Page 13 of 134 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516233863113 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 2007
  1. #181

    • world class bilge rat
    • Online

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Fernley, NV (Near Reno)
    Posts
    13,865

    Re: RCMC 111 Great Expectations: The Future is as Random as it is Unknown

    Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    I'm staying one step ahead of the posse, you know Pancho and Lefty...

    Weather here is much calmer...Sunny, a little breezy, highs about 72.
    Lol. Don't tell me; they let you slip away out of kindness I suppose.....

    Yup, good ol' Willy!

    lol.

  2. #182

    • world class bilge rat
    • Online

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Fernley, NV (Near Reno)
    Posts
    13,865

    Re: RCMC 111 Great Expectations: The Future is as Random as it is Unknown

    Quote Originally Posted by my7dwarves View Post
    Yes, things are good. But busy!! Very busy lately...



    Hello there my hard working guy!

    Been thinking about you an awful lot... so I will sing to you!

    YouTube - Sam Cooke-You're Alway On My Mind.wmv
    Hiya, sweetie!!

    How are you these days? I haven't been around RCMC much in the last few days, but the night work is over......well, for now anyway.

    Love that song!

  3. #183

    • !!!!!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    San Jose California
    Posts
    1,897

    Re: RCMC 111 Great Expectations: The Future is as Random as it is Unknown


  4. #184

    • Goofy
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    in wonderland.
    Posts
    20,655

    Re: RCMC 111 Great Expectations: The Future is as Random as it is Unknown

    Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    Hello my chickadee!!

    And hello to the rest of my RCMC friends!

    And hello to the rest of you, too!


    hi radiobarry.

  5. #185

    • world class bilge rat
    • Online

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Fernley, NV (Near Reno)
    Posts
    13,865

    Re: RCMC 111 Great Expectations: The Future is as Random as it is Unknown

    Hi there, Rex! And Zero!

    How are you guys tonight?

  6. #186

    • sleepy lagoon
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    a tiny cottage in the forest
    Posts
    17,695

    Re: RCMC 111 Great Expectations: The Future is as Random as it is Unknown

    Quote Originally Posted by micromind View Post
    Hiya, sweetie!!

    How are you these days? I haven't been around RCMC much in the last few days, but the night work is over......well, for now anyway.

    Love that song!
    Oh, I am good. And I have missed you!

    Hmm... the night work... just say no.

    It is a great song, isn't it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zero28 View Post
    JT!

    I can see you.


  7. #187

    • world class bilge rat
    • Online

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Fernley, NV (Near Reno)
    Posts
    13,865

    Re: RCMC 111 Great Expectations: The Future is as Random as it is Unknown

    Quote Originally Posted by my7dwarves View Post
    Oh, I am good. And I have missed you!

    Hmm... the night work... just say no.
    Oh, I would love to just say no, but I've done quite a bit of traffic signal work, and it's really a pleasure to do just the control cabinet. There are 6 other guys out there too, they have to change all the light heads and pull the new wire in....man it's nice to just stay in the cabinet!!!

    BTW, those lights are larger than they look. A 3 head one is about 3' tall; a 5 head one is a bit more than 5' tall. The lights are 11" diameter.

  8. #188

    • Angel Fan MC Man
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Beautiful Oxnard, CA
    Posts
    24,291
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: RCMC 111 Great Expectations: The Future is as Random as it is Unknown

    Quote Originally Posted by micromind View Post
    Hiya, sweetie!!

    How are you these days? I haven't been around RCMC much in the last few days, but the night work is over......well, for now anyway.

    Love that song!
    From Sam Cooke...to Willie...

    http://youtu.be/R7f189Z0v0Y
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

  9. #189

    • sleepy lagoon
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    a tiny cottage in the forest
    Posts
    17,695

    Re: RCMC 111 Great Expectations: The Future is as Random as it is Unknown

    Quote Originally Posted by micromind View Post
    Oh, I would love to just say no, but I've done quite a bit of traffic signal work, and it's really a pleasure to do just the control cabinet. There are 6 other guys out there too, they have to change all the light heads and pull the new wire in....man it's nice to just stay in the cabinet!!!

    BTW, those lights are larger than they look. A 3 head one is about 3' tall; a 5 head one is a bit more than 5' tall. The lights are 11" diameter.
    I bet it is nice to stay in the cabinet! You know, I can't drive past one of those now without thinking of you, lol.

    The other day, I saw a guy working on one all alone in the daytime. Somehow it didn't seem fair! But I am guessing he was doing something rather minor....

