Page 134 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3484109124131132133134135136 LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 2032

• Grim Grinning

Re: RCMC # 114: Llama's floating along, on the inner tube of life....

Quote Originally Posted by mickdaddy View Post
    If we are going to do that can I suggest that Austin Texas become the part of Utah I live in?
    I just need Dallas to be closer than it is lol but yes, we can do that!

• Minion

I really need to figure out how I am going to make it through an 8 hour training on the new English common Core and how it effects all of the teachers in our state. I can not tell you how rough this is going to be!

I did survive the first day back however have so much to get done before first day of classes next monday!

---------- Post added 08-15-2011 at 08:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by amanda.collishaw View Post
    Thanks!
    BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

• Future Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleman View Post
    JESSICA......Hope you had a good, First Day ,at school.......

Hope Everyone, Had Nice Day.....for a Monday!

My was very Long and Hard......
    as well I did not sleep good last night and now I am just glad ,be home!!!
    I see this Thread be ending soon......

JIM
    Thanks, Jim. My first day went pretty well, actually. All the things I worried about were fine, apparently everyone else didn't know where their classes were, either, and I was the first one to each of my classes, everyone else came a while after me because they'd gotten lost. I had snack and lunch with one of the people I knew from last year so luckily at least there's one person I know at lunch. I feel a bit overwhelmed right now from all this information I've gotten from my classes, but I think I'll calm down after I get through this first week or two and get into a routine. I'm glad my classes are also harder and more challenging, so I won't feel so bored in them all the time, and my teachers all seem like great teachers. I love teachers that don't give busy work or waste time in class, all my advanced class teachers are great because they sound like they're going to fill up the whole class with actual learning. Last year I finished my work in the first ten minutes of class then was bored for the rest of the time in most of my classes, so I'm glad class will actually be more beneficial this year

Quote Originally Posted by my7dwarves View Post
    I never got to do this, though I hated my pig dissection last year. We even had to skin and behead the pig, and some in the class had fun dismembering it as well. There's a California law saying students don't have to participate in dissections, and when I politely asked to get out because I didn't want to dissect an animal killed for dissection, she said, "You eat pigs all the time killed for food!" which is a perfectly valid point, if I ate meat, and I wouldn't try to get out of it, but I told her it was vegan and it was against my personal beliefs to dissect and mutilate these piglets that were taken from mothers killed for food, and asked if I could do an essay, anatomy test and/or project instead, but she said if I didn't do it I'd be written up on my record for colleges for "defiance".

• Hukuna Matata!

What Signifigance does Dallas have?

I have to go to dallas every other month, cause thats where headquarters is, dang hot and humid, and then very cold when it is not hot

• sleepy lagoon

Quote Originally Posted by Joshnyah View Post
    Hah Funny
    I am powerless to be otherwise, Josh.

And to relieve everyone's suspense, our owl pellet contained the remains of a rodent.

Good times.

---------- Post added 08-15-2011 at 07:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ChessurInWonderland View Post
    Thanks, Jim. My first day went pretty well, actually. All the things I worried about were fine, apparently everyone else didn't know where their classes were, either, and I was the first one to each of my classes, everyone else came a while after me because they'd gotten lost. I had snack and lunch with one of the people I knew from last year so luckily at least there's one person I know at lunch. I feel a bit overwhelmed right now from all this information I've gotten from my classes, but I think I'll calm down after I get through this first week or two and get into a routine. I'm glad my classes are also harder and more challenging, so I won't feel so bored in them all the time, and my teachers all seem like great teachers. I love teachers that don't give busy work or waste time in class, all my advanced class teachers are great because they sound like they're going to fill up the whole class with actual learning. Last year I finished my work in the first ten minutes of class then was bored for the rest of the time in most of my classes, so I'm glad class will actually be more beneficial this year

I never got to do this, though I hated my pig dissection last year. We even had to skin and behead the pig, and some in the class had fun dismembering it as well. There's a California law saying students don't have to participate in dissections, and when I politely asked to get out because I didn't want to dissect an animal killed for dissection, she said, "You eat pigs all the time killed for food!" which is a perfectly valid point, if I ate meat, and I wouldn't try to get out of it, but I told her it was vegan and it was against my personal beliefs to dissect and mutilate these piglets that were taken from mothers killed for food, and asked if I could do an essay, anatomy test and/or project instead, but she said if I didn't do it I'd be written up on my record for colleges for "defiance".

yay!! i am glad your first day went well. God heard all the prayers...

Sounds like you are going to have a fun year when everything settles in.

Dissection is fun. Owl pellets? Kind of gross to me for some reason. Maybe because it is vomit.

I did a cat, fetal pig, frog, shark, cow eye & heart, the whole gauntlet in high school/college. I was a biology major for half of my college career.

It was so nerve wracking worrying about the oral quizzes and tests from the professors, that I didn't worry much about anything else.

Funny how in text books all the different muscle groups are colored all these pretty colors so they are easy to identify, but you know what? The inside of organisms are not like that, so it is a heck of a time figuring out what muscle groups you are looking at, where they insert, yadda yadda yadda.

Nowadays with the new fangled computers and all, virtual dissections work pretty well, so I don't see a problem with letting a student have an alternate assignment.

