Page 12 of 134 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415223762112 ... LastLast

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Re: RCMC 110: Born to Gaze into Night Skies

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    I'm sorry about your friend Barry. He wasn't that much older than me!
    It's just really strange.

Kathleen's working tonight so I've been thinking a lot about Phil.

I mean, I hadn't seen the man in almost 30 years. But how many co-workers have you had, who spent breaks translating ancient Russian literature? In the bowels of Disneyland yet.

I was a political science major in college, and much more conservative then than I am now. I was a staunch Ronald Reagan conservative, and Phil was the definition of a FDR-turned Jimmy Carter liberal Democrat. We spent time washing dishes, and pots, and ovens debating domestic policy, and whether the "New Deal" was just so much BS and only World War Two rescued us from the Depression...remember, I knew Phil from essentially 1976-1982.

We wore whites like you see the street sweepers wear, with paper sanitary hats and big rubber boots because of the, well, water and such we had to stand in.

Later, I was promoted to cook...and Phil became a Lead MKH (Miscellaneous Kitchen Help).
    He then became a Supervisor assistant, and at the time I left, he was making out schedules aqnd such. I hear that he became the kitchen's lead receiver, a very prominent full-time post, and he was one of the few still working there from those I worked with. Others are Raymundo Gill, now driving trams in the parking lot, and Alan Crowder, executive chef for Main Street and some of DCA.

Phil, you were a special man indeed. RIP, old friend.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

What an amazing person he must of been Barry, that even after all this time you still have such vivid memories of him and the time you worked together!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

What an amazing person he must of been Barry, that even after all this time you still have such vivid memories of him and the time you worked together!
    Even though you get a real view of the other side of the magic, the so-called iron fist inside Mickey's glove, working at Disneyland would be unlike any other place you'd work in your life.

The camaraderie of the crews, and so on...it's just different from other places where you work. At least that has been my experience.

And yes, he was a pretty amazing guy - apparently right to the end.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Looks like a quiet night... I'm tired... I'm nannering out!!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• What Time Taught Us

still no word from UCLA... guess I have to wait until next week. oh why must they torture me in this way. I'm seeing my family tomorrow, and my dad on sunday (maybe..) and was hoping I could give them an answer!

• Keeper of the fruit rolls

Have a great time Blue!!! Think of us while you are there!

Wow I looked at that eggshellland site.. holy cow!! Thats pretty darn amazing!
    We had lots of fun cuz for the first time all year disneyland wasn't missing something....dillon was there finally! ya thats what i thought about the eggshell thing. they showed it on the news as i was getting ready and i was just like oh wowza. and i did think of ya'll!
    Wow. It has been beyond dead in here!!!! I'm guessing it will be a quiet weekend, and thats ok.
    yes totally dead! less than 2 pages in all the time i was gone.... and i feel like i've been away for a week lol

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    My husband brought me home an Easter Lily from the local Home Depot store. It was a pleasant surprise, and it boosted my mood.
    awww that's awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    So glad to hear that, my friend.

Meantime, I just got a jolt of sorts. In another thread, I saw this link to an OC Register story about a longtime Disneyland cast member, who died of natural causes while on the job.

I saw the name. Phillip Doyle. Longtime in food services, New Orleans Square area.

And then it hit me...Phil! Phil Doyle! A guy I knew and worked fairly closely with for about six years, before I left the park in 1982.

Phil was a special guy, one of a kind as a I remember him.

Talk about out of the blue.

My prayers to his family, which I never met.

My prayers to the crew he leaves behind. I am sure that Phil was loved by many, many people.
    My condolences and prayers to you and all who knew this obviously extremely special individual. There are some people that no amount of time or distance will ever let them leave your heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post
    still no word from UCLA... guess I have to wait until next week. oh why must they torture me in this way. I'm seeing my family tomorrow, and my dad on sunday (maybe..) and was hoping I could give them an answer!
    aww waiting is the worst.

today was long day. they were doing some filming so we got to see two of the soundsational floats and then they were doing some filming at night outside the bread factory in dca but we couldn't see too well.
    -Jennelle AKA Blue AKA Dory

Quote Originally Posted by drphibes View Post
    SBF's lasso of truth makes grown men want to go pee pee.
    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendGonzo View Post
    Have you considered buying a bed?...as far as I can tell you live in an apartment with a computer, a coupon for hungry howies, and there may or may not be a llama there...
    DLR trips in 2011: Jan 12,29,30, Feb 10, March 29, April 3, 22, May 14, 18, 25, June 9, August 8, 21...hopefully soooooooooon

FB, Twitter

I'm hungry. tummy growling waaah. dunno what to eat at 1:30am. dunnoa wanna have to work very hard.

Have you considered buying a bed?...as far as I can tell you live in an apartment with a computer, a coupon for hungry howies, and there may or may not be a llama there...
    DLR trips in 2011: Jan 12,29,30, Feb 10, March 29, April 3, 22, May 14, 18, 25, June 9, August 8, 21...hopefully soooooooooon

FB, Twitter

Best laugh of the day....the Drphibes slide...PLOP!
    http://youtu.be/LkZIL77Q8gQ

FB, Twitter

• we jumped out a window

Happy Saturday!

I'm heading to the San Diego Zoo today!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I am getting ready to watch the 4th game for the Bulls in the NBA playoffs. I also just finished putting down weed and feed on my lawn. My poor lawn is more weeds than grass. Next week sometime, I will probably have to mow it for the first time. The weather is supposed to get a little bit warmer.

Happy Saturday everyone.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    I am getting ready to watch the 4th game for the Bulls in the NBA playoffs. I also just finished putting down weed and feed on my lawn. My poor lawn is more weeds than grass. Next week sometime, I will probably have to mow it for the first time. The weather is supposed to get a little bit warmer.

Happy Saturday everyone.
    Watching today's game at Wrigley Field. Looks like the sun's out today at least. The wind is blowing out. Hitters love it when the wind is blowing out, at Wrigley Field.

Hope you are feeling better than the Bulls look at present.

By the way, Phil Doyle didn't like spectator sports and we also debated about why I, or anyone else, should enjoy them. Bread and circuses, the downfall of society, he'd say..or some other such thing.

What can I say? He was your typical misguided bleeding-heart 1970's Jimmy Carter Democrat...

• What Time Taught Us

omg pad thai and truffles. perfection. aknfkanfkanf

• Goofy

Quote Originally Posted by skybluefusion View Post
    We had lots of fun cuz for the first time all year disneyland wasn't missing something....dillon was there finally! ya thats what i thought about the eggshell thing. they showed it on the news as i was getting ready and i was just like oh wowza. and i did think of ya'll!

yes totally dead! less than 2 pages in all the time i was gone.... and i feel like i've been away for a week lol

awww that's awesome!

My condolences and prayers to you and all who knew this obviously extremely special individual. There are some people that no amount of time or distance will ever let them leave your heart.

aww waiting is the worst.

today was long day. they were doing some filming so we got to see two of the soundsational floats and then they were doing some filming at night outside the bread factory in dca but we couldn't see too well.

were the parks busy?

• Goofy

hi everyone.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

The Bulls lost today. I guess they can't pull off a miracle finish against the Indiana Pacers every game. Now the series returns to Chicago.

Tomorrow the Blackhawks play, and hopefully if they win the series will be tied at three games each.

I have lost 5 pounds from being sick. Not that I can't afford to lose 5 pounds, but I am sure as soon as I return to a more normal diet the scale will return to my normal weight.

The old series Batman is on. I remember the first time the series was on. We laughed, at all the cartoon effects.