Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 2007

• Future Cast Member

Re: RCMC 111 Great Expectations: The Future is as Random as it is Unknown

Good night, everyone!

• Lord of the Sky

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post
    honestly, I would be much more against the misogynistic music men in the pop industry put out than any of the weird stuff Lady Gaga does.
    Yes sir ....matter of opinion.
    We can alway 's agread to disagread....repect.....
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

• Lord of the Sky

Blog Entries

Jessica..You have a Good Night sleep.......Happy DREAMs to You....
    Jim
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

• Lord of the Sky

Blog Entries

every one gone?
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

• Lord of the Sky

Blog Entries

GOOD NIGHT ALL.......HAPPY DREAM's
    Nanner's Jim

YES ...Aunt PENGY ,I behave myself today...going to work ,tomorrow!!!
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Hey all... being lazy tonight and playing some games. Also running virus scan on my computer. I have an anti viral program on, but I was getting this weird pop up about the security certificate on FB... and I didn't even have FB open so thought I'd run a full scan.

Good gravy. Its scanning all 700,000+ files... and it still have over 125,000 to go....

I'm thinking tonight might not have been the best time to do this... If I stop it will it start all over again the next time I run it? I've never done a full scan on my computer before. (Us Mac People are so complacent about that stuff.)

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I have stayed up way too late tonite. I have been sitting here trying to figure out how to make a picture frame out of plastic canvas. I have never done that before. I looked for a pattern when I was at JoAnn's a few weeks ago, and they had nothing. So, I think that I came up with a pretty good idea. Now I need to do the actual needlework. I am going to keep it simple, and just make it white. I figure if it turns out decent, it would be a nice frame for a wedding photo.

Now, I better get to bed.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

I did some plastic canvas frames years ago! Um, I wonder where they are.... I could show you what I did with them... I sewed on lace when I finished.

Still scanning. Down to 75,000 but I want to go to bed. Should be ok... the last basic scan it did was this.

com.sophos.intercheck: Info: On-access scanner started at 17:26 on 26 May 2011
    com.sophos.intercheck:
    com.sophos.autoupdate: Info: Checked primary server at 17:26 on 26 May 2011
    com.sophos.autoupdate: Sophos Anti-Virus was updated
    com.sophos.autoupdate:
    com.sophos.autoupdate: Info: Checked primary server at 19:05 on 26 May 2011
    com.sophos.autoupdate: Sophos Anti-Virus is up to date
    com.sophos.autoupdate:
    com.sophos.intercheck: Info: On-access scanner stopped at 20:06 on 26 May 2011
    com.sophos.intercheck: 4273 items scanned, 0 threats detected, 0 issues
    com.sophos.intercheck:
    Looks encouraging....

And the console message log popped up. Thats always weird to look at. I've taken a gander at it before but I don't read code and it makes my head swim... and its always weird to see stuff like this...

5/26/11 9:57:42 PM [0x0-0xa0da0d].com.apple.Safari[88570] Thu May 26 21:57:42 PDT 2011 GameHostApplet-handleGame spinnerResult = -2
    5/26/11 9:57:42 PM [0x0-0xa0da0d].com.apple.Safari[88570] Thu May 26 21:57:42 PDT 2011 GameHostApplet-handleGame Evaluation of doSpinner = true
    5/26/11 9:57:42 PM [0x0-0xa0da0d].com.apple.Safari[88570] Thu May 26 21:57:42 PDT 2011 GameHostApplet-handleGame
    Just before deciding to do a spin...
    5/26/11 9:57:42 PM [0x0-0xa0da0d].com.apple.Safari[88570] Started inval queue : com.pogo.ui2.awt.e@4dd2b0
    Deciding to do a spin? What the heck was my computer doing? Thats almost as scary as all the applets its killing...

5/26/11 10:16:59 PM [0x0-0xa0da0d].com.apple.Safari[88570] Thu May 26 22:16:59 PDT 2011 thread applet-com.pogo.game.client2.lottsobingo.LBApplet LBApplet destroyed

all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Keeper of the fruit rolls

oh okay i turn off the computer for it too cool and everyone goes to bed? meh. i'm in such a terrible mood. i'm trying to decide if its worth trying to fix someting to eat that dont sound at all good tonight so my stomach will shut up. the last of the mickey nuggets? wash the bowl and spend an hour picking chicken out so i can have soup i dont want? bleh.
    -Jennelle AKA Blue AKA Dory

