Page 103 of 137 FirstFirst ... 3537893100101102103104105106113128 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 2044

• What Time Taught Us

Re: RCMC: 106: Were You Born That Way?

I think I'm getting a Yelp addiction, which isn't good cause now I'm like permanently hungry. I want some sweet potato fries!

• Future Imagineer!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post
    I think I'm getting a Yelp addiction, which isn't good cause now I'm like permanently hungry. I want some sweet potato fries!
    Dude. You live in SJ. Go to The Counter!

Keeper of the Dynamite Goat on RCMC

• Keeper of the fruit rolls

First off two words:
    Migraines Suck!
    I've spent all day/night in bed hoping it'll go away. Have not functioned at all today. bleh. trying now see how long this being up thing lasts.

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    I remember the Cafe Orleans back when I first started working at the park. In those days it was sponsored by Sara Lee, an entirely different restaurant than what it is now. Essentially, a good sandwich shop which some delicious fountain desserts.

Speaking of years gone by, I am currently watching a vintage "In Concert" on VH1-Classic.

The Beach Boys, circa 1980, in Kentworth, England - with all three Wilson brothers on stage (a rarity by that time). Dennis died just three years later, so it brings back some mixed memories for me.

ADD - For those that don't know, Carl died of cancer in 1998, and Brian has left the group to pursue his own solo career...though he plays Beach Boys songs in his shows.
    I've never heard of "fountain desserts" what does that mean? Vh1 classic has some good concerts on it. Doesn't Brian perform fairly often at WDW when they do concert series? I think I've seen some video clips of him there.

Quote Originally Posted by MarenBoBarren View Post
    we now have Monday and Tuesday off, then run Wednesday-Saturday night I know I'm gonna miss it!

Hiii!!! Doing alright except my stomach isn't liking me so much right now :/
    Hope you're stomach feels better.
    Ah cool. I was just looking at my high school website last night and discovered that they are currently doing "Anything Goes" but the odd thing is they are doing it at the city theater not the district theater which I found quite odd. The district theater is much nicer and bigger and the high school ALWAYS gets first priority on the use of it so I have no idea why they would go to the bleh theater in down town to do their shows. I remember when the district theater first opened...I worked the first major show done in it. I wish I could go see Anything Goes but I don't have the $12 and I hate going to a theater when I have a bad cough. It's embarrassing and distruptive to other poeple.

I'll bet no one posted things about the old Cafe Orleans, or the Beach Boys, or most of my other otherwise meaningless drivel, when I wasn't here.

But I did think a lot about all of you.

I could use some prayers, too.

And I offer mine to anyone wanting them.
    Barry you are added to the prayer list and appreciate prayers myself. Life can be rough. And your "meaningless drivel" is quite interesting for the most part. (Sports talk is not interesting to me but to each their own )

Quote Originally Posted by my7dwarves View Post
    Barry... is this kinda what you remember? After reading your post, I did a search. Sounds yummy!

http://www.matterhorn1959.com/blog1/creolecafe2.jpg

Which Beach Boy is your cousin? I know you have told me before, but I forget...
    OOh neat thanks for ssharing that. I like those choices...and I especially like the prices. can we get that again? Barry is related to the beach boys?! how cool!

All three Wilson brothers, Brian surviving...he was essentially the founder, and the band originally consisted of Brian, Dennis and Carl, their cousin and lead singer Mike Love, and neighbor Al Jardine.

As for the Creole Cafe...I'm not familiar with the name but the menu is very similar to the original Sara Lee Cafe Orleans, which opened at least near the time the rest of NOS did in 67...when Sara Lee dropped its sponsorship it was called simply the Cafe Orleans at least into the 80's. It later morphed into a buufeteria style place, and just a few years ago reopened in its present style.
    I love Disney history! I hadn't realized Sara Lee sponsored that particular restaurant in the past. I wish they would go back to the sponsorship like it used to be. Seems like the food was better in the past. I've seen many comments about how when Stoufers pulled out not all that long ago the quality over at that restaurant (forget the name) went down.

I think I have like five concurrent cravings, which I will now list because everyone is wildly interested.

1) Blood Orange Yogurt
    2) Jambalaya
    3) A Chicken Pesto Panini/Broccoli Chedder Soup from Panera which I would get for myself tomorrow were I to have a car
    4) This pizza that has Heirloom potatoes, caramelized onions, and white truffle oil that I've been having dreams about ever since someone told me about it.
    5) In-N-Out
    6) Plain Tart Yogurt
    7) ooh some Pad Thai sounds good.
    8) Disneyland Churro
    9) Monte Cristo. I had one once at a regular cafe though, and it was like eating heart disease.
    10) panna cotta
    11) the whole world
    As smart as you are apparently counting is not in your skills I want 1, 6, 8, and 11 please. And maybe 10. Never hat that and it might be good but it kinda looks like flan (i just googled it cuz i had no clue what it is). I had flan once and didn't care for it. may have been partially due to being sick tho so not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleman View Post
    YES...But ,I have share this many time's with all you young male's,in this room......
    Alway's treat a Women ..with repect and alway's be a Gentilmen !
    Jim
    ^how could anyone ever not absolutely love Jim. Such an awesome guy!

Quote Originally Posted by MainStreetJake View Post
    Hey Jim.

Right now, I'm trying to think of options to expand on my blog, listening to music, and polishing off a Pina Colada (virgin, of course).

and as for how my weekend's been..
    Well, I now have a girlfriend...
    got 100 new twitter followers...
    got the boy33 interview written up for my blog...
    and since the month started, I've gotten over 400 hits on my blog.

It's been pretty successful.
    I want a pina colada!
    Congrats! Lots of goodness going on for you.

Quote Originally Posted by MarenBoBarren View Post
    Ok pretty much done with my paper. Working on a quiz for political science. But all I can think about is a certain boy. And how I miss him. And all I want to do is drive around aimlessly listening to music......
    awwww

Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post
    They have tons of Pinkberry locations in SoCal

I prefer Yogurtland though...
    Yogurtland is so much better thank Pinkberry. I sooo want some right now!

I like them both. Yogurtland wins out solely because of the self-serve factor, but Pinkberry I think has better yogurt overall. Plus their fruit is fresher. I always get raspberries and blueberries. I really don't trust the fruit at Yogurtland..
    yummmm blueberries..my fav. I don't think pinkberrys yogurt is any better than yogurtland from what i've had. and the fruit at the yogurtland i've been too seems fine and I knew someone that worked there and she thought it was all good.
    Best way to know if a place is actually good to eat at: see if the employees who have worked there a while still want to eat there. haha

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleman View Post
    GOOD NIGHT ALL.......

Have to get up eary...4:20am...bed time for me.....
    I ask for your though's prayer for me at work....it's getting worst there .....
    and it makeing hard to be there ..........Iam doing my best....

Sweet Dream's in your Sleep......NANNER"S
    JIM
    4:20am is way too early. yuck. Hope you sleep well and you'll be in my prayers. I really hope things get better.

group projects are so frustrating.
    yup

i'm kinda hungry myself but bleh not sure i have anything i can actually eat right now.
    -Jennelle AKA Blue AKA Dory

Quote Originally Posted by drphibes View Post
    SBF's lasso of truth makes grown men want to go pee pee.
    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendGonzo View Post
    Have you considered buying a bed?...as far as I can tell you live in an apartment with a computer, a coupon for hungry howies, and there may or may not be a llama there...
    DLR trips in 2011: Jan 12,29,30, Feb 10, March 29, April 3, 22, May 14, 18, 25, June 9, August 8, 21...hopefully soooooooooon

FB, Twitter

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Happy Monday RCMC.

It's hard to strike a delicate balance between letting people know how your life is going, and complaining about issues that are bugging you at the moment. Or have been bugging you for way too long. So, there's a tendancy to withdraw and go away and say nothing.

So what shall I do on this wonderful Monday day? My grandson is home from school. I am enjoying the brand new Pokemon game that I just started. I named my Tepig "Chunky", because of his physique. My refrigerator needs a quick once over, in order to avoid overlooking food I have cooked, and forgotten about. My scrapbooks must really feel neglected since I haven't done anything to them in way too long. The bathroom is starting to get that "I don't want anybody to see this" appearance.

Mondays are full of potential. It's all up to me, I guess.

Hi Barbrara. I didn't even know it was monday until you said so. I need to do laundry so I can get my shopping bags cleaned and make a grocery list and find my coupons and go this afternoon. Ugh. Don't wanna.

My whole apartment has that "I don't want anybody to see this" appearance. So that's another thing I need to do is clean clean clean. I've only gotten about 1200 words written today and my goal is a minimum of 1700 but preferably 2000. Trying to reach that goal and then do a load of laundry and some dishes I hope. I was in bed the entire day from like 10am or so until almost midnight because the migraine was so bad so maybe I won't even sleep at all today and get some stuff done. Who knows. depends largely on the dang migraine and the coughing and other physical pain and issues.

