Page 9 of 135 FirstFirst ... 6789101112193459109 ... LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Re: RCMC # 117 - The Halloween Edition - Make Sure To Leave The Light On!

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleman View Post
    I not going wast my time,to night .....in this room.........to many voilness...to many hurt's!
    Jim

THANK YOU AUNT PENGY.......
    Like you are ,only one that care............
    I going back to bed and read........Jim

Hey now... I see several peeps in here that commented to you and wished you a speedy recovery....

Quote Originally Posted by Hayley B View Post
    Goodnight MiceChatters.
    Nanners Hayley!

Aunt Pengy...........I know you have to go to work all weekend.....
    I will keep you in my though's,that it would not be ,to bad......

Next WED. = Nov.3 2011....I BE GOING BACK ,TO HEART DOCTOR.......
    I very nervious,about that............
    Jim
    Thanks for the thoughts Jim!

And you know we will all keep you in our thoughts when you go back to the doctor!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Lord of the Sky

Blog Entries

Goodnight MiceChatters.
    Good Night ,Hayley B Happy Dream's

Quote Originally Posted by micromind View Post
    That's terrible, Jim.

Hope you feel better soon, being sick is no fun at all.
    Thank You Rob.......I had left eary from work yesterday.........
    came home went to bed...........
    what really bad ...being alone........it worst when one is not feeling well......
    that terrible.......find myself in a hopeless state..........
    not sure you understand that or not.........Jim
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

• world class bilge rat

Quote Originally Posted by 1Disneylandfan View Post
    Again you have to take off.......you sound like a movie star or something.....
    This time might be the last one for this plant. The power co. has the line nearly complete, and when they're done we'll energize the plant.

The incoming line is 120,000 volts (the electricity in your house is 120 or 240 volts), and it's generally not a good idea to just hit the switch with that much power. There are only two guys at our company who are qualified to inspect and energize such a system. We'll both be there.

After that, hopefully, I'll be in town for a while, but we got the bid on yet another plant in Austin, Nevada. Just as far out in the boonies as this one.....

---------- Post added 10-28-2011 at 07:53 PM ----------

Goodnight MiceChatters.
    See ya later, Haley!!

---------- Post added 10-28-2011 at 07:55 PM ----------

Aunt Pengy...........I know you have to go to work all weekend.....
    I will keep you in my though's,that it would not be ,to bad......

Next WED. = Nov.3 2011....I BE GOING BACK ,TO HEART DOCTOR.......
    I very nervious,about that............
    Jim
    You'll be fine, Jim. As M7D said, Someone way bigger than any disease is on your side.......

I'll be praying for you.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Ok... need to go get my lunch for tomorrow fixed so I don't have to do it in the morning... be back in a bit...

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Lord of the Sky

Blog Entries

Sorry Aunt Pengy.........I just not doing well
    there just time ,I wish had someone to talk to....I do not......
    Jim
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

The new electricity in the attic blew a circuit this morning, and the contractor said because the new circuit breakers are more sensitive. I sure hope that the track lighting in Sean's new attic room doesn't cause this to happen a lot. That would be a real pain in the neck to live with. The electrician needs to get back here, and explain what's up, before the electric inspection on Tuesday.

• world class bilge rat

Good Night ,Hayley B Happy Dream's

Thank You Rob.......I had left eary from work yesterday.........
    came home went to bed...........
    what really bad ...being alone........it worst when one is not feeling well......
    that terrible.......find myself in a hopeless state..........
    not sure you understand that or not.........Jim
    Yeah, I've got a pretty good idea what it's like to be alone, not feeling well, and no one cares.

But people DO care about you, Jim. At least a half-dozen or so around here; including me.

I guess as long as your computer still works, you've got pals who love you and want to see you smiling again.

• sleepy lagoon

Sorry Aunt Pengy.........I just not doing well
    there just time ,I wish had someone to talk to....I do not......
    Jim
    Hey... You got us!

•   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie

This time might be the last one for this plant. The power co. has the line nearly complete, and when they're done we'll energize the plant.

The incoming line is 120,000 volts (the electricity in your house is 120 or 240 volts), and it's generally not a good idea to just hit the switch with that much power. There are only two guys at our company who are qualified to inspect and energize such a system. We'll both be there.

After that, hopefully, I'll be in town for a while, but we got the bid on yet another plant in Austin, Nevada. Just as far out in the boonies as this one.....
    WOW now that's a lot of power, almost scary That's good that someone else will be there with you to finish up that project. They like to send you to the boonies, don't they now you like to come and chat with your friends on MiceChat on a daily basis.....

---------- Post added 10-28-2011 at 08:02 PM ----------

Jim you're definitely not alone. So many of us here care about you. I know the feeling isn't exactly the same when your on a computer as opposed to being in person, but were still here for you. Whatever you need to talk about just open up, were all willing to listen and help in anyway we can.

