Page 101 of 134 FirstFirst ... 5176919899100101102103104111126 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 2002

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Re: RCMC #113 - Help! I need Somebody

Hello!! Holy cow what a day. It was actually almost foggy this morning when I went to work. It was kinda hazy most of the day... what little I saw of it. One of the RN's said it was from the monsoons in Arizona coming our way. So of course the swamp cooler didn't work for beans. At least I was in the air conditioning all day. But holy cow... it was crazy busy for a holiday Sunday. And the weird thing was... we had hardly any patients and it was still nuts!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• sleepy lagoon

Hi Pengy!!

Glad you are home from your busy day. Time to relax!

Do you have to work tomorrow too?

And somehow the term 'swamp cooler" makes me feel more hot and sticky....

• world class bilge rat

Swamp coolers work best when the humidity is very low.

The technical term would be 'evaporative cooler', but everyone calls them swamp coolers.

They do indeed make the air humid, but a lot cooler. Unless it's humid; then they just make it even more humid.

A/C on an average size house will cost about 50˘ an hour to run, and it'll run about 1/2 the time. A swamp cooler costs about 6˘ an hour to run, and it runs all the time.

A/C will draw moisture out of the air, a swamp cooler will make it more moist.

If you're on city water and the air from a swamp cooler smells like chlorine, put a charcoal filter in the water feed line. That'll cut out the chlorine smell.

A charcoal filter will also cut out the chlorine taste of the water you get from the fridge.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Jody/Penguin can tell you exactly where "nanners" comes from, and who said it first. I believe it derives from the word bananas, nannas, and I seem to remember Fantasmico. Help me out Penguin. Jody has a better memory than me.

• Goofy

Quote Originally Posted by Joshnyah View Post
    If I was off tommorow I would fly there and meet up with you rex! But I will be working!

thats okay.

• world class bilge rat

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    Jody/Penguin can tell you exactly where "nanners" comes from, and who said it first. I believe it derives from the word bananas, nannas, and I seem to remember Fantasmico. Help me out Penguin. Jody has a better memory than me.
    That sounds familiar, now that you mention it......

• sleepy lagoon

Quote Originally Posted by micromind View Post

The technical term would be 'evaporative cooler', but everyone calls them swamp coolers.

They do indeed make the air humid, but a lot cooler. Unless it's humid; then they just make it even more humid.

A/C on an average size house will cost about 50˘ an hour to run, and it'll run about 1/2 the time. A swamp cooler costs about 6˘ an hour to run, and it runs all the time.

If you're on city water and the air from a swamp cooler smells like chlorine, put a charcoal filter in the water feed line. That'll cut out the chlorine smell.

A charcoal filter will also cut out the chlorine taste of the water you get from the fridge.
    You are so cute. I love that you know everything. I could spend forever talking to you, lol.

Only warehouses around here have swamp coolers. At least that is the only place I have seen them. I just don't like the term. Swamps are full of alligators, bugs, and suffocating humidity, and those hydroplaning type boats......and that does not sound cool to me. Although the boats might be fun to drive.....

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by my7dwarves View Post
    Hi Pengy!!

Glad you are home from your busy day. Time to relax!

Do you have to work tomorrow too?

And somehow the term 'swamp cooler" makes me feel more hot and sticky....
    No! I have tomorrow off!!!

And yeah.. they can get sticky!

Quote Originally Posted by micromind View Post

^This... our cooler is only about a year old so it works great... when its dry. Up to today its darn near froze me out. I'd have to go outside and warm up. But with the humidity up now... yeah, not so much.

But it also does help on the power. Our electric bill runs about $45 a month. People with AC's... yeah.. a lot more. And our water bill runs about $30 a month since we are in a desert and I don't water much of anything outside...

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    I thought you had the better memory!!! It was... Fantasmico that came up with the term. I don't remember the exact series of events or details, but I remember it was her that coined the term "nanners" to say good night. I think there may have been some nanners bananners somewhere along the way,and it got shortened to nanners.

all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I don't remember being around on the actual coining of the word. I do remember at one point in time that people in the RCMC started using the term.

• world class bilge rat

Speaking of nanners......

See y'all later.

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Nanners Rob! Try to stay cool where you are!

• Grim Grinning

Ok who said Mork and Mindy?? I love that show!

• Keeper of the fruit rolls

You know who loves swamp coolers? Crickets! Ugh. We lived in a house directly across the street from the cemetary and had a swamp cooler. The crickets took over the cooler. My step father (he wasn't actually my step father yet but yeah him) opened up the vent in the livingroom and I am not exhaugerating when i saw that HUNDREDS of crickets came tumbling out of that think...most were not alive anymore but many were. My mom and I were jumping all over the place screaming our heads off and he was laughing at us. Ugh. I hate crickets. I get a lot of crickets here..I can't hear my tv at all tonight over the crickets and the fans.

In other news....oh my can a cup of crystal light make a mess!!!! I tried to carry a full cup from the kitchen to the livingroom and it didn't go well. I had to change clothes after cleaning up the mess....and the book I had open now has a very pink page. Oops. It happens to be a library book too. But the page is still readable....unlike the other book I have checked out that I just discovered has 48 pages pissing in the middle of it!!!!! WTH? I'll have to talk to the library about that on tuesday. I am not going to be blamed for the destruction of THAT book because I did not do any damage to it. I just did not realize the pages were missing until I got to that part of the book. It's a loosely bound older book with lots of pictures that has obviously seen better days but I hadn't realized an entire section of it was missing. And that pisses me off!
    -Jennelle AKA Blue AKA Dory

Quote Originally Posted by drphibes View Post
    SBF's lasso of truth makes grown men want to go pee pee.
    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendGonzo View Post
    Have you considered buying a bed?...as far as I can tell you live in an apartment with a computer, a coupon for hungry howies, and there may or may not be a llama there...
    DLR trips in 2011: Jan 12,29,30, Feb 10, March 29, April 3, 22, May 14, 18, 25, June 9, August 8, 21...hopefully soooooooooon

FB, Twitter

• Goofy

hi penguinsoda, are you ready for the fireworks show?

• Grim Grinning

Oh no!! I had something like that happen to me too. I let a co-worker borrow my Twilight series a while ago. I took very good care of these books, kept the covers on them, actually put them on the shelf, you get the idea. Well, I got two of them back, one had food stains all over the pages, and the other had a cup of coffee dumped on it. These are hard back books too. She said she'd replace them for me but never did. Quite irritating.