Page 21 of 135 FirstFirst ... 1118192021222324314671121 ... LastLast

• Delawarean Girl

Re: RCMC # 117 - The Halloween Edition - Make Sure To Leave The Light On!

Hello Lolo. Thanks for bring it up again. I want to checkout Pengy's costume.

I'm starting to become a little bit like Barbara with Facebook. I just lost interest in those Zynga games since September. I kind of don't want to get into them anymore. It's becoming more and more like a chore. Just like Neopets was. But I'll be there for my friends and family though.

• Minion

wow I can tell I was busy with the end of the first term at school already 21 pages into the new thread!

Happy Halloween Everyone!

So Anyone going to the Trick or Treat party tonight?
    BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Quote Originally Posted by ChessurInWonderland View Post
    I'm a sophomore in high school.
    Grades are very important, but college admissions is a game that is NOT based on meritocracy. You just need to understand how they play the game. I wish I did when applying to colleges. Graduated with a 4.3 GPA in high school and I really think I could have gotten myself into a top tier college if I played the "game" better. Shoot me a message if you want any tips I've learned with the college and grad school application process.
    This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is mine.

• Ex-Marvel stockholder

Blog Entries

Hello, everyone! Here's hoping your Halloween is full of things that are bad for you.

Apparently there is nothing that cannot happen today. - Mark Twain
    The Adventures of the Gonzo Family and the Diminishing Bank Account
    The Adventures of the Gonzo Family and the Temple of the Defaulted Loan

Shameless plug: I have a Band and You can buy our music at
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/zom...er/id514847110

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

The electrician was back at my house today, and he checked everything out. I guess some wires were frayed or something. Now the circuit breaker is staying on, intead of tripping every time someone turned on the new tracklights in Sean's room.

Just a few people in my family use Facebook. I wish that my remaining family members would pick up the phone more often, but they don't. I wish that we were closer, but we aren't. I do see my side of the family at Christmastime, but the rest of the year my contact with my family is very sporadic. Sometimes, I envy other family's closeness, but it just isn't that way with mine.

That's why it's extra specially nice to have the RCMC. I can bounce off my day to day feelings here. It always makes me feel better.

It's nice to hear all the discussions that go on in here about college. I never went, but my husband did, and he loved it. I told him that when he retires, he should return to school, and take classes just for the enjoyment that he would get.

• Lord of the Sky

Blog Entries

Hello Every One
    This my last day of rest and taken it easy , from my cold ....I have to go back to work, tomorrow !

Aunt Pengy
    ,My though's and prayer's ,is still be with your daughter,,,,that she well soon!!!
    also her school ,will all work out......try not to stress to much.......
    But I undersatnd ,of you being a Mom!!!

Thos of You, into Halloween.....please be safe......and enjoy!
    Take Care and have a Good Day!......
    Jim
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

• Hukuna Matata!

Hi :-)

• Delawarean Girl

Hello MiceChatters that just came in. RCMC just a little busy. That's good

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

A lot of our missing members have checked in with us today. That gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling this Halloween Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    The electrician was back at my house today, and he checked everything out. I guess some wires were frayed or something. Now the circuit breaker is staying on, intead of tripping every time someone turned on the new tracklights in Sean's room.

Just a few people in my family use Facebook. I wish that my remaining family members would pick up the phone more often, but they don't. I wish that we were closer, but we aren't. I do see my side of the family at Christmastime, but the rest of the year my contact with my family is very sporadic. Sometimes, I envy other family's closeness, but it just isn't that way with mine.

That's why it's extra specially nice to have the RCMC. I can bounce off my day to day feelings here. It always makes me feel better.

It's nice to hear all the discussions that go on in here about college. I never went, but my husband did, and he loved it. I told him that when he retires, he should return to school, and take classes just for the enjoyment that he would get.
    Ever think about going back yourself?
    This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is mine.

• Hukuna Matata!

Oh yeah happy halloween everyone.

• What Time Taught Us

dressed up for halloween and went to class... pretty much no one else is dressed up. awkward. lol. oh well.

I'm Harry Potter!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DJM View Post
    Ever think about going back yourself?
    No. I never had any interest in college. Not the first time around, and definitely not now. College is for those who really want to be there. I often wonder how many students are there because of their parents demands. Of course we do live in a time when college seems to be a necessity. A bigger necessity however, is jobs. Both for the college educated, and those with lesser education and skills.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lolo View Post
    Good morning all! Jody, I saw your costume on facebook! I love it.
    A couple people are dressed up at school..oh how i love the history department
    Thanks! Friday some of my coworkers were saying we were suppose to be witches... well uh.. I didn't get the memo in time... so I did my penguin instead!! Maybe later I'll try to figure out how to do pics in here for those that don't have FB.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayley B View Post
    Hello Lolo. Thanks for bring it up again. I want to checkout Pengy's costume.

I'm starting to become a little bit like Barbara with Facebook. I just lost interest in those Zynga games since September. I kind of don't want to get into them anymore. It's becoming more and more like a chore. Just like Neopets was. But I'll be there for my friends and family though.
    Yeah, I started a habitarium on Neopets... now I think I just want to let every thing die... its a pain.

Quote Originally Posted by mickdaddy View Post
    wow I can tell I was busy with the end of the first term at school already 21 pages into the new thread!

Happy Halloween Everyone!

So Anyone going to the Trick or Treat party tonight?
    Nope... I've got to work for a few hours at job #2 tonight....

Quote Originally Posted by DJM View Post
    Grades are very important, but college admissions is a game that is NOT based on meritocracy. You just need to understand how they play the game. I wish I did when applying to colleges. Graduated with a 4.3 GPA in high school and I really think I could have gotten myself into a top tier college if I played the "game" better. Shoot me a message if you want any tips I've learned with the college and grad school application process.
    Um... I'd take him up on the offer for info Jessica!

Quote Originally Posted by ReverendGonzo View Post
    Hello, everyone! Here's hoping your Halloween is full of things that are bad for you.
    Already has been....

If I had time... I'd post more...

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleman View Post
    Hello Every One
    This my last day of rest and taken it easy , from my cold ....I have to go back to work, tomorrow !

Aunt Pengy
    ,My though's and prayer's ,is still be with your daughter,,,,that she well soon!!!
    also her school ,will all work out......try not to stress to much.......
    But I undersatnd ,of you being a Mom!!!

Thos of You, into Halloween.....please be safe......and enjoy!
    Take Care and have a Good Day!......
    Jim
    Thanks Jim! Hope you are better too!

Quote Originally Posted by Joshnyah View Post
    Hi!

A lot of our missing members have checked in with us today. That gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling this Halloween Monday.
    Indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post
    dressed up for halloween and went to class... pretty much no one else is dressed up. awkward. lol. oh well.

I'm Harry Potter!
    hey...its just that YOU are the only one that has the spirit!

Ok...got about 20 minutes before I have to leave for work... see you guys about 9 tonight... maybe.... if I'm still awake....

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Sha-lalalalala my oh my

Quote Originally Posted by ReverendGonzo View Post
    Hi Josh!

Quote Originally Posted by Joshnyah View Post
    Hi Different Josh!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post

I'm Harry Potter!
    Haha! I saw a few Martin Luthers...it is Reformation Day today as well so that coupled with a Lutheran university called for Luthers.
    No. I never had any interest in college. Not the first time around, and definitely not now. College is for those who really want to be there. I often wonder how many students are there because of their parents demands. Of course we do live in a time when college seems to be a necessity. A bigger necessity however, is jobs. Both for the college educated, and those with lesser education and skills.
    So many people are there just because their parents want them to be and you can ALWAYS tell the difference.