Page 102 of 135 FirstFirst ... 252779299100101102103104105112127 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 2016

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: RCMC #119 - A Call To Action! Come One! Come All! Come Once, Come Again, and aga

I guess Kathy found her mother's house in a real mess. She wants to stay down there until Wednesday, but Sean wants to fly home because he has to be back in school by Tuesday. I checked the airfare, but it is really high. In the meantime, Sean has misplaced his ID. I guess things done in a hurry, are not always done perfectly.

I took the boys out to dinner tonite. It was very nice. We had a delicious meal, and the desserts were yummy.

I am not looking forward to going home. It has been a nice vacation, despite the family emergency. I guess I don't want to get back to reality and it's own set of problems.

• Lord of the Sky

Blog Entries

Re: RCMC #119 - A Call To Action! Come One! Come All! Come Once, Come Again, and aga

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    I figure if we can even at least break even.... I'm happy! Most years we've had to pay some to state and got a little back on federal and with what it costs to have the taxes done... we usually pretty close to break even and I'm ok with that.
    That way I feel also!!!!!!!!
    Good Night Aunt Pengy...I'am going to bed eary tonight......
    Nanner's Jim
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

I commend Sean for wanting to get back to school. Sounds like he's taking it seriously. I'm sorry the airfare is so high right now. Did he leave his ID there with you?

Can't get comfortable tonight. Tired... as usual. Trying to find a new head for a tripod that I broke the head on... why does it have to be so complex? Pan tilt or ball head? The one I had before was a pan tilt, but I thought I'd like to switch over to a ball head. Then I start doing research and instead of making it easy to narrow it down to one or the other... now I'm not sure. And the prices... the prices range from $20 all the way up to $400, just for heads!!

Well, I have a second tripod that I can use at least. Not something I have to buy right now.

---------- Post added 04-05-2012 at 09:18 PM ----------

Nanners Jim! Hope you have a good day tomorrow!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Goofy

good night all. see you all tomorrow.

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Sounds like a plan...I'm falling asleep sitting here...

Nanners all!

all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I don't believe the ID is here. It is most likely in Chicago, and Sean left it behind when they rushed out the door to Florida. Sean needs to learn to always travel with certain things. I don't understand why the boy just doesn't carry a wallet. It doesn't have to be a fancy one. Just sufficient for a few bills, his ID, and his bus card which he uses almost every day to get to school, and to travel to his girlfriends house. Well, you snooze, you lose.

I am now waiting for my husband to arrive. Knowing him, he probably got up pretty early for the drive up. I expect him to walk in the lobby any minute now.

I even checked an Amtrak train. Not sure about the security, or the price on that. However, it was a 2 train trip with transfers in Washington DC. All trains sold out, so that's not even an option. Not sure what Kathy will plan, since it takes her almost two days to get home. She most likely has to go back to Florida again, so she should just pack it up now and start driving. Again, I am not sure if there's anything that should need to keep her there at this point in time, other than she just wants to get as much done as possible. Hopefully I will know more before the day is over.

Happy Good Friday to all of you.

• Delawarean Girl

Good Morning MiceChatters.

Is there any TMZ TV watchers here? There is a Disney fan that appears sometimes on the show, when they have a Disney question. His name is Justin. He says he goes to Disneyland like almost every other week.

I keep wondering if he is a MiceChatter. Could I make a thread, asking that? I guess I should put it, in the MiceChat Lounge if I do.

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Morning all! The dogs actually let me sleep in!! My bladder... thats another story! Well I did get to sleep in a bit.

Barbara, hopefully this will be a good lesson to Sean that now that he's an "adult" there are certain things that you have to be responsible for.... and one is having your ID on you at all times "just in case." I understand about wanting to travel light... I don't like to take more than I have to also but... sometimes you just have to.

This being Easter weekend is probably why the air fares are so high and why there are no seats on the train. I understand Kathy wanted to get as much done as she can... did her mom own her home? Since its a trailer is it on its own property or is it in a park where Kathy will have to continue to pay the space rent until she sells it. Is Kathy an only child and is she the only one having to deal with all of this?

Hey Hayley!! LTNS! Um.... that person could be a MiceChatter... then again there are a lot of people who aren't. Hard to believe I know! I'm a bit leery of starting a thread on him... we don't really like posts or threads that try to "call out" members by name for privacy reasons. This person might want to stay unknown, and we respect their right to privacy. We don't even allow CM's names in posts. (The exception being Maynard, because of his extremely high profile and celeb status.)

Maybe its just as well that I'm not going to the Art Festival today...winter just will not let go. This morning the wind is already blowing and its downright cold out there. Its about 40 degrees, which for you guys back east is nothing, but for us who are use to having temps pushing 80 by this time...

Hubby might have to work tomorrow, so maybe I'll go tomorrow. Will depend on if he works, what the weather is like tomorrow....

• Minion

Woke up to about an inch of snow this morning happy spring break to me! Wish I was still in california!
    BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

• Delawarean Girl

I take it that RCMC doesn't show up on "New Post" anymore?

Pengy: He seems to be a part of us and someone that would enjoy to take part in the Sunday Meets. But yeah, I didn't really like the idea of pointing him out. So, I thought I would ask before I did it.

• Goofy

hi all. happy friday.

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

SNOW!!??? Holy cow... and I thought it was cold here...

Time to get ready for work... catch you kiddles later tonight!

---------- Post added 04-06-2012 at 01:22 PM ----------

Checked my mail before heading out... got the card Jim!!! To cute!!!! Now I have a chuckle to head to work with!!! Thank you!!!

• Lord of the Sky

Blog Entries

+
    A very " Good Friday " to all !
    a very special Day
    indeed!!!

~.~Jim~.~
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I have had a pretty wild and crazy day. I will give you the short version.

For reasons I am not sure about, Kathy will be physically transporting her mom's ashes to Chicago. They may not be released to her until Wednesday. Sean has school on Tuesday. We did find a Delta flight for Sean flying from Daytona Beach to Chicago, with a layover in Atlanta. Kathy called Delta and they said they will let him board with his birth certificate. Why they packed that, and not the ID boggles my mind.

So Sean is returning tomorrow. When Kathy is coming home, I am not sure. The people here at Wyndham at the Wilderness were nice enough to print out the airline confirmation for me. I will keep it on my person, until I know that Sean is safely aboard his plane tomorrow. We will all be traveling about the same time. Us back to Chicago by car, and Sean by airplane first to Atlanta, and then to Chicago.

My vacation has been fun, but the rest of this has me shaking my head.

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Home!

What an afternoon.... it was just as crazy the few hours I was there as this last weekend....

Goodness Barbara, you can't say that you don't lead a most interesting life! That is pretty strange Sean having his birth certificate. I would never travel anywhere with a birth certificate! That is strange!!