Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Seasick

Re: Proposal For New Sub-Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Club 33 Mike View Post
    I never said I cant handle them, saying that I am is simply illogical. I choose not to read anything about Hong Kong Disneyland, and how do I do that? Thats right, I dont visit that forum. To say its impossible to do is also illogical. Its done now when threads are moved from one forum to another.
    I meant "you" as more in the general sense, as in anyone who can't handle criticism should head elsewhere.

You can keep something like HKDL in its own forum, but in a discussion of top ten Disney rides for example, it would be impossible and unworkable to insist people not include a HKDL ride in their list (an unlikely scenario if there ever was one, but I digress...).

I can't imagine having to browse separate threads in separate forums just to hear what people like and don't like about a new attraction. As has been stated, this is a discussion board. If you take away the back and forth discussion, it just becomes a series of blog-like entries.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

• 11/7/08 Fantasmic Returns

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    When someone says they loved a ride and then someone says that they hate the ride or hate the theme or whatever do you then move it to the Hate Lounge?

I know you don't like negativity but why make people go to entirely different forums because they don't happen to like a ride? This idea makes little sense to me.
    The thread would stay in the Disneyland forum because its original post was not a complaint. Its like if someone posts a thread about a ride at Disneyland, then someone mentions about a similar ride in Orlando, you wouldnt move it based on responses. The original topic of the thread would be the driving factor.

I dont know anyone that 'likes' negativity, that would be kind of odd. I appreciate everyones views, I just think that posts complaing about a wire on a ride thats visible, or someone pannicking because someone in Disneyland is drinking from a yellow cup, should have the appropriate area to register their complaints just like they do at the parks.
    ....You think your so powerful? Well this is my dream....

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

The thread would stay in the Disneyland forum because its original post was not a complaint. Its like if someone posts a thread about a ride at Disneyland, then someone mentions about a similar ride in Orlando, you wouldnt move it based on responses. The original topic of the thread would be the driving factor.

I dont know anyone that 'likes' negativity, that would be kind of odd. I appreciate everyones views, I just think that posts complaing about a wire on a ride thats visible, or someone pannicking because someone in Disneyland is drinking from a yellow cup, should have the appropriate area to register their complaints just like they do at the parks.
    So would you propose that complaints can ONLY be submitted to the city hall. Could someone post this idea in a thread in the Disneyland forum or only the City hall? Would the City Hall only be for complaints, complaint threads or all posts that are of that nature?

• Miss Marvel

I find the statement that you appreciate everyone's views inconsistent with your posts, as I am one of your most recent victims of personal attacks based on my viewpoints.

Regardless.... I vote no. I like diversity. I like to offer my opinion, and see what everyone else thinks. Other people may not like that, but then write a blog; don't post on and read a message board.

Perhaps it's time for you to put down the keyboard and walk away? (Your words, not mine.)
    "If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see? " - Alice

"If his brain's ran down, how can he talk?" - Jack Pumpkinhead
    "It happens to people all the time, Jack." - Dorothy

"It seems the words on my mug are right: 'It is hard to soar with Eagles when you work with Turkeys.'" - Sam the Eagle

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Its an exact replica of what Disney has done, give people once central point to submit their complaints, I.E. City Hall. It seems to work extremely well for them.
    City Hall is also where you put cat member compliments It's good for the positive and the negative - just like each park forum is
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12