Page 103 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3537893100101102103104105106113128 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 2032

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Re: RCMC # 114: Llama's floating along, on the inner tube of life....

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleman View Post
    HEY YOU GUY's I just ,Hit a milestone this NOW!!!!!!!!!
    15,000 on the post's

Jim
    Congrats Jim!!! Hey keep that up and you'll catch up with me!

Quote Originally Posted by ChessurInWonderland View Post
    Yeah, I'm really glad my mom bought this app because I'd really like to get my sleeping back on a better schedule, and plus with my insomnia I'm hoping this will be helpful to trick me into feeling more well rested since it wakes you up in the lightest state of sleep in a half hour time period. And plus the charts will be fun and interesting to look at, too, and look at when I'm in my deepest state of sleep and exactly when I fell asleep.

My mom actually bought it for my step-dad, because he's a truck driver for pacific tankline gas transmission and distribution and he's been waking up at 1 am to get to work, and then he works for about 14 hours, but by the time he gets home from traffic then he doesn't even have six or seven hours left, plus he needs to eat and get his things ready for the next day by then, and he's only getting a few hours of sleep tops, especially with my little brothers being loud all night waking him up. So my mom is hoping that it'll help him so he isn't always as tired when he wakes up, especially with his bad allergies, and calling in sick to his job isn't even an option.
    Does he have to keep a log book? Coz DOT requires I think a certain amount of hours between runs and no more than 12 hours behind the wheel. When my husband drove overline he sometimes kept two log books... But he was driving to Reno and Salt Lake at that time.

But sounds like a cool ap. I've heard about it before

---------- Post added 08-09-2011 at 09:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by micromind View Post
    yeah, trying to make yourself fall asleep is a lot like trying to forget something. It just doesn't work!!

I agree about the early school times. It's funny, Fernley High School (where I live) has started at 7:30 for many years. Last year, they moved the start time to 8:00. Of course, everyone loved it.

I read in the newspaper a while ago that test scores were up a bit last year........I wonder......

lol.
    Thats interesting.... our school starts at 7:11, and they get out at 1:40 I think it is. I like starting that early... but then I don't have to function... that well... first think in the morning. I just have to show up

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Grim Grinning

8.5 hour day. So tired. Can't wait for the externship to be over so I'll only be there 4 days a week instead of 6. Gahhh. I may actually get re-acquainted with this concept I've heard of. I think it's called sleep? Anyone know anything about that?

• Lord of the Sky

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    I think , that is next to never....Aunt PENGY........lest I had ,little trill for tonight!
    that OK..........long with my FRIENDS
    So ,Iam HAPPY!
    Jim
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

• world class bilge rat

Quote Originally Posted by amanda.collishaw View Post
    8.5 hour day. So tired. Can't wait for the externship to be over so I'll only be there 4 days a week instead of 6. Gahhh. I may actually get re-acquainted with this concept I've heard of. I think it's called sleep? Anyone know anything about that?
    Funny you should mention sleep, Amanda. We were just discussing insomnia.

lol.

The worst I've ever worked was about 7 or 8 years ago. I wired a power plant control house near Vegas. The job started in mid-June, and went until the end of September.

We started out with 6-10 hour days, then it went to 6-12s, and the last few weeks were 7-12s.

After a while, you forget what day of the week it is, then you remember that it doesn't even matter anyhow.

A few days, it was over 120º. It's funny, when you drive past one of those signs with the temperature and it's 95º and it's not even light out yet, you know you're in for a long one!!

But remember, just take it one day at a time, and soon enough, the nice easy 4 day weeks will be here.

• Future Cast Member

Does he have to keep a log book? Coz DOT requires I think a certain amount of hours between runs and no more than 12 hours behind the wheel. When my husband drove overline he sometimes kept two log books... But he was driving to Reno and Salt Lake at that time.

But sounds like a cool ap. I've heard about it before

---------- Post added 08-09-2011 at 09:53 PM ----------

Thats interesting.... our school starts at 7:11, and they get out at 1:40 I think it is. I like starting that early... but then I don't have to function... that well... first think in the morning. I just have to show up
    Clocking in is digital, but I think he keeps a log book, too. It's 12 hours, but he says they get around it by counting the other two as overtime. He has to go into work a lot earlier than he can clock in, though, while he helps with the trucks and paperwork and everything, so he goes in 30-70 minutes before he even clocks in, it's really crazy.

