Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• 11/7/08 Fantasmic Returns

Proposal For New Sub-Forum

Under each parks forum or possibly even its own forum:

City Hall-

Would be the place for everyone to lodge their complaints about the names Disney chooses for ride, gaps in show, CM wearing sunglasses or backpacks, etc. The main Disneyland forum is getting so bad with all the petty little complaints, you would mistake it for Knott's Berry Farm or Six Flags. Without knowing actual site stats, I am sure there are a lot of site visitors that visit the site looking for general info about lots of stuff for a trip their planing. They are most likely not the over the top hard core fans like some on this site that think if the paint on a building is chipped, the entire park should be closed to fix it.

These visitors, as wel as members should have the chance to only read through the complaints if they choose too. Think of it like the editorial page in the newspaper, you can either read it, or not.
    ....You think your so powerful? Well this is my dream....

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Re: Proposal For New Sub-Forum

So you don't like people discussing what they don't like about Disneyland so we should create a whole new forum? If there is a vote I'll say nay.

• Minion

Blog Entries

I like the idea, push it all to one place and leave the Disneyland forum open for positive comments.

I say YES!

• Seasick

Bad idea. Any given topic in any given section will contain praise as well as complaining. It would be impossible (and illogical) to try and keep a discussion board forum exclusively positive.

If you can't handle critical opinions, a discussion board is not the place for you.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

• Minion

Blog Entries

that's understandable, but then you get threads that are ALL about negative crap. put those in their own forums where negative people can sit and be negative.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by krystledm View Post
    that's understandable, but then you get threads that are ALL about negative crap. put those in their own forums where negative people can sit and be negative.
    That totally defeats the purpose of a chat board. I find it refreshing when people are able to discuss what they like and don't like about something. Some thread are half positive, half negative - what do you do with those?

Some people are negative most of the time, if it's that big of a deal you can just block their chat and not subject some of us who like dialogue to have to decide what forum to go to.

• formerly PretzelSouls!

I vote YES.
    Give the negative comments a place of their own and leave the positive to the Disneyland forums.

*EDIT* I thought about it and I changed my mind - I'm going to go with a NO.
    Last edited by MsSarah; 06-23-2008 at 11:08 AM. Reason: I changed my mind...
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

I'd rather just have a trip report forum. People are rarely negative in those and then everyone who gets miffed by a word of criticism can just enjoy the wonderful character photos and never have to witness a bad thought again.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    I'd rather just have a trip report forum. People are rarely negative in those and then everyone who gets miffed by a word of criticism can just enjoy the wonderful character photos and never have to witness a bad thought again.
    Amen to that, and a respectful "nay" to the idea originally proposed. A noble idea, yes but impractical and unworkable in the final analysis.

-- Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Oooo I like the Trip Report idea....
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

Its an exact replica of what Disney has done, give people once central point to submit their complaints, I.E. City Hall. It seems to work extremely well for them.

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    So you don't like people discussing what they don't like about Disneyland so we should create a whole new forum? If there is a vote I'll say nay.
    Perhaps you can enlighten me as to exactly where I said people shouldnt have the ability to discuss things? I am at a loss to find that.

Quote Originally Posted by BC_DisneyGeek View Post
    Bad idea. Any given topic in any given section will contain praise as well as complaining. It would be impossible (and illogical) to try and keep a discussion board forum exclusively positive.

If you can't handle critical opinions, a discussion board is not the place for you.
    I never said I cant handle them, saying that I am is simply illogical. I choose not to read anything about Hong Kong Disneyland, and how do I do that? Thats right, I dont visit that forum. To say its impossible to do is also illogical. Its done now when threads are moved from one forum to another.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by Club 33 Mike View Post
    Perhaps you can enlighten me as to exactly where I said people shouldnt have the ability to discuss things? I am at a loss to find that.
    When someone says they loved a ride and then someone says that they hate the ride or hate the theme or whatever do you then move it to the Hate Lounge?

I know you don't like negativity but why make people go to entirely different forums because they don't happen to like a ride? This idea makes little sense to me.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Its an exact replica of what Disney has done, give people once central point to submit their complaints, I.E. City Hall. It seems to work extremely well for them.
    Disneyland is a theme park. This is a message board. Apple and oranges.

You did not say that, but you proposed to have ideas and comments you disagree with quarantined so as not hamper your ideal of the Disneyland forum. A more subtle move that has the same essential motive: remove the undesirable content from the Disneyland forum.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast