Page 101 of 134 FirstFirst ... 5176919899100101102103104111126 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 2010

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Re: RCMC 110: Born to Gaze into Night Skies

Phil Jackson's coaching career is apparently over, and it's too bad for him that his apparently last team showed so little class in losing. Getting swept...the only time in his career that one of his teams was swept in a four-game playoff series.
    The game 4 loss by 36 ... and two of his key players kicked out late for incredibly cheap shot fouls.

And Sounds of Silence is a great song by one of the great music duos ever. I love the limited edition Simon and Garfunkel channel I've been listening to lately.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Keeper of the fruit rolls

umm what sport are you talking about barry? (sorry sports is something i know absolutely nothing about really).
    i know you like simon and garfunkel since you have them as your sig
    -Jennelle AKA Blue AKA Dory

Quote Originally Posted by drphibes View Post
    SBF's lasso of truth makes grown men want to go pee pee.
    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendGonzo View Post
    Have you considered buying a bed?...as far as I can tell you live in an apartment with a computer, a coupon for hungry howies, and there may or may not be a llama there...
    DLR trips in 2011: Jan 12,29,30, Feb 10, March 29, April 3, 22, May 14, 18, 25, June 9, August 8, 21...hopefully soooooooooon

FB, Twitter

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by skybluefusion View Post
    umm what sport are you talking about barry? (sorry sports is something i know absolutely nothing about really).
    Basketball. The NBA (National Basketball Association) playoffs in particular.

Sirus/XM satellite has a channel specifically for Simon and Garfunkel right now...songs they did together, songs as solo acts, bits of interviews, old studio outtakes, etc. They also have "limited engagement channels" right now for Neil Diamond and Tim McGraw, among others.

And a rock feels no pain. And an island never cries.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Keeper of the fruit rolls

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    Basketball. The NBA (National Basketball Association) playoffs in particular.

Sirus/XM satellite has a channel specifically for Simon and Garfunkel right now...songs they did together, songs as solo acts, bits of interviews, old studio outtakes, etc. They also have "limited engagement channels" right now for Neil Diamond and Tim McGraw, among others.

And a rock feels no pain. And an island never cries.
    ahh okay.
    thats cool there's a station for them. they deserve that type of recognition.
    -Jennelle AKA Blue AKA Dory

Quote Originally Posted by drphibes View Post
    SBF's lasso of truth makes grown men want to go pee pee.
    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendGonzo View Post
    Have you considered buying a bed?...as far as I can tell you live in an apartment with a computer, a coupon for hungry howies, and there may or may not be a llama there...
    DLR trips in 2011: Jan 12,29,30, Feb 10, March 29, April 3, 22, May 14, 18, 25, June 9, August 8, 21...hopefully soooooooooon

FB, Twitter

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Hello and Happy Mother's Day! Went over to MIL's and took her out to lunch... came home, went to Home Depot... I bought myself one of those mini roses.... have never been able to keep one alive before but going to give it another try... then went to Starbucks and got a Mocha Coconut Frapp for half off!! Whoo hooo! Came home, started some laundry.... yeah, that was my day.

I cut my Sirius radio service down to the basic "Mostly Music" level. I don't listen to the talk radio or the other stuff so I didn't feel like paying for it. So I don't get the fancy special channels like Barry.

My first into to Simon and Garfunkle was in about 4th grade. In those days the school had music teachers that came to the classrooms. I don't remember if it was once a week or what but our music teacher was young. She played us Simon and Garfunkle, Beach Boys... all the "current" popular music at the time. Well, we did do some "classic" stuff like America the Beautiful and stuff like that. But she was the first one to tune me into the Sounds of Silence, The Sloop John B, and a song I don't remember much about but it was about Senior Del Gato... Oh senior del gato was a cat... on a high red roof del gato sat... he went there to write a letter meow meow meow...

And thats all I remember of it...

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• hi!

happy mothers day!
    -plagued

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    Hello and Happy Mother's Day! Went over to MIL's and took her out to lunch... came home, went to Home Depot... I bought myself one of those mini roses.... have never been able to keep one alive before but going to give it another try... then went to Starbucks and got a Mocha Coconut Frapp for half off!! Whoo hooo! Came home, started some laundry.... yeah, that was my day.

I cut my Sirius radio service down to the basic "Mostly Music" level. I don't listen to the talk radio or the other stuff so I didn't feel like paying for it. So I don't get the fancy special channels like Barry.

My first into to Simon and Garfunkle was in about 4th grade. In those days the school had music teachers that came to the classrooms. I don't remember if it was once a week or what but our music teacher was young. She played us Simon and Garfunkle, Beach Boys... all the "current" popular music at the time. Well, we did do some "classic" stuff like America the Beautiful and stuff like that. But she was the first one to tune me into the Sounds of Silence, The Sloop John B, and a song I don't remember much about but it was about Senior Del Gato... Oh senior del gato was a cat... on a high red roof del gato sat... he went there to write a letter meow meow meow...

And thats all I remember of it...
    The "cat" song seems vaguely familiar to me too now that you mention it.

I have the Sirius app for my Android as well...I think I'm getting it with the internet option I pay for..and we pay for unlimited data on the phone. What can I say...we don't go out much and spend money that way.

Happy mother's day Pengy!

PS...the host on the "Mad Dog Radio" sportstalk channel right now doesn't care for Kobe Bryant, so he's singing "ding dong the witch is dead"...

As for Senor Del Gato...I dug this up...

http://youtu.be/Uy3R65VW1-o
    Last edited by Radiobarry; 05-08-2011 at 07:18 PM. Reason: Senor Del Gato was a cat

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

On the topic of Simon and Garfunkel:

Stating the merely obvious, Paul is the greater talent as a solo artist.

Things like groups (and I know all about this from my Beach Boys experience) and duos are funny, fragile things. These two gentlemen, for example, were so great together for so many years...then went for decades without speaking to one another.

I have many favorites of their 1960's-1970's collaborations. My Little Town. Sounds of Silence of course. Mrs. Robinson (I only saw the Graduate for the first time just a few years ago). I am A Rock. The Boxer. So many.

But there's little doubt of my all time favorite S and G song. In fact, I consider this one of the greatest songs that pen ever put to paper.

http://youtu.be/H_a46WJ1viA

• Triple Goddess

Happy Mother's Day to all the mom's who make the world go round.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by coopercaseycody View Post
    Listening to Simon and Garfunkel sing "Bridge Over Troubled Water" and spending happy Mothers Day time with My Ying. Life is grand!!!

PS,,,Happy Mother's Day to all the Mom's, and to the mother and nurturer that is at least a part of all the rest of us!!!

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by plagued View Post
    happy mothers day!
    Hey stranger!

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    On the topic of Simon and Garfunkel:

Stating the merely obvious, Paul is the greater talent as a solo artist.

Things like groups (and I know all about this from my Beach Boys experience) and duos are funny, fragile things. These two gentlemen, for example, were so great together for so many years...then went for decades without speaking to one another.

I have many favorites of their 1960's-1970's collaborations. My Little Town. Sounds of Silence of course. Mrs. Robinson (I only saw the Graduate for the first time just a few years ago). I am A Rock. The Boxer. So many.

But there's little doubt of my all time favorite S and G song. In fact, I consider this one of the greatest songs that pen ever put to paper.

http://youtu.be/H_a46WJ1viA
    Ah!! DON Gato!! Not Del Gato!!! Awesome find Barry! How interesting that so many of the comments on this video are people who remember it from elementary school!

Happy Mom's day to you too!

all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• sleepy lagoon

Happy Mother's Day to you too Sister!

I hope your kids were good to you...

• sleepy lagoon

So, when do you think my brother will stop signing his cards to me with his first and last name?

I think I know who he is by now... lol.

• world class bilge rat

Hello everyone.

And happy mothers day too!

Being a mother has got to be the hardest job on the entire planet; but it's also the most rewarding!

The money is not the best, but you can't put a price on love.

Moms are the most selfless people anywhere; ever notice that when there are 6 people and only 5 slices of pie left that mom suddenly doesn't really like pie after all?

Actually, a mother truly is a 'Jack Of All Trades'. She is a......
    Doctor; who else can heal just about any owie with a simple kiss.
    Chef; even while she is still learning, the food is pretty good!
    Teacher; I learned more stuff from my mother than all other sources combined.
    Psychologist; it doesn't matter how bad it is, mom always has the answer.
    Accountant; she can manage the family finances way better than any CPA.
    Photographer; ever notice how precious those old pictures become?

And the list goes on and on.

As the years go by, I love my mother more and more.

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by my7dwarves View Post
    So, when do you think my brother will stop signing his cards to me with his first and last name?

I think I know who he is by now... lol.
    LOL! Thats funny! Must be just a habit.

Quote Originally Posted by micromind View Post
    Hello everyone.

And happy mothers day too!

Being a mother has got to be the hardest job on the entire planet; but it's also the most rewarding!

The money is not the best, but you can't put a price on love.

Moms are the most selfless people anywhere; ever notice that when there are 6 people and only 5 slices of pie left that mom suddenly doesn't really like pie after all?

Actually, a mother truly is a 'Jack Of All Trades'. She is a......
    Doctor; who else can heal just about any owie with a simple kiss.
    Chef; even while she is still learning, the food is pretty good!
    Teacher; I learned more stuff from my mother than all other sources combined.
    Psychologist; it doesn't matter how bad it is, mom always has the answer.
    Accountant; she can manage the family finances way better than any CPA.
    Photographer; ever notice how precious those old pictures become?

And the list goes on and on.

As the years go by, I love my mother more and more.
    Aw thanks Rob. But hey... being a single father you have had to do much the same thing for your daughter! You've been both mom and dad at the same time, and that too, is not the easiest thing in the world to do. But it looks like you've done a boffo job of it!