Page 67 of 134 FirstFirst ... 174257646566676869707792117 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 2007

• Grim Grinning

Re: RCMC #123:Chit-Chat, Blab and Spiel.. No matter how you put it we like to talk!

Quote Originally Posted by micromind View Post
    Hey there, Amanda!

How are you this evening....other than tired from work, etc.

Lol.

I'm taking Tue and Wed off, working Thu and Fri.

Wed, me, my oldest son and his wife are going to the title company to sign papers to sell them one of my rental houses.

This has been a long time coming, but a lot of stuff fell into place, and it looks like it'll all work out.

In July of 2008, they were married (at DL), and they moved into the house. We had a 'gentlemans agreement' that all rent money would go toward the down payment. Sort of a lease-option. In 2011, I turned 55, and was able to cash in one of my pensions. In early 2012, I paid off the mortgage on the house. We waited until December to actually sell it, mainly because the rent was in reality, an interest-free loan.

I absolutely have to close escrow this year though, or I'll get hit with a LOT of taxes.

I got two appraisals on the house, one for what it's worth now and the other for what it was worth in 2005, when my wife passed away. There was a lot of difference between them, so I can claim a huge loss on the sale, which will offset the income of the pension. Thus the tax savings.

It's been a long time coming, but it's almost done now.
    Didn't have work today, so that's a plus. I got a ton of baking done for tomorrow. Made egg nog bourbon bread pudding and I have peppermint meringues in the oven now since I had 13 egg whites left over from the bread pudding and creme anglaise sauce to go with it. Once the meringues are out, I have to shower; the kitchen is mighty warm and I've been in it for about 7 hours.

That's awesome about the house too! Wish we had something like that so I could get the heck outta the house.

• world class bilge rat

Re: RCMC #123:Chit-Chat, Blab and Spiel.. No matter how you put it we like to talk!

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleman View Post
    Rob you have to work today!
    Sound like a very busy day long with the close escrow of one your house...
    Hope All Work Out!

I have all week off to Jan.2
    Jim
    Not today, I actually have 5 days off. Very rare for me......

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    do u even know what ur asking their pengy?? are you sure?? lol
    Notice I said... "some..."

Quote Originally Posted by Hayley B View Post
    oh and theres been some flurries in the State of Delaware for the past few hours now.
    pft... you and my daughter can have the snow!

awww... kitty!

Quote Originally Posted by amanda.collishaw View Post
    Awww! Kitties!! I'm watching Too Cute, so I'm on kittle overload.
    I watched a few minutes of one of those today.

There a guy down the street makeing SNOW for the kids around here to play in......
    Whoa! Thats crazy!

Well I tried to goto bed. But then the electric went out and now I want to watch It's a Wonderful Life.
    I want to watch it too! I watched White Christmas this year but haven't seen that. I thought I could watch it on Netflix since I still have daughters Wii and can get to her Netflix but she said they don't have it on the instant watch thing...

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    Just got home from dinner at my parents house. They got a new dog from the shelter yesterday - they were there to donate food, litter, and toys, and decided to take a stroll to see the animals. They said they heard this dog, whom they've named "Beau", crying his lungs out. They brought him home and cleaned him up - his hair was so matted they had to shave him, and he was covered in ticks. He's so skinny... But he instantly got along with my parents other 3 dogs, and he was great with our 2 labs, and he's soooo sweet... It's like he knows how lucky he is. I'll tell you what, being one of my parents' dogs is a NICE life!!

It was pretty chaotic with their 4 dogs plus our 2 labs in the house, but since it's just my parents, my husband, and I, it made it feel like a giant family gathering!! Haha
    Aww... thats so cool that they gave him a furever home right before Christmas!

Aww that's awesome Kelly! We stopped going to shelters and things like that because we'd always end up bringing someone home. We've got 6 cats and 2 dogs. I think the parents will flip if we bring anything else home.
    I know... I have a lot of animal/shelter pages on FB... and its hard to look at them sometimes.... and the ASPCA commercials on tv...

Hey there, Amanda!

How are you this evening....other than tired from work, etc.

Lol.

I'm taking Tue and Wed off, working Thu and Fri.

Wed, me, my oldest son and his wife are going to the title company to sign papers to sell them one of my rental houses.

