Page 11 of 134 FirstFirst ... 891011121314213661111 ... LastLast

• we jumped out a window

Re: RCMC: Riding 99 Llamas Down Highway 99 To The 99 Threads Only Store!

Quote Originally Posted by Zero28 View Post
    that's actually the exact order I went in lol
    See, Kevin? Who is instructing you anyhow?

• sleepy lagoon

Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post
    happy late birthday, m7d!!
    Thank you Kevin!

• !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by my7dwarves View Post
    Hey! Hi there!
    hey! how was your birthday?

Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post
    Whoa! a Zero sighting!
    hey!

yes, one day you will learn how to use the wah pedals.
    yes!

• What Time Taught Us

Quote Originally Posted by Aura of Foreboding View Post
    Perhaps your teacher isn't asking you to relate to the woman's story, but her experience. Don't take the video at face value. Look beyond it. The presenter was clearly a very powerful speaker, powerful because she emotionally connected to the topic. Think of a time when you told a story where you were emotionally connected to a topic, when what you were saying brought about strong emotions. What made this presenter different from my professor was that she related personally to the topic at hand, and her presentation of said topic was, without a doubt, improved because of it. So, instead of thinking in terms of what she said, think in terms of how her story-telling could relate to something with which you are familiar.

If your teacher does want you to go through a route where you actually analyze what she said as opposed to what she did, talk about the experiences you can relate to in life in which you were most disconnected from others, when you felt yourself in relation to the rest of the world. Perhaps not at the level of the presenter, but at a level where you felt at peace with yourself because you were at peace with your surroundings. Think Walden.
    oh, duh! wow, I can't believe I didn't think to look at the assignment that way. before I even knew what the video was about, I assumed it would be informational since we had to do the same thing with a chapter in our textbook. thanks!

I believe this was suggested before, but you really should be some kind of guidance counselor. :P

yes, one day you will learn how to use the wah pedals.
    I don't know what that means, but, wordplay!

See, Kevin? Who is instructing you anyhow?
    an australian guy on youtube.
    Free Guitar Lessons - Learn how To Play Guitar - Justin's Beginners Guitar Course v2

• Circle of Ancients

oh, duh! wow, I can't believe I didn't think to look at the assignment that way. before I even knew what the video was about, I assumed it would be informational since we had to do the same thing with a chapter in our textbook. thanks!

I believe this was suggested before, but you really should be some kind of guidance counselor. :P
    I get that a lot. Unfortunately, for me, I never follow my own advice, and I end up making the same mistakes over and over.

• Grim Grinning

Holy cow!! Jt is posting?!? And Thanks to Johnny and his awesome memory, I recognize Murphy now lol.

• Circle of Ancients

I try my best.

• we jumped out a window

Amanda!

Hey, what song do you want to get stuck in your head this time?

• Circle of Ancients

"This place is old. It feels just like a beat-up truck. I turn the engine, but the engine doesn't turn. What smells of cheap wine, cigarettes; this place is always such a mess. Sometimes I think I'd like to watch it burn. I sit alone, and I feel just like somebody else. Man, I ain't changed, but I know I ain't the same. But somewhere in-between these city walls of dying dreams, I think her death, it must be killing me."

• !!!!!

Nice. Gotta love the internet. I used the internet as my guide also

• Grim Grinning

"This place is old. It feels just like a beat-up truck. I turn the engine, but the engine doesn't turn. What smells of cheap wine, cigarettes; this place is always such a mess. Sometimes I think I'd like to watch it burn. I sit alone, and I feel just like somebody else. Man, I ain't changed, but I know I ain't the same. But somewhere in-between these city walls of dying dreams, I think her death, it must be killing me."
    THIS!!!!!!! Ahhhh such a good song! And I have it. Now I must play it a few times.

And Brandon, I've actually had Up All Night by Hinder and a few Avenged Sevenfold songs stuck in my head today thank you.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by amanda.collishaw View Post
    THIS!!!!!!! Ahhhh such a good song! And I have it. Now I must play it a few times.
    See? I really like the acoustic version.

• Grim Grinning

I don't think I've heard that. And while scrolling though my itunes to get to it, I found that The Freshman is right above it. Another really good song. Sad, but a good song.

• What Time Taught Us

I get that a lot. Unfortunately, for me, I never follow my own advice, and I end up making the same mistakes over and over.
    well, you don't have to be perfect to counsel others! I mean, do you think dentists actually floss every day? of course not, because it's horrible and no one does. but I still let them invade my personal bubble a few times a year, make awkward conversation while their hands are stuffed in my mouth, and scrape at my teeth to allegedly check for cavities but which I'm convinced is a method of archaic torture on the ears because they're dentists and I trust their judgment. what? I don't know. I'm not the guidance counselor here.

• Grim Grinning

well, you don't have to be perfect to counsel others! I mean, do you think dentists actually floss every day? of course not, because it's horrible and no one does. but I still let them invade my personal bubble a few times a year, make awkward conversation while their hands are stuffed in my mouth, and scrape at my teeth to allegedly check for cavities but which I'm convinced is a method of archaic torture on the ears because they're dentists and I trust their judgment. what? I don't know. I'm not the guidance counselor here.
    Hahahaha I love it! I'm not the only one who thinks flossing is horrible and dentists are full of it lol.