Re: The RCMC: The Indecisive Llama says Quack

aww sorry to hear that Barry!
    :¨·.·¨:
    `·.Michelle

╰⊰⊹⊹⊱╮
    () ()
    (. .)
    ( , , )

.:Was MichelleCutie on VMK and now MeShellMyBelle:.
    The Random Lady in Waiting

• Minion

I will definetly be there on the Sunday if nothing changes. I would love to be there for the Saturday one but that's probably not going to happen because gas ain't cheap. I'm looking forward to meeting my7dwarves, Lolo, Ccc, stitchon and everyone else on here whose going to the meet.

Now back to the season premiere of the new season of The Biggest Loser. Just from the start I can tell you this is going to be another season filled with tears
    Follow me on Twitter for live updates & pictures from the park:

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Disneylander36011 View Post
    aww sorry to hear that Barry!
    Thanks, Michelle.

He was one of those guys you could always approach - he'd always be there if I needed advice, or if I just wanted to talk baseball. I'm looking for some pictures I had taken with him, at Angel Stadium.

I don't know if they are revealing exact cause of death, but he did have a brain tumor that caused him to miss some games in '08.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    I don't know if they are revealing exact cause of death, but he did have a brain tumor that caused him to miss some games in '08.
    They said he had a heart attack in his sleep.

The Angels have been dealing with quite a lot in the organization from the tragic death of Adenhart to our offseason and now to this.

R.I.P. Rory Marcas
    Follow me on Twitter for live updates & pictures from the park:

• sleepy lagoon

So sorry to hear about the loss of your friend, Barry...

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by coopercaseycody View Post
    My husband has had a bone spur in his shoulder for almost 20 years! And speaking of surgeries, my daddy is having his other hip replaced. I kid him that he is going to become the bionic man!

Oh, and hi everyone! How are my lovely randomites tonight?
    20 years!? Wow! I've had mine for about 4 or 5 years I think. But this time the cortisone shot didn't help. But I'm thinking the pain might be more from the torn rotator cuff than the bone spur but as long as they are going to do surgery they might as well fix both.

So...Who's going to the anniversary? Maybe we should get a roster going and coordinate stuff.
    I was thinking that whoever starts the next thread to do a poll so we could at least get a rough head count!

Maybe have choices for Sat. only, Sun only or both days.

Quote Originally Posted by stitchon View Post
    I think we should wait for the main events schedule to be released before we coordinate anything. Don't want to overlap.
    We should have everything finalized pretty soon.

I hope to make it. But probably only on Sunday.
    One day is better than no day!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    Don't forget. I need to exchange phone numbers with some of you so we can talk by cell phone at key times. I can't be there in person, but I'd love to be able to talk to some of you and share in your excitement.
    I think I should have your number in my phone. I just need to make sure I have the right one.

I just found out some sad news.

Rory Markas, the lead radio and TV announcer for the Angels, as well as working USC basketball and FOX 11 news some mornings during the baseball off-season...has been found dead at his home. He was only 54 years old.

I knew Rory at least a little bit better than an acquaintance. He helped me when I first starting working part time at KNX radio, and we shared some meals together in the Angel Stadium press box before games.

Very sad news.
    Awe... I'm sorry to hear that Barry. So sad when someone goes so unexpectedly.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by disneyDragon923 View Post
    They said he had a heart attack in his sleep.

The Angels have been dealing with quite a lot in the organization from the tragic death of Adenhart to our offseason and now to this.

R.I.P. Rory Marcas
    Unfortunately, looking back in my files I don't have a pic of Rory Markas and myself.

I did snap this one of Rory, on the left, with Terry Smith his radio partner, in the press box dining room one day.

He coined the phrase "just another Halo victory" to end winning games starting back in the '02 season.

Just another Halo victory, indeed, Rory Markas.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Wait, what?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    And I, while living under my mushroom, didn't know anything about it until I happened to check on FaceBook and see Alec's message about it from YESTERDAY!

Thank heavens its over... but it freaks me out that some loon might try something else like that again someday.

Or worse...
    The thing that bothers me is that whoever it was seems to be a micechatter.

I just found out some sad news.

Rory Markas, the lead radio and TV announcer for the Angels, as well as working USC basketball and FOX 11 news some mornings during the baseball off-season...has been found dead at his home. He was only 54 years old.

I knew Rory at least a little bit better than an acquaintance. He helped me when I first starting working part time at KNX radio, and we shared some meals together in the Angel Stadium press box before games.

Very sad news.
    It's weird, last night I had a dream were it was the end of a baseball season (no specific team) and after the last game the announcer came down from his box, to announce his retirement, and then soon thereafter died.

I originally just skimmed your post,
    I am sorry to hear that you have lost someone that you hold close.
    Last edited by DarthDucky; 01-05-2010 at 08:57 PM.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DarthDucky View Post
    The thing that bothers me is that whoever it was seems to be a micechatter.
    Thats what bothers me too. I wish to heck we could find out exactly who it really was that did it. There aren't that many posters with 10,000+ posts on the site...
    It's weird, last night I had a dream were it was the end of a baseball season (no specific team) and after the last game the announcer came down from his box, to announce his retirement, and then soon thereafter died.
    Freaky!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Future Skipper

I'm really sorry, Barry.
    One of my friends passed away prematurely, too, just a few weeks ago. He was a fellow Disney addict, had one of the best pin collections I've seen, and was a great guy.

• Just Call Me Kiti

Sooo I got to the DMV 40 minutes before my appointment to take the permit test. They were two people from calling my number and you know what happens? Their computer system freaking shuts down on them. First they say that it'll probably take them about 10 minutes, then 30, then "we won't be able to get it running today. Sorry, you're going to have to either come back and wait in line or make another appointment. The next appointment day is Jan. 21st." sadklgusdfhkjadfskjhaskjldfhkjds Stinking DMV didn't even care that I had an appointment for TODAY. So now I'm going back tomorrow to wait in a line and hopefully their computers won't die on them again..-sigh-
    Sing like no one is Listening
    Dance like no one is Watching
    Smile like you're at Disneyland
    Live like there is no Tomorrow
    The End

Star light, Star bright, first star I see tonight. I wish I may, I wish I might, have the wish that I wish tonight. I'll make a wish and do as Dreamers do. And all our wishes will come true. <3

It's a nice day when you wake up in Disneyland...
    <3

• Sha-lalalalala my oh my

I am sorry to hear that Barry. His family and friends are in my prayers..

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

All of the kind thoughts are appreciated, and I'm sure that the Markas family would appreciate them as well.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by animekiti4christ View Post
    Sooo I got to the DMV 40 minutes before my appointment to take the permit test. They were two people from calling my number and you know what happens? Their computer system freaking shuts down on them. First they say that it'll probably take them about 10 minutes, then 30, then "we won't be able to get it running today. Sorry, you're going to have to either come back and wait in line or make another appointment. The next appointment day is Jan. 21st." sadklgusdfhkjadfskjhaskjldfhkjds Stinking DMV didn't even care that I had an appointment for TODAY. So now I'm going back tomorrow to wait in a line and hopefully their computers won't die on them again..-sigh-
    Welcome to the wonderful world of driving, and dealing with the DMV! Join the club!