Quote Originally Posted by drphibes View Post
    SBF's lasso of truth makes grown men want to go pee pee.
    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendGonzo View Post
    Have you considered buying a bed?...as far as I can tell you live in an apartment with a computer, a coupon for hungry howies, and there may or may not be a llama there...
    DLR trips in 2011: Jan 12,29,30, Feb 10, March 29, April 3, 22, May 14, 18, 25, June 9, August 8, 21...hopefully soooooooooon

FB, Twitter

• What Time Taught Us

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleman View Post
    Yes sir ....matter of opinion.
    We can alway 's agread to disagread....repect.....
    the most important thing to consider with any art is maintaining an open mind. it aims to make you reconsider your perspective on the world: what's real, and what's normal. for example, that photo series of celebrities dressed as Disney characters. I remember reading a thread about it here and EVERYONE was like in uproar over Penelope Cruz as Belle and that old guy from Tron as (human) Beast... but they were missing the point. the thread actually showed that the ideologies the movie criticized still exist: apparently what makes Belle beautiful is the fact that she's white. apparently she can't be with someone who doesn't look young and attractive.

along the same lines, the painting I mentioned earlier Luncheon on the Grass was met with extreme outrage when it was first displayed in 18something because it depicted a naked woman lounging comfortably amidst two fully dressed men. it wasn't the nudity itself (she was mostly covered, and regardless there's a ton of nudity in celebrated classical art anyway), but the fact that her image wasn't glorified -- but realistic -- and that she possessed strength/freedom in her sexuality over the men beside her.

I'm not saying anyone has to like Lady Gaga (again, I don't even consider myself much of a fan); however, it does perturb me when people bash her solely for her supposed "masculinity." she's not a man, but even if she was, that wouldn't be a reason to degrade her. Lady Gaga's big purpose she has for her art is that she's expressing who she is, no matter how outrageous, for a world that largely despises things that are different. that's why it makes me sad to see people constantly making reference to the rumor of her having male genitalia. maybe she does, maybe she doesn't. in my opinion, it shouldn't matter.

pengy is speaking a language i do not understand. but thats okay it looks like she dont either

Have you considered buying a bed?...as far as I can tell you live in an apartment with a computer, a coupon for hungry howies, and there may or may not be a llama there...
    DLR trips in 2011: Jan 12,29,30, Feb 10, March 29, April 3, 22, May 14, 18, 25, June 9, August 8, 21...hopefully soooooooooon

FB, Twitter

I wouldn't care if Lady Gaga was male. I don't think her music is as good as poeple make it out to be. Her voice kind of annoys me. But thats just a personal opinion and the main thing I don't like is I think she goes too far. The "dress" made out of actual meat for example. ALl her outfits are just too outrageous and anywhere she goes all attention turns to what she's wearing no matter what the reason for the function she happens to be at. And her live performances drive me up the wall. Part of that is her outfits but she just bugs me in every way and I have to leave the room or fast forward or I start screaming at the tv for her to go away already. I change the station on the radio when her music comes on now. I just don't like it.

FB, Twitter

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by skybluefusion View Post
    pengy is speaking a language i do not understand. but thats okay it looks like she dont either
    hahahaha! No I don't. I did some basic BASIC program stuff years ago... but this stuff is way beyond me.

Scan complete, no threats found... going to bed.

Nanners all!

• What Time Taught Us

Quote Originally Posted by skybluefusion View Post
    I wouldn't care if Lady Gaga was male. I don't think her music is as good as poeple make it out to be. Her voice kind of annoys me. But thats just a personal opinion and the main thing I don't like is I think she goes too far. The "dress" made out of actual meat for example. ALl her outfits are just too outrageous and anywhere she goes all attention turns to what she's wearing no matter what the reason for the function she happens to be at. And her live performances drive me up the wall. Part of that is her outfits but she just bugs me in every way and I have to leave the room or fast forward or I start screaming at the tv for her to go away already. I change the station on the radio when her music comes on now. I just don't like it.
    that's perfectly fine not to like her voice. :P I find her overrated as well. People REVERE her, but in my opinion her actual music is pretty generic. catchy, yup, I like some of it, but nothing to adore her for.

as for her outfits, I think it just becomes a question of whether you believe she genuinely wants to dress that way (in which case go for it I say) or if she's just doing it for the attention (which is kind of annoying). but, people love it, so who am I to knock it?

I did find the meat dress inappropriate, not because I thought it was too outrageous, I just thought it was a waste of meat... lol. people wear leather and fur, sure, but you can't eat those things. there are people starving in the world, Lady Gaga! don't drape yourself in their misery!

• mountains beyond mtns.

Hmm...I might have missed out on an interesting discussion earlier...time to read back!

and good late late night everyone!