Page 7 of 134 FirstFirst ... 45678910173257107 ... LastLast

• Sgt. Mgr. Melfunction (:

Re: RCMC #118: Celebrate the Joy of the New Year with New Friends and Old!

Good afternoon my lovelies. Nothing but appointments today!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Today my internet went out. I checked the modem, but all the lights, except two were red. I knew right away that that meant trouble. One light was unlit all together, and just one was green, the way they all should have been. A few calls to AT&T, and they inform me that my modem of 6 years has indeed died.

So now I am using wireless, thanks to my husband's modem. AT&T was kind enough to send me a new modem. The only charge was $12.95. They said it was a "One Time" free replacement. It wouldn't be offered again. I took their offer, and I should have my new modem before next week.

In the meantime I am wondering if I should permanently share the same modem with my husband. It would save me a lot of money on my phone bill. I am just wondering how reliable it would be.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

• Future Cast Member

Wow I just found out I'm 1/8th American Indian/Native American.

As part of the custody battle for the daughter that the exwife neglected and abused, my dads exwife says that the daughter is 1/64th Native American in an effort to get the case moved to another court and her daughter to another foster home to stall the custody battle. Apparently if she can prove this (which she might not, this is the first my stepdad has heard of this), they will move her to a 'culturally sensitive' home.

However, the ex wife is sneaky but doesn't have much intelligence, and doesn't realize this helps our case. My stepdad is European in ethnicity, and she thinks my mom is, too (my mom is 1/2 costa Rican). In addition, my mom told me she has proof from family trees that I am 1/8th American Indian from my dad's side, so the lawyer is saying we'd be considered a 'culturally sensitive' home. But that's cool, I didn't know that before.

• sleepy lagoon

Lol... "culturely sensitive" home.... What does that even mean?

Ridiculous.

How about a loving home with a stable environment that nutures and adores said child regardless of anything like race?

Race is a completely man made concept. There is no "race" but the HUMAN one....

*steps down from soapbox, rant over*

• Future Cast Member

I know, I think it's because it's a foster home, and changing foster homes would restart the process so she's using it to stall. It would also be transferred out of the main government to a reservation, which would also really disrupt the process. She's trying to stall and get the attention off herself so they don't get to the neglect and abuse charges for harming, drugging, and not feeding the 4 year old daughter. Not to mention she's also having another child now, with someone who's underage, and they're in the process of taking away that child from birth and arresting her, but she's trying to get that case stalled, too.

---------- Post added 12-20-2011 at 06:15 PM ----------

Also, I agree with what you said. I hope my earlier post didn't sound intolerant, I was just happy about finding out I'm native American because I really don't know much about my heritage. My dad never talked to me about his culture and my mom just adapts to all American cultures so I don't know any of my background. The most I knew until recently was that I was from the seen with the tulips and geese in its a small world. The only knowledge of my background came at Disneyland when my mom would point to that scene (the Dutch scene, I now realize), and say that that's where my dad is from. I was just happy to learn some family history, I didn't mean to sound racist about where I've learned my family is from.

• sleepy lagoon

Oh, my post was directed at you, Jess.

It was a commentary on our social service system. I believe kids should be placed in a loving environment, and that should have nothing to do with the parent's or the kid's race, imo.

We get so caught up on stupid things, when those kids just need to be loved and nutured and taken care of.

• Future Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by my7dwarves View Post
    Oh, my post was directed at you, Jess.

It was a commentary on our social service system. I believe kids should be placed in a loving environment, and that should have nothing to do with the parent's or the kid's race, imo.

We get so caught up on stupid things, when those kids just need to be loved and nutured and taken care of.
    Yeah, that's the way I see it, too.

Wow, why are there 5 guests but only two users?

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Christmas With The Kranks

I am watching this crazy movie.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

• Lord of the Sky

Blog Entries

Jess
    I'am also part native American (black foot)
    Also ,English,French,Irish
    I'am mixed-breed , also known as a mutt Jim
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

• world class bilge rat

Hello everyone.

• Lord of the Sky

Blog Entries

HELLO EVERONE
    Jim

---------- Post added 12-20-2011 at 08:21 PM ----------

Hello Rob....

I found out today...I also get off Thursday........(comany is giveing us other day)
    which means ..........I get 12 days off in a row.......
    Jim
    Last edited by Eagleman; 12-20-2011 at 08:44 PM.
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

• world class bilge rat

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    Today my internet went out. I checked the modem, but all the lights, except two were red. I knew right away that that meant trouble. One light was unlit all together, and just one was green, the way they all should have been. A few calls to AT&T, and they inform me that my modem of 6 years has indeed died.

So now I am using wireless, thanks to my husband's modem. AT&T was kind enough to send me a new modem. The only charge was $12.95. They said it was a "One Time" free replacement. It wouldn't be offered again. I took their offer, and I should have my new modem before next week.

In the meantime I am wondering if I should permanently share the same modem with my husband. It would save me a lot of money on my phone bill. I am just wondering how reliable it would be.
    I have Clearwire, now know as Clear.

It's a wireless ISP, there are 3 levels of service you can get. I have the middle one, $36.99/month.

Sometimes it's blazing fast. Hit enter, and the page is there; in about the same amount of time it took to read this. Sometimes it's about as fast as dial-up used to be. A lot of times, it is really slow, and won't load a whole page.

I don't know what else is out there, but Clear is not very good.

Unfortunately, my choices are either Clear of dial-up. No cable out here. I suppose I could get a satellite dish, maybe that'd be better.

• What Time Taught Us

I'm half vietnamese, 3/8 norwegian, and a sixteenth swedish... or something. lol

• Lord of the Sky

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post
    I'm half vietnamese, 3/8 norwegian, and a sixteenth swedish... or something. lol
    KEVIN.......That make you also a Mutt! ....LoL
    Jim
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

I still have the same modem I had when I first started using the internet... which was... about 1998-99 I think. I wonder if a newer one would help my computer run any better....

Some where deep in my family tree I have been told I have some Native American... an aunt on my fathers side said something about it once, then on my mothers side, a cousin sent me some info and one of the things written was about a distant cousin that was married to a Cherokee lady.. But most of what I've been able to verify has been the Irish part. I have Irish on both sides, but my fathers I can trace directly back to my.... great great grandfather I think it is that came to this country as a stow away in the 1800's.

---------- Post added 12-20-2011 at 08:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleman View Post
    HELLO EVERONE
    Jim

---------- Post added 12-20-2011 at 08:21 PM ----------

Hello Rob....
    I found out today...I also get off Thursday........(comany is giveing us other day)
    which means ..........I get 12 days off in a row.......
    Jim
    12 days in a row!!?? Whoa!! Cool!

Quote Originally Posted by micromind View Post
    I have Clearwire, now know as Clear.

It's a wireless ISP, there are 3 levels of service you can get. I have the middle one, $36.99/month.

Sometimes it's blazing fast. Hit enter, and the page is there; in about the same amount of time it took to read this. Sometimes it's about as fast as dial-up used to be. A lot of times, it is really slow, and won't load a whole page.

I don't know what else is out there, but Clear is not very good.

Unfortunately, my choices are either Clear of dial-up. No cable out here. I suppose I could get a satellite dish, maybe that'd be better.
    My cousins have satellite... I don't think they are that happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post
    Wow! Thats an interesting mix!! I think most of us are pretty much mutts.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Page 7 of 134 FirstFirst ... 45678910173257107 ... LastLast