Page 13 of 136 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516233863113 ... LastLast

• Minion

Re: RCMC # 114: Llama's floating along, on the inner tube of life....

Quote Originally Posted by ReverendGonzo View Post
    Indeed...It's only taken me 15 years so far.
    What is your degree going to be in?
    BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

• Ex-Marvel stockholder

Blog Entries

I'm going to be a big fat nurse

Apparently there is nothing that cannot happen today. - Mark Twain
    The Adventures of the Gonzo Family and the Diminishing Bank Account
    The Adventures of the Gonzo Family and the Temple of the Defaulted Loan

Shameless plug: I have a Band and You can buy our music at
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/zom...er/id514847110

• Minion

I'm going to be a big fat nurse
    Thats awesome!

• Ex-Marvel stockholder

Blog Entries

Yeah, It took a long time to finally get a plan together, and it's working out pretty well so far. Just gotta keep my eye on the ball.

• Future Cast Member

I've been in such a sad state lately. I don't know what's wrong with me. I just can't be cheerful today. I'm bored, but I'm not looking forward to going back to school because I have no friends and I hate walking home. It's not that I miss my old school, though, either. Also, I feel so out in the middle of nowhere, I wish I could go to Disneyland more and lived closer to Disneyland. This weekend my stepdad, mom, and I all were out all weekend, and now that it's the week again I feel so bored and sad for some reason. I've also been contemplating becoming a vegetarian instead of vegan because, even though I really want to be vegan, I don't live near any health food stores that have good vegan substitutes and ingredients, I have no cooking skills at all, and I miss easy convenient things like grilled cheese or microwave mac and cheese, but at the same time I realize I need to practice to learn to cook and I just feel lazy sometimes, and also I'd feel bad because I really want to be vegan and would feel bad if I stopped just because it wasn't convenient. It bugs me more when I go out and see battered things that could have milk or eggs or see cookies, cupcakes, and fudge that I could make myself at home but it's not as convenient and in some situations, like the food at Disneyland, it won't be as good. I think I just feel sad about every aspect of my life right now. I don't know what I want to do when I grow up, either. I want to work at Disney somehow, but I don't know what I'd do.

• Ex-Marvel stockholder

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ChessurInWonderland View Post
    I've been in such a sad state lately. I don't know what's wrong with me. I just can't be cheerful today. I'm bored, but I'm not looking forward to going back to school because I have no friends and I hate walking home. It's not that I miss my old school, though, either. Also, I feel so out in the middle of nowhere, I wish I could go to Disneyland more and lived closer to Disneyland. This weekend my stepdad, mom, and I all were out all weekend, and now that it's the week again I feel so bored and sad for some reason. I've also been contemplating becoming a vegetarian instead of vegan because, even though I really want to be vegan, I don't live near any health food stores that have good vegan substitutes and ingredients, I have no cooking skills at all, and I miss easy convenient things like grilled cheese or microwave mac and cheese, but at the same time I realize I need to practice to learn to cook and I just feel lazy sometimes, and also I'd feel bad because I really want to be vegan and would feel bad if I stopped just because it wasn't convenient. It bugs me more when I go out and see battered things that could have milk or eggs or see cookies, cupcakes, and fudge that I could make myself at home but it's not as convenient and in some situations, like the food at Disneyland, it won't be as good. I think I just feel sad about every aspect of my life right now. I don't know what I want to do when I grow up, either. I want to work at Disney somehow, but I don't know what I'd do.
    Meh, Don't fret so much. You have plenty of time to figure it out. The Vegetarian/Vegan lifestyle is a tough one to take on. I couldn't do it, but, maybe you should hit it in stages. You don't have to be that hardcore as long as you're making the conscious effort to get to that place. Baby steps are great, plus, you always have friends with the RCMC around. We're crazy, but, we're always around.

• Minion

Sorry to hear your in a rough spot! Remember that at the end life is what you make of it! When school starts back up its a new begining just because you don't have friends going in doesn't mean you won't soon after! Being a teacher I love seeing kids connect to someone new! Open yourself to possiblities and you can do anything like learning to cook that could be your new adventure and it really is not as hard as it sounds! And like the Rev said this is a little family here and we are always ready to support! Hope you get feeling better soon!

• Future Cast Member

Meh, Don't fret so much. You have plenty of time to figure it out. The Vegetarian/Vegan lifestyle is a tough one to take on. I couldn't do it, but, maybe you should hit it in stages. You don't have to be that hardcore as long as you're making the conscious effort to get to that place. Baby steps are great, plus, you always have friends with the RCMC around. We're crazy, but, we're always around.
    Thanks, and yeah, I've been fine for three months, then I went to the fair over the weekend and saw all these good vegetarian foods that either weren't vegan or I wasn't sure about and I don't like having to ask about all the little ingredients every time I want to eat something, and normally I don't think about it but when I do I just make myself feel restricted.
    I love coming to the RCMC, I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have all my friends here.

