Page 132 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3282107122129130131132133134 LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 2004

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: RCMC# 116: We don't always have a llama, but when we do he drinks all the rum!

Welcome Dave. We use first names here sometimes and usernames as well.

Random is definitelly the best way to describe what goes on here.

I am presently waiting for my contractor to show up at my house. I am having my attic remodeled, and they are finally doing the electric today. It's been a long and tedious project, so I am both excited, and nervous today.

• Sgt. Mgr. Melfunction (:

Re: RCMC# 116: We don't always have a llama, but when we do he drinks all the rum!

Appointment at 9 so I better be off!
    I will pop back in when I am home, and then tomorrow morning it is off to Cabo San Lucas for me!

• Sha-lalalalala my oh my

I have to get up and do stuff but I really don't want too...

I'm starting up a law firm so I'm doing some research most of today. Hoping my website goes public pretty soon. Very excited but a tad nervous to go out on my own. Mostly excited though.
    This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is mine.

• Sha-lalalalala my oh my

Welcome to the thread Dave! The RCMC is a pretty amazing place...glad to have you! I'm Lolo or Lauren, nice to meet you

---------- Post added 10-27-2011 at 09:47 AM ----------

Congratulations! What type of law? I know a couple of people that own their own law firm from my work.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

The electrician is working pretty quickly. I have had to put him on the phone with my furnace guy however, since they know the technical stuff. I'd make a terrible interpreter.

Quote Originally Posted by DJM View Post
    I'm starting up a law firm so I'm doing some research most of today. Hoping my website goes public pretty soon. Very excited but a tad nervous to go out on my own. Mostly excited though.
    Exciting! The RCMC can be rather distracting.. not the place to be when there is work to be done

Quote Originally Posted by Lolo View Post
    Welcome to the thread Dave! The RCMC is a pretty amazing place...glad to have you! I'm Lolo or Lauren, nice to meet you
    It is rather amazing in here

Well, I am hope from my appointment. When I got home I went downstairs to go play with Chuck.. when I get a call from Miss Amanda. Seems that the kitchen at the cupcake shop decided to flood! So, I got to bring Amanda another pair of shoes and a crescent wrench. I got paid in a cupcake for my services

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

A lawyer in the house. That's pretty cool.

• Grim Grinning

Alrighty, home and dry. Our hot water faucet decided to come loose and spray boiling water all over the place. SUCH a mess. There's still water dripping off the ceiling. I got the cupcakes outta the kitchen in a hurry so they didn't get wet. Can't say the same for the boss and I. We looked like we fell into a pool.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    A lawyer in the house. That's pretty cool.
    Yep! Working on some form documents that I can use for clients. Fee agreements, power of attorney documents and such.

Reading California state law on client trust accounts right now. In short, when I end up with a client's property (i.e. money), I have to put it in a special bank account. The interest earned goes directly to the state bar. From there, the state bar divides the interest amongst the various public service legal clinics across the state. It's pretty cool actually.

But there's a lot of rules on how to handle these accounts (and a massive responsibility!!!).
    This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is mine.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I have light in my attic. The contractor is going to call in for the electric inspection, and I will be one step closer to having my attic finally finished. I can actually go up there tonite, and take pictures with the lights on. That is so cool.

I am excited!

• Future Cast Member

Ugh, we changed seats today in world history. my new desk had a hello kitty picture drawn on it, from one of the earlier classes or the day. So the teacher was walking through class, and then all of a sudden grabbed my papers up to look at the picture and told me to erase it. I think she thinks I graffiti'd the desk, now, unless she was just asking me to do a favor but I don't think so, she sounded kind of angry I guess. I didn't try to explain because I think if I tried to explain that I'd erase it but didn't draw it, then I would probably come off as defiant or combative, no matter how well I say it. It's really upsetting me now, because even if she forgets that she saw it and everything, she'll probably subconsciously have negative connotations with me, thinking that I graffiti'd one of the desks in her room. I have a 100% in the class, but I'm still afraid that she thinks I'm a bad student now. I had a great day, and then a moment later when that happened, I started feeling all paranoid and stressed.

• What Time Taught Us

Midterm #2 went okay.... it was for the class Cities and Social Difference. I'm not sure how I did. that's always the worst feeling. at least I KNOW I failed midterm #1. lol.

now I just have a Latin quiz tomorrow which is actually going to be pretty hard. we're only on week 5, but this class has already surpassed what I've learned in Latin during my senior year of high school! insanity.

I'll be so happy tomorrow after the quiz! it'll be halloween, a pretty chill week, and then Disneyland. woo! I'm getting an AP.

---------- Post added 10-27-2011 at 04:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ChessurInWonderland View Post
    Ugh, we changed seats today in world history. my new desk had a hello kitty picture drawn on it, from one of the earlier classes or the day. So the teacher was walking through class, and then all of a sudden grabbed my papers up to look at the picture and told me to erase it. I think she thinks I graffiti'd the desk, now, unless she was just asking me to do a favor but I don't think so, she sounded kind of angry I guess. I didn't try to explain because I think if I tried to explain that I'd erase it but didn't draw it, then I would probably come off as defiant or combative, no matter how well I say it. It's really upsetting me now, because even if she forgets that she saw it and everything, she'll probably subconsciously have negative connotations with me, thinking that I graffiti'd one of the desks in her room. I have a 100% in the class, but I'm still afraid that she thinks I'm a bad student now. I had a great day, and then a moment later when that happened, I started feeling all paranoid and stressed.
    jessica, you really need to stop stressing over stuff like this. you have 100% in the class! the teacher is not going to be thinking about the one time she saw hello kitty sketched onto your desk when she looks at you from now on. if you ask her for a college rec, she will not write "Jessica got an A+ in my class, but I must warn you that she is a terrible person. One time I saw a Hello Kitty doodle atop the desk she was sitting in, and I surmise that she herself sketched it there." it'll be alright!

•   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie

Hello my friends

It's a nice sunny afternoon here in the Bay Area Still in the 40's in the morning when I leave for work though. I guess if I want warmer weather I need to move to Southern Cal.......hmmm not a bad idea considering it would put me closer to Disneyland

Welcome Dave. Glad you decided to join in our small family known as the RCMC. You'll like it here, it's fun and many loving & caring members hang out here. As you get to know most of us it'll become like an extension of your family. You'll see some members here on a daily basis and others when they are able to drop by.

Rough day, I wish I was just in Mexico already