    I didn't realize those lights were so big! It'd be great lighting in a game room... lol.


  10. #190

    • sleepy lagoon
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    a tiny cottage in the forest
    Posts
    17,695

    Re: RCMC 111 Great Expectations: The Future is as Random as it is Unknown

    Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    From Sam Cooke...to Willie...

    http://youtu.be/R7f189Z0v0Y
    Also a good song. Didn't Elvis cover this song? I can hear him singing it...

    This song is great on a country voice. Did you hear Scotty McCreery sing it on Idol?


  11. #191

    • world class bilge rat
    • Online

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Fernley, NV (Near Reno)
    Posts
    13,865

    Re: RCMC 111 Great Expectations: The Future is as Random as it is Unknown

    Quote Originally Posted by my7dwarves View Post
    I bet it is nice to stay in the cabinet! You know, I can't drive past one of those now without thinking of you, lol.

    The other day, I saw a guy working on one all alone in the daytime. Somehow it didn't seem fair! But I am guessing he was doing something rather minor....

    I didn't realize those lights were so big! It'd be great lighting in a game room... lol.
    Work in a control cabinet is usually done by one person; none of it is particularly difficult. Sometimes another person is good to have around when troubleshooting a problem though.

    Since there are a lot of things that will cause a signal to go into flashing red, if there's any danger of that happening unexpectedly we'll usually put it in flash manually. That way, the moment it goes to flash is controlled. Much safer for traffic.

    Getting it back out of flash during heavy traffic is way easier with two people. If traffic is lite, it can be done with one.

  12. #192

    • world class bilge rat
    • Online

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Fernley, NV (Near Reno)
    Posts
    13,865

    Re: RCMC 111 Great Expectations: The Future is as Random as it is Unknown

    Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    From Sam Cooke...to Willie...

    http://youtu.be/R7f189Z0v0Y
    Whenever I think of this song, I always think of Willies version of it. I realize other artists have done it, but Willies version sticks in my mind. Or maybe it's always on my mind....

    lol.

  13. #193

    • !!!!!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    San Jose California
    Posts
    1,897

    Re: RCMC 111 Great Expectations: The Future is as Random as it is Unknown

    Quote Originally Posted by micromind View Post
    Hi there, Rex! And Zero!

    How are you guys tonight?
    I am good, and yourself?

    Quote Originally Posted by my7dwarves View Post
    Oh, I am good. And I have missed you!

    Hmm... the night work... just say no.

    It is a great song, isn't it?



    JT!

    I can see you.
    Yup thats me!

  14. #194

    • sleepy lagoon
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    a tiny cottage in the forest
    Posts
    17,695

    Re: RCMC 111 Great Expectations: The Future is as Random as it is Unknown

    Quote Originally Posted by micromind View Post
    Work in a control cabinet is usually done by one person; none of it is particularly difficult. Sometimes another person is good to have around when troubleshooting a problem though.

    Since there are a lot of things that will cause a signal to go into flashing red, if there's any danger of that happening unexpectedly we'll usually put it in flash manually. That way, the moment it goes to flash is controlled. Much safer for traffic.

    Getting it back out of flash during heavy traffic is way easier with two people. If traffic is lite, it can be done with one.

    A flashing red can be scary around here. No one seems to know what to do. Especially in the large interesections. You really need a policeman directing traffic or something. It doesn't happen very often though..

    I rarely see guys working on signals, but I notice it now....


  15. #195

    • sleepy lagoon
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    a tiny cottage in the forest
    Posts
    17,695

    Re: RCMC 111 Great Expectations: The Future is as Random as it is Unknown

    So, unfortunately for me, I can no longer wear miniskirts, as of 5 years ago.

    And I only have 7 more years to wear a two piece bathing suit....

    and 11 more years to wear stiletto heels...

    Geesh. I better go shopping.


Similar Threads

  1. Disney Village - the future
    By soundtracker in forum Disneyland Paris
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 01-06-2006, 01:11 AM
  2. Idea to replace Back to the Future when it becomes outdated
    By startours4ever in forum Other Destinations
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-20-2005, 11:17 AM
  3. Part 3...The Future of Fantasyland Theater
    By creamcityleo79 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 05-12-2005, 08:56 AM
  4. What does the future hold for WDW?
    By dramaqueen in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-03-2005, 09:30 PM
  5. Retro Trend leading the future?
    By Reaver in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-04-2005, 12:30 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •