• Queen of Randomness

So what's with this town?

Every village, town, and city are unique. So let's hear what makes a city special like something that happens annually, known sites, monuments or buildings, an activity you can do there or an historical incident. It can be a place you have lived, visited or just read about. Let's get to sharing!

Let's do it in a game like fashion with taking turns and each post containing one location.

Welcome to my blog!
    A Photographed Life
    12/28: Copperopolis, California

• Never give in.

Re: So what's with this town?

One of my favorite local places to visit is Washington D.C.
    As a lot of people know, each year at the peak of spring we have the Cherry Blossom Festival. It is also the nations capital so that makes it special too. I enjoy sightseeing if it's walking around or just riding in the car. My favorite monument that I see most frequently is the Lincoln Memorial. The only one I have been up close to is the Washington Monument. There are great shops and beautiful parks to top it all off!

Is that good?
    ♥ "Don't care about all the pain in front of me
    'Cause I'm just trying to be happy." ♥

• Queen of Randomness

Quote Originally Posted by PiG_GuRl View Post
    Is that good?
    That's perfect!

Telluride, Colorado
    I visited there this summer. It's known to be the up and coming Aspen. Like many cities in Colorado it started out as a mining town but it is far from that now. There is a historical district filled with shops and restaurants that visitors stroll through. In the winter months it is known for it's ski resort. Notable part time residents include Tom Cruise.

Welcome to my blog!
    A Photographed Life

• Never give in.

Pigeon Forge, Tennesee

I'll start out by saying I LOVE this place. There are so many great things to do! I enjoy going to Dollywood the most. The mountains are probably the most beautiful thing about it. They also have gorgeous log cabin homes. They are one of the few places that still use trolleys.
    ♥ "Don't care about all the pain in front of me
    'Cause I'm just trying to be happy." ♥

• Bionic Village Babe/RCMC

Charlottesville, Virginia
    Home of Thomas Jefferson's house, Monticello. I enjoy the tours there. Every fall there's a festival atop the local mountain, Carter's Mountain. You can pick your own apples, pumpkins and get fresh baked apple donuts! Take hay rides around the entire mountain top and have a breathtaking view of most of Charlottesville the entire time!

Bionic Village Babe of the RCMC
    "Wisdom is knowing what you don't know" - Socrates

• Queen of Randomness

Victoria, British Columbia
    Victoria is the capital of British Columbia located on Vancover Island. One of my favorite buildings in the world is located there, the British Columbia Parliament Building and along with the beautiful Empress Hotel. Next to Parliament is the Royal British Columbia Museum. This is by far my favorite museum with some of the most interesting displays. One of the displays is a walk through replica of early 20th century Victoia with a silent movie theatre and train station.

Parliament Building

Welcome to my blog!
    A Photographed Life

• Rather Be At Disneyland

San Diego, California
    Not only is this city rich with California history, being called the Birthplace of California, but it's idyllic weather and many beaches attracts vacationers from all around. It also is home to the World Famous San Diego Zoo and Wild Animal Park, as well as Sea World. It's a great vacation destination for Families, friends, and everyone in between.

• Queen of Randomness

Jackson, Wyoming
    Jackson is located outside the entrance of the Grand Teton National Park. In the center of things is a town square surrounded with stores and what not for the tourists. Not too far off is one of the countries largest ski resort. It's in the midst of beautiful mountains and has a great deal of wildlife including moose.

Welcome to my blog!
    A Photographed Life

• Oo-de-lally

Solvang, California

Solvang is the Danish capital of the USA. The town is up in the hills about 30 minuets from Santa Barbara. The town features authentic Danish Bakeries,
    Danish smorgasbord restaurants, Danish style architecture (like wind mills on the buildings) and much more. They have horse drawn carriage rides. Theme shops that include Danish style toys, a joke shop, etc. They have an ostrich farm where you can see and feed live ostrich. There is an old mission there that you can tour. It is the Santa Ines mission. Founded in 1804 it is a beautiful place. Also all around the city is tons of Winery’s. If you seen the movie Sideways then you have seen a lot of the different winery’s and scenery that is in and around the city of Solvang. There is also a camp ground about 10 minuets away from Solvang called Cachuma Lake. I have been camping there with my family since I was 4 years old. It is also a great place. It has a beautiful lake where you can fish. I love going up there. Solvang is defiantly a great place to take a quick vacation to get away from the big crowded city.
    Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally
    Golly, what a day

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Redlands, Ca.

It was where the movie business was centered pre-Hollywood. With a giant university and being the "cool town" at the base of the hill it's a little bit of fun.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Newport Beach, California

I know it sounds all snobbish and everything. But it got its name in the 1870s when the McFadden brothers from Santa Ana established literally a "new port" for shipping goods between San Diego and Los Angeles. As far as us Disney Geeks are concerned, Harbor Blvd is so-named because you can take it all the way down to Newport Harbor (well technically you have to go right at Newport Blvd). Also, Newport Beach is home to the Jack Wrather designed Balboa Bay Club. Jack Wrather is the same guy who built and designed the Disneyland Hotel. Finally, Roger's Gardens has the original Disneyland gazebo.

• Queen of Randomness

Estes Park, Colorado
    Estes Park stands at the entrance of Rocky Mountain National Park. A notable building is the Stanley Hotel. It inspired Stephen King's The Overlook Hotel in The Shining and filming took place there for the miniseries of the same name along with being the hotel in Aspen in Dumb and Dumber.

Welcome to my blog!
    A Photographed Life