Page 53 of 136 FirstFirst ... 32843505152535455566378103 ... LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Re: RCMC # 114: Llama's floating along, on the inner tube of life....

Ashley!!! I didn't leave... I was just looking through recipies in a vegetarian magazine I got today. I'm not vegetarian, but I'd like to start eating less meat.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Never give in.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    Ashley!!! I didn't leave... I was just looking through recipies in a vegetarian magazine I got today. I'm not vegetarian, but I'd like to start eating less meat.
    Yay!

I couldn't give up chicken. Or cheeseburgers.
    ♥ "Don't care about all the pain in front of me
    'Cause I'm just trying to be happy." ♥

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

I admit, I do like a nice steak, med rare off the grill... But I need to cut down our weekly meat intake. 7 days a week is not needed. I also want to eat more fish.

Surprizingly a lot of the vegetarian recipies are not really that low in calories.

Hey Jessica...

Vegan recipes - Recipes - BBC Good Food

all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Future Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    I admit, I do like a nice steak, med rare off the grill... But I need to cut down our weekly meat intake. 7 days a week is not needed. I also want to eat more fish.

Surprizingly a lot of the vegetarian recipies are not really that low in calories.

Hey Jessica...

Vegan recipes - Recipes - BBC Good Food
    Thanks for the link! I have a few folders of vegan recipes now, it's great because I don't feel that panic that I'm going to run out of ingredients and recipes when I first became vegan and didn't eat a lot of new meals since I really couldn't cook well, but now I always have recipes in my bookmarks that I can pull out and match with the ingredients I have left

For some reason one of the recipes has honey, even though of course it's not vegan, since it's kind of lto bees what milk is to cows and eggs are to chickens, but I'll just replace it with agave nectar and it should work since they have the same taste and consistency

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ChessurInWonderland View Post
    Thanks for the link! I have a few folders of vegan recipes now, it's great because I don't feel that panic that I'm going to run out of ingredients and recipes when I first became vegan and didn't eat a lot of new meals since I really couldn't cook well, but now I always have recipes in my bookmarks that I can pull out and match with the ingredients I have left
    Your welcome! That one tomato salad they had listed looked pretty good....

Alright Ashley.... finally get you back "home" and I've got to go to bed...us old folks can't hang with you young whippersnappers all hours of the night you know!! Must... colapse....

Nanners all!

• Future Cast Member

Nanners pengy!

---------- Post added 07-29-2011 at 12:00 AM ----------

Nanners everyone!

• we jumped out a window

Good morning!

Pengy, we had a pt. count of 84 yesterday. Moreover, we are using a new software system on Monday and hardly anyone knows how to use it. Great times ahead next week!

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Good grief... we don't even have 84 beds!! And I love software updates... NOT! They just changed our system that we use to clock in. It was suppose to make it easier so we could make our own corrections and we wouldn't have to write them in the the tech time book and the supervisors wouldn't have to spend DAYS fixing them... Yeah... we put the corrections in the computer (if we can figure out how) but they still have to be approved and signed off by the supers.

A 1 hour training session on the new system and they thought we are good to go. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I'm sure they did the same thing with you guys and your new program.

Progress... whoopie.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I remember my brother telling me about a new system that they instituted at his job. They sent him to a training class. They handed their bread truck drivers these new little electronic
    devices that were supposed to make their jobs easier. I remember my brother complaining, about how much longer it now took to do his job. He was used to doing everything with a paper invoice, and he could do the math in his head. I remember him saying they just made his job a whole lot tougher, not easier.

I guess the younger generation is quicker to catch on to all these little electronic devices, and how they operate. The same with computers. Even my husband who is pretty computer smart complains every time his employer changes things, or wants to bring in any kind of new system.

My Friday has been pretty uneventful. I really should take a nice warm bath, and wash my hair today. The weather outside hasn't changed much. Too much rain, and high temperatures. I can't believe it's almost August already.

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

I'm always skeptical when they say "this new thing will make the job so much easier and faster!" Nine times out of 10, the opposite is true.

No rain here but its really getting overcast outside and muggy. No using the swap cooler today for me.

• Future Cast Member

Yeah, I'm not always a big fan of technology. I love it in my personal life, I like computers and phones and TVs and all that stuff of course, but I don't like technology in other places, like at school. When I switched from a small private school to a public school in sixth grade it was shocking because teachers use powerpoints and things like that for everything. I miss when teachers would just write on the board, draw their own diagrams, and explain everything personally. In public school they have six classes a day, so yeah it'd be harder work than just making one powerpoint and running it on a loop all day, but I think the extra work would really impact learning, it's more one on one interacting. With powerpoints, teachers still explain, but the powerpoint seems to kind of create a wall if that makes sense.

In other ways, though, where technology and learning can come together, it's interesting. Last year in my math class we got new digital whiteboards. They can be projected on like a screen and it came with pens that can be used on the big screen like a mouse on the computer, or like a giant tablet with the computer. The teacher could have a powerpoint with basic definitions and examples for the chapter already written up there, but he could use the digital pen to work with the examples, drag in previous chapters to make connections between lessons, and things like that. When we had presentations, we could make our own powerpoints and do the same. It also broke the wall powerpoints create since the pens could act as a mouse, so he wasn't sitting at his computer clicking through the powerpoint, he could just do it while teaching.

Also, last year we got a game system to play in math. We all got a game remote and then the digital whiteboard would have a question and we'd use the game remote to type in the answer. It was anonymous, we all got to participate, and it was fun. After each question, it would show clips like rockets racing, and each rocket would have a different number that matched up with the remote we had that day to show who the top five in the class currently were. It was fun because it helped and made us learn before a test, and it was also a good competitive game.
    Last edited by ChessurInWonderland; 07-29-2011 at 10:42 AM.

• Triple Goddess

I see that Ms. Ashley stopped by here last night. I do hope she plans on making a repeat appearance.

It is really ugly looking outside. And hot. Weird.

The triple C's only have a week and a half before they go back to school. Me = But they are more like and maybe even a little But hopefully not

And yes, I am a little bored. :

---------- Post added 07-29-2011 at 12:44 PM ----------

And there is probably no nutritional value in a tictac is there? That is my healthy lunch. Yay me.

• Future Cast Member

Tic Tacs are yummy

---------- Post added 07-29-2011 at 02:02 PM ----------

I only have two weeks of summer left

---------- Post added 07-29-2011 at 02:42 PM ----------

So is that girl that does the MiceChatter videos actually a member here?

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

My sister in law's granddaughter finally sent me a photo of her brand new son. He was born a month ago, and this is the first that I have heard about it. I knew the baby was coming, so I mailed a package. My sister in law is terrible about telling people anything. I saw her at my son's wedding, and I asked her to call when the baby came. Anyway, he came, and is obviously a healthy child. At least he sure looks healthy in these great pictures that I got today. Now I will send Brittany, (that's the mom's name) a note, and congratulate her again on her beautiful son.

• Future Cast Member

The baby's so cute!