?
    I just upload mine to Photobucket and then resize them there...they've made it pretty easy to do now.

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPro View Post
    Any graphic program will resize, such as Photoshop. However, those programs are expensive. I did a google search one time on resizing programs, and actually found some basic free ones online.

I didn't however keep those links..duh... I'll see what I can hunt up. I'm going to make an assumption that you have a PC.

all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Ok, Thanks, I will keep looking!

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

These are a few I found doing a quick google search. I have a Mac, and have my own program (Graphic Converter) I use, so I can't attest to how or if these work but it will give you some place to start.

http://bluefive.pair.com/pixresizer.htm

http://www.resizr.com/

http://www.vso-software.fr/products/image_resizer/

http://www.download32.com/free-pictu...er-i36778.html

The following links have several programs that you can download a demo first. If you think you are going to continue working with images, it would be a good idea to try out a few, find one that is easy to use and that you are comfortable with, and go ahead and buy it. Most are not that expensive.

http://www.filedudes.com/files/Free_Image_Resize.html

http://www.lonking.com/

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Villains Fan View Post
    I just upload mine to Photobucket and then resize them there...they've made it pretty easy to do now.
    If you can get this to work its great! It would save you tons of time and be easier. I've had some people say they have problems with the photobucket auto resize, but if if works, great! If you want more control over the image size, then you can use a resizing program.

Try both!! Get a photobucket acct, upload some pictures, and experiment! Get a resizing program and play with it! Experimenting and playing around with images is the best way to learn!

TY everyone! I did it!

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Awesomeness!! Now go forth and post!