Quote Originally Posted by mickdaddy View Post
    Sorry to hear your in a rough spot! Remember that at the end life is what you make of it! When school starts back up its a new begining just because you don't have friends going in doesn't mean you won't soon after! Being a teacher I love seeing kids connect to someone new! Open yourself to possiblities and you can do anything like learning to cook that could be your new adventure and it really is not as hard as it sounds! And like the Rev said this is a little family here and we are always ready to support! Hope you get feeling better soon!
    Thanks, I'm going to try to be more social, but it's just hard for me to really jump into a conversation and make friends by myself. I know a lot of people and have acquaintances, but I don't really have any close friends.

• sleepy lagoon

Oh Chess.... I feel for ya.

You know, I have a daughter that is your age, and she has been having a rough time lately too. I have spent the last several days just talking, listening and crying with her. Sometimes you just gotta do that...and it is perfectly normal!

She has some of the same issues that you describe with the friends and all. She hates being surrounded by such shallow kids, that seem to live for nothing that is truly of importance. I have told her that that is the way the world is for the most part. It is rare you can find people that really understand you and you can connect with. When you find those friends, they are usually friends for life. But they are few and far between. Everyone else is just a passing acquaintance.

When I was your age, I grew up in the Inland Empire (Fontana). Back then, it was not the town it is now. There was nothing there to do! You had to go to San Bernadino or Ontario to see a movie or shop.

My parents divorced when I was 14, so at that point, I was stuck in the house every day watching my younger brother. We were not allowed to have anyone over, go outside or to even answer the phone! And this was before the internet and computers, so I was REALLY isolated. I completely know how you feel. Hang in there. At the very least, you have your RCMC family to hang with!

As for being a vegan... it is a hard lifestyle. I know I shared with you before that my brother and his wife are vegans. But they live in Santa Cruz, and there are many there who live varied alternative lifestyles, so it is easier to eat and shop and all.

Just take it one day at a time. When you can eat vegan, then do it. But if you have to go vegetarian, then that's okay too. You are doing your best, and that is all you can do. Don't beat yourself up over having a bit of dairy, etc. Remember, it is not about what you eat ot drink that determines your worth or righteousness before God....

Your heart is in the right place and one day you will be able to follow it. I know it!

• Ex-Marvel stockholder

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by my7dwarves View Post

You know, I have a daughter that is your age, and she has been having a rough time lately too. I have spent the last several days just talking, listening and crying with her. Sometimes you just gotta do that...and it is perfectly normal!

She has some of the same issues that you describe with the friends and all. She hates being surrounded by such shallow kids, that seem to live for nothing that is truly of importance. I have told her that that is the way the world is for the most part. It is rare you can find people that really understand you and you can connect with. When you find those friends, they are usually friends for life. But they are few and far between. Everyone else is just a passing acquaintance.

When I was your age, I grew up in the Inland Empire (Fontana). Back then, it was not the town it is now. There was nothing there to do! You had to go to San Bernadino or Ontario to see a movie or shop.

My parents divorced when I was 14, so at that point, I was stuck in the house every day watching my younger brother. We were not allowed to have anyone over, go outside or to even answer the phone! And this was before the internet and computers, so I was REALLY isolated. I completely know how you feel. Hang in there. At the very least, you have your RCMC family to hang with!

As for being a vegan... it is a hard lifestyle. I know I shared with you before that my brother and his wife are vegans. But they live in Santa Cruz, and there are many there who live varied alternative lifestyles, so it is easier to eat and shop and all.

Just take it one day at a time. When you can eat vegan, then do it. But if you have to go vegetarian, then that's okay too. You are doing your best, and that is all you can do. Don't beat yourself up over having a bit of dairy, etc. Remember, it is not about what you eat ot drink that determines your worth or righteousness before God....

Your heart is in the right place and one day you will be able to follow it. I know it!
    Ignore everything I said. Listen to this.

• sleepy lagoon

Ignore everything I said. Listen to this.
    Josh!

You have some pretty darn good advice yourself. And I don't say something unless I mean it, lol.

• Ex-Marvel stockholder

Blog Entries

Josh!