This has been a long time coming, but a lot of stuff fell into place, and it looks like it'll all work out.

In July of 2008, they were married (at DL), and they moved into the house. We had a 'gentlemans agreement' that all rent money would go toward the down payment. Sort of a lease-option. In 2011, I turned 55, and was able to cash in one of my pensions. In early 2012, I paid off the mortgage on the house. We waited until December to actually sell it, mainly because the rent was in reality, an interest-free loan.

I absolutely have to close escrow this year though, or I'll get hit with a LOT of taxes.

I got two appraisals on the house, one for what it's worth now and the other for what it was worth in 2005, when my wife passed away. There was a lot of difference between them, so I can claim a huge loss on the sale, which will offset the income of the pension. Thus the tax savings.

It's been a long time coming, but it's almost done now.
    How cool! Glad everything is falling into place on that!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Grim Grinning

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    I know... I have a lot of animal/shelter pages on FB... and its hard to look at them sometimes.... and the ASPCA commercials on tv...
    I've got one that's in like North Dakota or something like that & I keep telling mom we're lucky it's clear across the country or we'd need a bigger house. The ASPCA commercials have been relentless today. Every time one came on, I went and hugged my kitty. The tiger ones get me more.

• world class bilge rat

Didn't have work today, so that's a plus. I got a ton of baking done for tomorrow. Made egg nog bourbon bread pudding and I have peppermint meringues in the oven now since I had 13 egg whites left over from the bread pudding and creme anglaise sauce to go with it. Once the meringues are out, I have to shower; the kitchen is mighty warm and I've been in it for about 7 hours.
    Yep, there's a big difference between working at a job and working for free and doing what you love.

7 hours at a job is a long time; 7 hours cooking stuff at home seems like just a few minutes.....

Lol.

• Grim Grinning

Yep, there's a big difference between working at a job and working for free and doing what you love.

7 hours at a job is a long time; 7 hours cooking stuff at home seems like just a few minutes.....

Lol.
    Yup, too bad I'm not getting paid for anything I made today because boy I could make a nice penny off the bread pudding alone.

• Lord of the Sky

Blog Entries

again MERRY CHRISTMAS Everone

Iam off to watch Geore C Ssott movie A Chistmas Carol

then Bed...Good Night
    Jim
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

• world class bilge rat

See ya later, Jim!

• world class bilge rat

Yup, too bad I'm not getting paid for anything I made today because boy I could make a nice penny off the bread pudding alone.
    Bread pudding sounds yummy!!!

• Grim Grinning

It's very yummy! (side note, I originally typed that out as rummy by accident... or was it? Hmm) It's the recipe I used when I was in school, but now that I'm making it at home, I can put more than a teaspoon of alcohol in it haha.

• Grim Grinning

And now that meringues are done, it's shower time in Amanda Town. Mmmm comfy pajamas calling me!

• world class bilge rat

Ok, it's getting late again; time for beddy-bye....

See y'all later.

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

I've got one that's in like North Dakota or something like that & I keep telling mom we're lucky it's clear across the country or we'd need a bigger house. The ASPCA commercials have been relentless today. Every time one came on, I went and hugged my kitty. The tiger ones get me more.
    Yes the pages I have "liked" are all from shelters on the east coast for the most part... I have done a chip in a couple of times for animals that needed medical help...

Umm... bread pudding... I bet yours is killer!

again MERRY CHRISTMAS Everone

Iam off to watch Geore C Ssott movie A Chistmas Carol

then Bed...Good Night
    Jim
    Merry Christmas Jim!! Rest well!

And now that meringues are done, it's shower time in Amanda Town. Mmmm comfy pajamas calling me!
    Ha! I already did my shower and jammies!

all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Goofy

hi room. good to hear you all are having a nice wonderful christmas eve day. i am feeling fulled from christmas dinner. i had hot chocholate, 3 times, and 4 tamales, ham and egg salad so good. my newphew and nices who are just vey littled kids visisted us at our home today. it was a nice christmas eve evening at home with the family. tomorrow opening presents.

the rest of the night i will watch the mass on tv and listening to kost 103.5 christmas music. i dont want christmas to end lol.

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Hey Rex! Glad you had a good day! Sounds like a lot of good food and wonderful people to be around!

Well I'm going to nanner on out. I'll try to peek in before I head to work in the morning!