http://modernsenior.net/ I found this on a Senior Website, and thought it would make for interesting reading for us MiceChatters who are a bit older than most of you.
THE PERKS OF BEING OVER 50
Contributed by James Kelly
- Kidnappers are not very interested in you.
- In a hostage situation, you are likely to be released first.
- People call at 8 PM and ask, "Did I wake you?"
- No one expects you to run into a burning building.
- Peope no longer view you as a hypochondriac.
- There's nothing left to learn the hard way.
- Things you buy now won't wear out.
- You can eat dinner at 4 p.m.
- You can live without sex, but not without glasses.
- You enjoy hearing about other people's operations.
- You get into a heated argument about pension plans.
- You have a party and the neighbors don't even realize it.
- You no longer think of speed limits as a challenge.
- You quit trying to hold your stomach in, no matter who walks into the room.
- Your eyes won't get much worse.
- Your investment in health insurance is finally beginning to pay off.
- Your joints are more accurate in predicting rain than the National Weather Service.
- Your secrets are safe with your friends, because they can't remember them either.
- Your supply of brain cells is finally down to a manageable size.
- You won't remember where you saw this.
- I don't remember where I published this.