You have some pretty darn good advice yourself. And I don't say something unless I mean it, lol.
    I bow down to your wisdom. Things are a lot different from when I was a little girl...hahahaha

• Future Cast Member

Yeah, now that I think about it, I didn't really have close friends at my old school, either. I ate lunch with them and went over to their houses, but I don't think any of us really understood each other or shared much of what we were going through at the time with each other. Here I have an acquaintance I talked to last year, she used to live in Anaheim so we talk about Disney and OC a lot, but she's moving back to Anaheim and won't even be here next school year. I had another acquaintance that liked Disney and would talk about it with me, but I only had one class with her and we had different lunches so I never really got to see or talk to her much, but maybe we'll have the same lunch next year and some classes so we can become friends. I know I'll meet more people next year when I have different classes, but I'm just dreading going back to school now in case I don't. I like my school and I like my classes and everything, but social aspects of it are what scare me.

I'm in a similar situation where I've been watching my brothers all day and don't go outside or have anyone over, but I'm glad I at least have the internet and all my friends here. Plus, Disney is such a huge part of my life, I've always used it to get my mind off things so MiceChat is really great for me because I can see pictures and read about it and discuss it with friends that also love Disney as much as I do, even if I can't go as often anymore. And being with others who have Disney withdrawals helps with them, since in real life everyone thinks I'm crazy for missing Disneyland so much or knowing exactly how many days since I've been and everything.

Yeah, I think I might just eat vegetarian when I'm out, but eat mostly vegan. The biggest thing for me is going to Disneyland, and seeing the cookies, caramel apples, fudge, four cheese pasta, cheddar corn bread, cinnamon rolls, and things like that. This past weekend it was the fair, hadn't been for years, and every year we used to get Australian battered potatoes, and I had some without really thinking about it, then after eating I realized it probably had egg and milk in the batter, but I didn't regret eating it like I usually do if I make a mistake. It's so weird the way we have memories associated with food and we can bond with food. It just was so simple eating with my family something we'd drove all the way here mainly for and used to wait every year for, it's odd. I don't think I'd go as far as eating meat, though i have memories of eating unbelievably large corn dogs with my family at Disneyland, but I think I just will eat the same but not call myself a vegan and not worry about some trace ingredients that may be in foods when I'm out, besides maybe an occasional grilled cheese or mac and cheese at home when I'm just feeling really lazy about cooking or bored with meals I make with minimal ingredients when I don't have interesting vegan ingredients.

• Ex-Marvel stockholder

Blog Entries

Yeah, now that I think about it, I didn't really have close friends at my old school, either. I ate lunch with them and went over to their houses, but I don't think any of us really understood each other or shared much of what we were going through at the time with each other. Here I have an acquaintance I talked to last year, she used to live in Anaheim so we talk about Disney and OC a lot, but she's moving back to Anaheim and won't even be here next school year. I had another acquaintance that liked Disney and would talk about it with me, but I only had one class with her and we had different lunches so I never really got to see or talk to her much, but maybe we'll have the same lunch next year and some classes so we can become friends. I know I'll meet more people next year when I have different classes, but I'm just dreading going back to school now in case I don't. I like my school and I like my classes and everything, but social aspects of it are what scare me.

I'm in a similar situation where I've been watching my brothers all day and don't go outside or have anyone over, but I'm glad I at least have the internet and all my friends here. Plus, Disney is such a huge part of my life, I've always used it to get my mind off things so MiceChat is really great for me because I can see pictures and read about it and discuss it with friends that also love Disney as much as I do, even if I can't go as often anymore. And being with others who have Disney withdrawals helps with them, since in real life everyone thinks I'm crazy for missing Disneyland so much or knowing exactly how many days since I've been and everything.

Yeah, I think I might just eat vegetarian when I'm out, but eat mostly vegan. The biggest thing for me is going to Disneyland, and seeing the cookies, caramel apples, fudge, four cheese pasta, cheddar corn bread, cinnamon rolls, and things like that. This past weekend it was the fair, hadn't been for years, and every year we used to get Australian battered potatoes, and I had some without really thinking about it, then after eating I realized it probably had egg and milk in the batter, but I didn't regret eating it like I usually do if I make a mistake. It's so weird the way we have memories associated with food and we can bond with food. It just was so simple eating with my family something we'd drove all the way here mainly for and used to wait every year for, it's odd. I don't think I'd go as far as eating meat, though i have memories of eating unbelievably large corn dogs with my family at Disneyland, but I think I just will eat the same but not call myself a vegan and not worry about some trace ingredients that may be in foods when I'm out, besides maybe an occasional grilled cheese or mac and cheese at home when I'm just feeling really lazy about cooking or bored with meals I make with minimal ingredients when I don't have interesting vegan ingredients.
    AAAAuuuuggg....I'm sorry what...I just got really really hungry.

• Future Cast Member

AAAAuuuuggg....I'm sorry what...I just got really really hungry.
    Lol that's the way I feel. And Disneyland has so many vegan options, even their popcorn is vegan, but there are a few things that I still miss and want when I visit like everything in the bakery and confectionery and the cheese pasta and cheddar corn bread at French Market.