Have you considered buying a bed?...as far as I can tell you live in an apartment with a computer, a coupon for hungry howies, and there may or may not be a llama there...
    DLR trips in 2011: Jan 12,29,30, Feb 10, March 29, April 3, 22, May 14, 18, 25, June 9, August 8, 21...hopefully soooooooooon

FB, Twitter

• Lord of the Sky

Blog Entries

MONDAY MORNING
    I hope you, have a wounderful, DAY!

Do to the fact, of what going at work ,and the sresst.,.that I have been under,,,
    wisdom tell take few day off.... it has effect my stomic!
    also lack of sleep....ask you all keeep me ,in you prayer and thought!

AUNT PENGY
    Hope your day goes well.............You in my thoughs and prayer's aswell
    Thank You all love JIM
    Last edited by Eagleman; 03-07-2011 at 05:25 AM.
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

hi Jim hope you feel better. I am keeping you in my prayers!

FB, Twitter

oooh I just realized that post was 2,999 which makes this post 3000! Wowza. I talk too dang much haha

FB, Twitter

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

TGI.... M?

Yup its Monday! I think I slept a bit better last night... slept through the first alarm, almost slept through the second. And once again had weird ride dreams. This time I know it was at Disneyland because there were other MiceChatters there. I saw Sir Clinksalot, Pratt and Timmy55... and we were on some roller coaster thing. Not screamin'.... coz this one also had water as part of the ride somehow because I knew I was going to get wet. My daughter was with me and was sitting next to me, but I couldn't get the seat belt to work. It would go together but it wouldn't "click" locked into place. I showed it to the CM's on the ride before the ride launched, but they didn't do anything about it. For some reason, in the ride vehicle in front of us, the last part had a seat facing backward. Sir Clinksalot was sitting there. I showed it to him, and he laughed. So the ride starts and in my dream I kept my eyes closed because I don't like crazy coasters, and I remember thinking in my dream I wanted to keep my eyes closed so I could "feel" the ride... and I didn't want to know before we went through... THE LOOP!!!!

Oh my... a ride with a loop and no seat belt or harness of any kind!!! Somehow I survived the ride, but when we got off I had a piece of the ride on the floor in the ride car with me. (It was like over in the Grizzly Peak area, themed to forest kinda.... and I had a piece of a tree with me) On CM accused me of taking it on purpose, one CM was really nice and didn't think I took it but told me if you walk through a certain part you CAN pick up stuff... we left but CM's started following us around the park...

Then I woke up.

I need to get more sleep or something....

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

lol pengy you have some interesting dreams. You should sleep more so you can have more dreams and tell us about it! Did your daughter survive the ride with no seatbelt? or maybe that stuff you had from the ride was really your daughter but the ride changed her into that stuff

FB, Twitter

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Um.... thats an interesting concept... but yea I think I remember he being there at the end of the ride! I dunno... maybe more sleep I'd have normal dreams!!

But for now time to head to work....

And.....

I HATE WIND!!!!!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Have a good day at work pengy. Hope the wind settles down!

I managed to get the dishes washed AND got a load of laundry going now. I have yet to reach my word count goal for the day though. Or find my grocery coupons or get my list written down or well or a lot of other stuff I should have done by now lol. Oh well let's just stick with I got the dishes washed and laundry started and pretend the rest don't exist

Wish this coughing and sneezing would stop. I'm sneezing a lot this morning. The coughing is bad but not as bad as it has been at some points during its course.

FB, Twitter

• Ex-Marvel stockholder

Blog Entries

Hello, everyone...I'm ready for March to Be over...

Apparently there is nothing that cannot happen today. - Mark Twain
    The Adventures of the Gonzo Family and the Diminishing Bank Account
    The Adventures of the Gonzo Family and the Temple of the Defaulted Loan

Shameless plug: I have a Band and You can buy our music at
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/zom...er/id514847110

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Hello, everyone...I'm ready for March to Be over...
    I love your avatar, and so far I am loving the game.

March has just begun, and as much as I'd love to rush right into Summer, I am not looking forward to the springing into yardwork, and housework that comes in between Winter and Summer.

hi rev hi barbara.

why do you want march over? when march is over it'll be april. i dont like april.

FB, Twitter