• Grim Grinning

I have to go to dallas every other month, cause thats where headquarters is, dang hot and humid, and then very cold when it is not hot
    It's a mushy story. I grew up in San Jose with this guy, he was my best friend. After 6th grade, I moved away, we lost touch and he moved to Dallas at some point. 10 years later, he found me on facebook. This was two years ago now. We still have feelings for each other after all this time and we know what they are now that we're older. He wants me to move out there, but I don't wanna live out there. Neither of us can handle a long distance relationship so it's hard being so far away knowing we care about each other the way we do.

• Hukuna Matata!

It's a mushy story. I grew up in San Jose with this guy, he was my best friend. After 6th grade, I moved away, we lost touch and he moved to Dallas at some point. 10 years later, he found me on facebook. This was two years ago now. We still have feelings for each other after all this time and we know what they are now that we're older. He wants me to move out there, but I don't wanna live out there. Neither of us can handle a long distance relationship so it's hard being so far away knowing we care about each other the way we do.
    Ah how SWEET

Yeah never move to dallas though

• Grim Grinning

Ah how SWEET

Yeah, it's sweet and it sucks lol. I got tired of him having gf's so I finally layed my feelings out in plain English in December. He just decided finally to stay single. And I couldn't live in Dallas. Big bugs, etc. Plus his roommates scare me lol, I've heard stories of the shenanigans they get into.

• Future Cast Member

Yeah, I could never move that far away from Disneyland

But that's a nice story Amanda, that's too bad he doesn't live in California so you could see him

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

New thread?

May 11 - 16, 2015

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

So, I'm starting to think either nobody in all of Orangevale knows how to drive or Orangevale changed the speed limit on every road to 35mph. The more I go out, the more I really don't like people lol.
    Um... sounds like where I am....

The same thing we do every day off Amanda. Try to take over the world!

Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post
    Pinky and the Brain!!!!

Josh, if this were fb, I would "like" the post.

Drats, the Adele songs have started again. So...if a girl keeps listening to sad songs, does it mean the same thing as when a guy does it?

Also, the world isn't worth as much as it were back in the 90's Animaniacs era so I say it's not cost effective at all to take over the world nowadays. Sad but true!
    I dunno what does it mean when a guy does it?

Our animals are the same way. Figaro used to claw at the bathroom door heaven forbid I got in there without waiting for him. I could see his paws coming under the door. He'd just absolutely howl which is strange coming from a cat. He'd sit in there when I shower too. Gahh I miss my buddy. The rest of the cats will follow my mom into the bathroom, or retriever will follow me if she's on that side of the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleman View Post
    JESSICA......Hope you had a good, First Day ,at school.......

Hope Everyone, Had Nice Day.....for a Monday!

My was very Long and Hard......
    as well I did not sleep good last night and now I am just glad ,be home!!!
    I see this Thread be ending soon......

JIM
    Hey Jim! God you didn't have to bad of a day....

Um... who's going to do the next thread?

Back from lunch, Anyhing exciting going on?
    It would appear not.

Quote Originally Posted by my7dwarves View Post
    Well, if you call helping Sneezy dissect an owl pellet exciting, then yeah....
    I saw that on FB!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayley B View Post
    For a second I thought it was Pengy bring out her Mommy Stick. I was going oooooo! Excitement! When I saw this image. Then I was wondering who is the victim this time.
    I was thinking the same thing for a second!!! Um... the mommy plank... might be for effective....

Quote Originally Posted by mickdaddy View Post
    I really need to figure out how I am going to make it through an 8 hour training on the new English common Core and how it effects all of the teachers in our state. I can not tell you how rough this is going to be!

I did survive the first day back however have so much to get done before first day of classes next monday!

---------- Post added 08-15-2011 at 08:04 PM ----------

Thanks!
    Sounds.... not exciting...

I have many relatives in Texas, and some in Dallas.

Awww... hope things work out for you guys!

Jessica! Glad you had a good first day!! Buy the end of the week, you'll be in a routine!

I didn't get a nap this afternoon so I'm thinking I won't be able to stay awake long tonight.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Hukuna Matata!

Yeah, it's sweet and it sucks lol. I got tired of him having gf's so I finally layed my feelings out in plain English in December. He just decided finally to stay single. And I couldn't live in Dallas. Big bugs, etc. Plus his roommates scare me lol, I've heard stories of the shenanigans they get into.
    Good for you for giving your feelings That takes alot of guts, Remember Serindipity, if it was meant to be, it will be

But that's a nice story Amanda, that's too bad he doesn't live in California so you could see him
    Exactly, I hope to never go farther from Disneyland, sad story is I may have to move to Dallas one day for work Bleck...

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    New thread?
    Hey I think I smell the new thread smell already!

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Good for you for giving your feelings That takes alot of guts, Remember Serindipity, if it was meant to be, it will be

Exactly, I hope to never go farther from Disneyland, sad story is I may have to move to Dallas one day for work Bleck...
    But at least you would get to fly back out for free when every you wanted!

I need a job with an airline....

Hey I think I smell the new thread smell already!
    So, who's going to make the next one!?

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Grim Grinning

He wants to move back to San Jose after he graduates from UT Dallas next year. We'll see what happens.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

No volunteers.

Of course, we could max this one out a little longer.

May 11 - 16, 2015