Page 3 of 134 FirstFirst 123456132853103 ... LastLast

• Keeper of the fruit rolls

Re: RCMC 110: Born to Gaze into Night Skies

I just spent the last half hour helping a neighbor/talking. She called in a panic. She's got a disabled son who is dropepd off by bus at 3pm and someone has to be there to take him off and she was stuck in traffic. Normally Dinorah (my nextdoor neighbor/friend) is able to go out and get him off the bus but she's working at her friends day care and I'm the backup for the backup haha. The kid isn't much of a conversationalist. I tried to engage him but he's not really able to respond too well. He's about 15 or 16 i think..he's got a twin brother who's in high school. Due to an accident as a baby he's got the mental capacity of maybe a 2 or 3 year old. When his mom got home I let her know that I'm not available tomorrow since I'll be at disneyland and then we talked for a few minutes about disneyland and i told her about gumball rally and she wants photos haha. said she'd never be brave enough to try that one herself.
    -Jennelle AKA Blue AKA Dory

Quote Originally Posted by drphibes View Post
    SBF's lasso of truth makes grown men want to go pee pee.
    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendGonzo View Post
    Have you considered buying a bed?...as far as I can tell you live in an apartment with a computer, a coupon for hungry howies, and there may or may not be a llama there...
    DLR trips in 2011: Jan 12,29,30, Feb 10, March 29, April 3, 22, May 14, 18, 25, June 9, August 8, 21...hopefully soooooooooon

FB, Twitter

Isn't easter this sunday? LIke what 3 days from now? I should probably try calling the Discovery science center again and see if i can get a person on the phone. I managed it a few months ago when i called just wish i knew how i did it.
    my tummy is grumbling. i should eat a snack. i was about to put on pjs and take a nap when the neighbor called to ask/beg me to go get her son.
    Dillon and I are planning to leave like 6:30am so we can stop for starbucks (i have a free drink i want to use before it expires) and get down to the park so we can try to get ahead of some of the ticket booth line. he's buying his ap so we have to do the lines out there which can get really ridiculously long. park opens at 8 so the ticket booth opens at 7 i believe. we won't be there by 7 but we'll be there pretty early. he hasn't been to disnelyland since early december and is really really wanting to go. he needs his fix

Have you considered buying a bed?...as far as I can tell you live in an apartment with a computer, a coupon for hungry howies, and there may or may not be a llama there...
    DLR trips in 2011: Jan 12,29,30, Feb 10, March 29, April 3, 22, May 14, 18, 25, June 9, August 8, 21...hopefully soooooooooon

FB, Twitter

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by skybluefusion View Post
    Isn't easter this sunday? LIke what 3 days from now? I should probably try calling the Discovery science center again and see if i can get a person on the phone.
    I don't think you need one of their people to tell you that yes, it is Easter this Sunday.

And...this just in...breaking news... tomorrow is Good Friday.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    Tonite both the the Bulls, and the Blackhawks are on. The Bulls first and then the Blackhawks. Hopefully watching them will take my mind off my grumbling stomach. I haven't really eaten much since getting sick, but I guess I need to rethink my diet at the moment. For the rest of the day, I'll give my tummy a rest.

My husband is back to normal. He's in the living room eating the dinner that he made for himself. I am so grateful that he made his own dinner.
    Hope you feel better soon, Barbara. Good luck to your teams tonight. I just noticed that baseball's newest "orphans" will be showing up on the doorstep of Wrigley Field tomorrow.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    I don't think you need one of their people to tell you that yes, it is Easter this Sunday.

And...this just in...breaking news... tomorrow is Good Friday.
    haha my mom wants to go there on easter sunday using the tickets i won but i need to call and make sure that we can use those tickets on that day and a few other questions that the website and the automated system aren't really clear on. yes tomorrow is good friday....especially since I'll be at the happy place.

FB, Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    Hope you feel better soon, Barbara. Good luck to your teams tonight. I just noticed that baseball's newest "orphans" will be showing up on the doorstep of Wrigley Field tomorrow.
    is that a reference to the dodgers? i heard control of the team has been taken away from the owner...does that have something to do with the whole divorce fiasco?

FB, Twitter

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

is that a reference to the dodgers? i heard control of the team has been taken away from the owner...does that have something to do with the whole divorce fiasco?
    Yes it is a reference to the Dodgers...the divorce proceedings are a small part of the overall picture of alleged financial wrongdoing. Dating back to when their purchase of the team was approved, their ability to properly fund and operate the team has been openly questioned.

How long ago was it they bought the team?

FB, Twitter

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

How long ago was it they bought the team?
    2003-2004. They bought the team from FOX, which had owned it since Peter O'Malley ended a decades-long tradition of O'Malley family ownership and sold out in the late 90's.

Ah yeah I remember my grandma talking about it being sold away from the family and she wasn't too happy about it when I was still in school. She's always been a big dodger fan...even when they were in Brooklyn. In the late 80s my uncle actually got one of the dodger players to come to grandma's birthday party and present her with a dodger jacket. unfortunately i missed that party due to chicken pox.

FB, Twitter

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

I come in here, and people get scared off. Next time you might not want to leave that trail of bread crumbs leading to the new thread.

• sleepy lagoon

I'm not scared, Barry.

However, I am now alone as well, so maybe I should be...

• sleepy lagoon

When I am alone, I have a tendency to sing.

What shall I sing the thread this evening?

Hmmmm.

• sleepy lagoon

I have had a stupid Katy Perry song in my head all day for some reason.

Remember, you asked for it.

"Let's go all the way tonight
    No regrets, just love
    We will dance until we die
    You and I will be young forever"

• sleepy lagoon

"You make me
    feel like I'm living a
    Teenage dream
    The way you turn me on"