• Lord of the Sky

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by my7dwarves View Post
    Hey... You got us!
    THANK YOU STACY........
    I just saw your post on the other page.......

I know GOD loves me......and he even have a Angle watching over me..........
    THANK YOU all also Stacy and Rob ,for your prayer's ......because I do understand the power of prayer's
    Jim

---------- Post added 10-28-2011 at 08:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 1disneylandfan View Post
    jim you're definitely not alone. So many of us here care about you. I know the feeling isn't exactly the same when your on a computer as opposed to being in person, but were still here for you. Whatever you need to talk about just open up, were all willing to listen and help in anyway we can.
    Thank You Lori.........I need the hug
    Last edited by Eagleman; 10-28-2011 at 07:13 PM.
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

My contractor put the stair treads on our new stairs, and the handrail up. Now my new front stairs look really nice, and the hall fixture that I bought is very attractive. It's actually an outside fixture, but it looks really great.

• world class bilge rat

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    The new electricity in the attic blew a circuit this morning, and the contractor said because the new circuit breakers are more sensitive. I sure hope that the track lighting in Sean's new attic room doesn't cause this to happen a lot. That would be a real pain in the neck to live with. The electrician needs to get back here, and explain what's up, before the electric inspection on Tuesday.
    Unfortunately, the new electrical code requires 'arc-fault' circuit breakers just about everywhere in a house these days.

These breakers are indeed more sensitive than the older ones; they're supposed to have circuitry built in to then that will detect an electrical arc and kill the power before it gets worse.

Unfortunately, they don't actually do as they're supposed to. In fact, the general consensus among electricians who understand electrical arcs and such is that the manufacturers basically bought a law in order to maximize profits. The requirement was VERY hotly debated by manufacturers, electricians, contractors, safety zealots, communists in government, and the like. The result was what it always is. 'Lets make a new law!!'.

When these breakers first came out, I knew there was no possible way they could do what they were advertised to do. So I bought one, installed in the electrical panel to my house, and tested it.

The test was to determine if it could detect the characteristics of an actual electrical arc. I took a piece of lamp cord, stripped about 4'' of insulation off the ends of both wires (leaving the strands flailing out in every direction), plugged it in and shook it a bit.

Sparks flew everywhere. But the breaker didn't trip. It stayed on.

My conclusion; FAIL.

But, being more sensitive than a normal breaker, they have a nasty tendency to trip when there isn't an actual problem.

The electrician who installed them can explain your particular system better than I can, but don't be surprised if he (like every other electrician) blames arc-fault breakers.

•   

THANK YOU STACY........
    I just saw your post on the other page.......

I know GOD loves me......and he even have a Angle watching over me..........
    THANK YOU all also Stacy and Rob ,for your prayer's ......because I do understand the power of prayer's
    Jim

---------- Post added 10-28-2011 at 08:09 PM ----------

Thank You Lori.........I need the hug
    Your welcome Jim. We all want you to feel better both mentally and physically

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Unfortunately, the new electrical code requires 'arc-fault' circuit breakers just about everywhere in a house these days.

These breakers are indeed more sensitive than the older ones; they're supposed to have circuitry built in to then that will detect an electrical arc and kill the power before it gets worse.

Unfortunately, they don't actually do as they're supposed to. In fact, the general consensus among electricians who understand electrical arcs and such is that the manufacturers basically bought a law in order to maximize profits. The requirement was VERY hotly debated by manufacturers, electricians, contractors, safety zealots, communists in government, and the like. The result was what it always is. 'Lets make a new law!!'.

When these breakers first came out, I knew there was no possible way they could do what they were advertised to do. So I bought one, installed in the electrical panel to my house, and tested it.

The test was to determine if it could detect the characteristics of an actual electrical arc. I took a piece of lamp cord, stripped about 4'' of insulation off the ends of both wires (leaving the strands flailing out in every direction), plugged it in and shook it a bit.

Sparks flew everywhere. But the breaker didn't trip. It stayed on.

My conclusion; FAIL.

But, being more sensitive than a normal breaker, they have a nasty tendency to trip when there isn't an actual problem.

The electrician who installed them can explain your particular system better than I can, but don't be surprised if he (like every other electrician) blames arc-fault breakers.

This is almost exactly what my general contractor told me today. I need to let Kathy read this because if this becomes a recurrent problem, she is going to be really annoyed. I was wondering if a dimmer switch on those track lights might make the electricity come on more slowly, and not cause such a surge of power, of a lot of light going on at one time. I am probably way off base on understanding this one.

THE CARDINALS ARE WORLD CHAMPS!, and I am jealous. Why can it never be my Cubs?

•   

And the Cardinals win........

---------- Post added 10-28-2011 at 08:25 PM ----------

It's even sweeter for them because they won at home! It's crazy at Busch Stadium right now too. That crowd was intense.