Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

• Future Cast Member

re: The Disney topic of the day is:

Haha, what a coincidence! I'm wearing my Tinkerbell Cast Member Sweatshirt.

I don't really like Tinkerbell, either, anymore. She's marketed a bit too much, but the marketed character is completely different. I fear they've done and are doing to her what they did to Mickey, taking out the attitude and personality and just using the character for marketing.

• Only the Lonely

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ♥Chessur♥ View Post
    Haha, what a coincidence! I'm wearing my Tinkerbell Cast Member Sweatshirt.

I don't really like Tinkerbell, either, anymore. She's marketed a bit too much, but the marketed character is completely different. I fear they've done and are doing to her what they did to Mickey, taking out the attitude and personality and just using the character for marketing.
    Thank you!!! well said..

I hope though that when everything is said and done..Tinkerbell will go back to being a minor character..
    "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

That's a very good point. When I was at Disney World, there were a lot of little girls standing in line waiting to see Tinker Bell. They had seen the new movie, and they wanted the autograph and photo with Tinker Bell, and the other Pixies, or are they Fairies?
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I grew up watching Tinker Bell open up the television show Walt Disney had in the 1950's. I wish that I could find a larger photo of that

Pop Century Resort

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

The Disney word of the day is Matterhorn.

I remember the first time that I got a close look at the Matterhorn. It was on the 50th Anniversary day at Disneyland. I was too chicken to ride the ride, and I still haven't done that to this day. I always take a lot of photos of the Matterhorn. I remember the day that I stood and took a lot of photos of Mickey on top of the mountain. That might have been the following year in 2006. I love the beauty of this mountain. I have never been able to successfully photograph it at night, but it is really beautiful.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 02-24-2010 at 05:28 AM.
    Pop Century Resort

• Circle of Ancients

I think the Matterhorn is beautiful as well, but I have noticed it is the only mountain you can see from other places in the park.. to me, this angle loses a little of the Disney magic.

Other than that, I think it is great
    Angels Fan, born and raised.
    Come on you Galaxy.

• Ex-Marvel stockholder

Blog Entries

On my son's first trip to Disneyland last year, he was just tall enough to ride the Matterhorn. He was three and it was his first coaster and he couldn't get enough of it...We rode it, at least, 20 times on that three day trip trip, alternating between sides.

Apparently there is nothing that cannot happen today. - Mark Twain
    The Adventures of the Gonzo Family and the Diminishing Bank Account
    The Adventures of the Gonzo Family and the Temple of the Defaulted Loan

Shameless plug: I have a Band and You can buy our music at
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/zom...er/id514847110

• Hukuna Matata!

Whoops Im a day behind

• Hukuna Matata!

Matterhorn, I love the Matterhorn, I love the ride and I used to love watching hans and otto climb it on the Hojowebcam, then they were gone, I love that against peoples thoughts Walt still made it and it worked out great, VVVVV and I love this tinkerbell that flyies from the Matterhorn across the castle

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

A three year old brave enough to ride the Matterhorn. That is really something. I just can't force myself on that ride. Perhaps it is because I do a lot of touring at the park by myself. I remember the day that I was a the park with my grandson, and 6 other people, we all rode BTMRR together. Perhaps I need to do that with the Matterhorn.

Walt Disney put a lot of great things into Disneyland. The Matterhorn is one of them. It is indeed amazing the way Tinker Bell makes that flight from the Matterhorn across the sky in front of the castle, the same way it was shown all those years ago on the Wonderful World of Color.
    Pop Century Resort

• Only the Lonely

Blog Entries

Cool re: The Disney topic of the day is:

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    A three year old brave enough to ride the Matterhorn. That is really something. I just can't force myself on that ride. Perhaps it is because I do a lot of touring at the park by myself. I remember the day that I was a the park with my grandson, and 6 other people, we all rode BTMRR together. Perhaps I need to do that with the Matterhorn.

Walt Disney put a lot of great things into Disneyland. The Matterhorn is one of them. It is indeed amazing the way Tinker Bell makes that flight from the Matterhorn across the sky in front of the castle, the same way it was shown all those years ago on the Wonderful World of Color.
    That's nothing I remember my then 3year nephew going on btmrr and he loved it it was the most precious memory I have of him riding his "first" rollercoaster

Matterhorn is special to me because it is unique to disneyland and is the only ride the other pars don't and I assume will never have
    "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Some kids have no fear. I wish that I had gone to Disneyland earlier in my life. I bet that it was really cool riding the sky way through the Matterhorn.
    Pop Century Resort

• Ex-Marvel stockholder

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    A three year old brave enough to ride the Matterhorn. That is really something.
    Yeah, this child is a thrill ride junkie already. He was really disappointed that he couldn't ride Splash Mountain and Big thunder, and right now he's about a quarter of an inch short, so, it looks like he may have to wait another year for satisfaction. I imagine many more rides on the Matterhorn on the next visit.

Apparently there is nothing that cannot happen today. - Mark Twain
    The Adventures of the Gonzo Family and the Diminishing Bank Account
    The Adventures of the Gonzo Family and the Temple of the Defaulted Loan

Shameless plug: I have a Band and You can buy our music at
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/zom...er/id514847110

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I have a niece who's daughter is tall for her age. She is also very brave. When she goes to amusement parks, and theme parks, she rides everything. She has been to Disneyland, so I am almost 100% positive that she rode the Matterhorn at a young age.

Some of us are fearless when we are young. Me, on the other hand, I wasn't like that at all. I was the one on the ground waiting while the others braved the rides. I'm getting a little bit braver in my old age.
    Pop Century Resort

• Popular Princess

Re: The Disney topic of the day is:

I don't know why, but for some reason, my mom and I always ride the Tomorrowland side of the Matterhorn. We rarely ever ride the Fantasyland side. In fact, I honestly cannot remember the last time I rode the Fantasyland side.

My favorite thing about riding the Matterhorn is the view it provides. It's beautiful! Sure, it's a little hard to take in since you're moving kind of fast, but what you do take in is great!

It is definitely a no-miss ride for me!
    I'd rather be at Disneyland

Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast