•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Christmas Random

Christmas is just three weeks away, and surely you are preparing for it, dreading it, enjoying it, ignoring it, celebrating it, shopping for it.

You get the point.

The purpose of this thread is Christmas. Any, and all things Christmas.

Let's discuss it, show pictures, ask questions, give suggestions.

Let the Christmas Random begin.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Re: Christmas Random

If you have small children in the house, I would advise 'hanging the stockings by the chimney with care' on Christmas Eve as opposed to a month early with the rest of your Christmas decor - because if might look pretty. My son is pretty enamoured with the ones my folks put up.....and rightly so - but he's always getting yelled at for touching them. I've already requested that my Dad remove them until Christmas Eve - but my request has gone unheard......luckily, he's not touching them every moment - but every once in a while, he walks up just to touch them. As well, my nephew who is a year old than my son has also been enamoured by them.......

Not sure why my Dad did this....but whatever.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Christmas Wrapping Paper:

For years my wife and I always like getting fancy wrapping paper, but it can be quite pricey at times....and for little kids, well - they just don't understand it. So, we save the pricier stuff for adults.

For children - because there are a lot in our family, we go to Dollar Tree or some sort of bargain store and buy rolls of Disney Christmas Wrapping Paper or some Christmas Wrap that kids will like - and it's only a dollar a roll.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I used to always buy the flat wrap, because it was cheaper. Now that is harder to find. I haven't bought any wrapping paper yet, this Christmas. I am not going to buy any, until I use up what I have left from last year. Most of that is on rolls. I don't have that many presents to wrap this year.

When I was a child, Santa, and my parents never wrapped anything. The gifts were under the tree instead, unwrapped. It was still magical. We were still excited to have new toys on Christmas morning.

Some of the only pictures that I have of my dad, and my siblings were taken on Christmas.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

My Christmas tree is tiny. Post a photo of yours.

I am doing some holiday decorating today. I also need to find my Christmas music. In the past, I have already started listening, by this point in December.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

This is our tree from last year or the year before... I'm not sure... All of the ornaments are at least 40 years old or more. Still don't have one up yet this year...

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I miss the large trees that I used to have in my first house. In fact, I miss having a real tree, even with the mess that it entailed. However, I must admit that it is indeed easier decorating now. I have given away all of the large ornaments that i used to have. Now I have a few sentimental ornaments, some handmade ones, and many many small store bought ones. Most of the ornaments on my tree are Santa ones. I love Santa. He is all over my house decorations.

Lovely tree Penguin.