• world class bilge rat

Naw, none of us will EVER catch up to you!!

lol.

• Grim Grinning

Funny you should mention sleep, Amanda. We were just discussing insomnia.

lol.

The worst I've ever worked was about 7 or 8 years ago. I wired a power plant control house near Vegas. The job started in mid-June, and went until the end of September.

We started out with 6-10 hour days, then it went to 6-12s, and the last few weeks were 7-12s.

After a while, you forget what day of the week it is, then you remember that it doesn't even matter anyhow.

A few days, it was over 120º. It's funny, when you drive past one of those signs with the temperature and it's 95º and it's not even light out yet, you know you're in for a long one!!

But remember, just take it one day at a time, and soon enough, the nice easy 4 day weeks will be here.
    The cashier got there at 4 I think and said it was hot out. I said I'd been in the tiny, windowless kitchen since 8 and had no idea what it even looked like outside let alone what the weather was like lol. I've stopped knowing what day it was a while ago. Thankfully thursday is my last day of externship. After that, I work less days and only about 5.5 hours a day I think.

• world class bilge rat

The cashier got there at 4 I think and said it was hot out. I said I'd been in the tiny, windowless kitchen since 8 and had no idea what it even looked like outside let alone what the weather was like lol. I've stopped knowing what day it was a while ago. Thankfully thursday is my last day of externship. After that, I work less days and only about 5.5 hours a day I think.
    So, Thursday, we celebrate!!

Wait; by the time Thursday rolls around, you'll be way to tired.......

lol.

And I bet the tiny windowless kitchen was more than a bit hotter than outside too!

• sleepy lagoon

Tiny, windowless kitchen... I think I have one of those.

• Lord of the Sky

Blog Entries

Well ,I know one thing it is 10:16pm now...
    way past my BEDTIME......
    if I sleep or do not sleep ,that is the
    question

Have to try.......

GOOD NIGHT ALL.........Best in DREAM's
    Nanner's ......JIM
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Yes, sleep is good....

I think , that is next to never....Aunt PENGY........lest I had ,little trill for tonight!
    that OK..........long with my FRIENDS
    So ,Iam HAPPY!
    Jim
    Glad you had a fun time in here with us tonight Jim!

Quote Originally Posted by ChessurInWonderland View Post
    Clocking in is digital, but I think he keeps a log book, too. It's 12 hours, but he says they get around it by counting the other two as overtime. He has to go into work a lot earlier than he can clock in, though, while he helps with the trucks and paperwork and everything, so he goes in 30-70 minutes before he even clocks in, it's really crazy.
    That beyond sucks... and is borderline illegal... but with jobs so short right now and people happy just to have any job, I understand his doing what he has to do to keep that paycheck coming in.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Future Cast Member

Thank goodness my kitchen has some windows. But it still feels tiny because there's so much food everywhere. We buy food in bulk, and a lot of it because my brothers go through it sooo fast. We have a pantry built into the house, and then we brought two big shelf open pantry things to stick things on, then we stuff the cabinets and the top of the fridge and fill the shelves, but we still end up packing countertops and tables with food, too. If it was windowless I'd go crazy when I was in there. I feel like our kitchen needs to be bigger, and have aisles like a grocery store just so I can find a simple slice of bread.

• sleepy lagoon

Well ,I know one thing it is 10:16pm now...
    way past my BEDTIME......
    if I sleep or do not sleep ,that is the
    question

Have to try.......

GOOD NIGHT ALL.........Best in DREAM's
    Nanner's ......JIM

I thought the question was "To be or not to be..."

Have a good night, Jim!

• Grim Grinning

So, Thursday, we celebrate!!

Wait; by the time Thursday rolls around, you'll be way to tired.......

lol.

And I bet the tiny windowless kitchen was more than a bit hotter than outside too!
    Hahaha yeah, it's hot in there before the ovens go on. So it's all sorts of magical by noon.

Quote Originally Posted by my7dwarves View Post
    Tiny, windowless kitchen... I think I have one of those.
    They're horrible. Get a window somehow lol. Take a wall out. I wish our kitchen had a window.

• world class bilge rat

This seems to be a recurring issue, but once again, it's getting late.

I think I'll at least try to get some shuteye. But will very likely fail, as usual!

Nanners everyone.