Page 51 of 135 FirstFirst ... 2641484950515253546176101 ... LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: RCMC #119 - A Call To Action! Come One! Come All! Come Once, Come Again, and aga

I did absolutely nothing productive yesterday. It was one of those days when I just decided to blow off being responsible. I visited with my brother for a few hours at his house, and that for the most part was nice. I just wish he didn't smoke and drink so much. However, at 59, he isn't about to change. In fact, today is his birthday.

When I cam home from my brother's house, I took my husband out to dinner. I had baked ham, and it was absolutely delicious. Although, I wasn't watching what I was doing, and I came home with a sleeve full of gravy. Sometimes, I'm worse than a little kid.

SO today, I need to catch up. After breakfast, I need to make a short grocery list, and then it's off to the store. If I didn't need milk, I could probably put that off for a few days.

I wish it was a little warmer, so that I could begin the carpet removal that's needed for my indoor back porch. However, I guess that will have to wait for a while.

Have a great SUnday everyone.

• Future Cast Member

Re: RCMC #119 - A Call To Action! Come One! Come All! Come Once, Come Again, and aga

Good evening everyone!

• Goofy

good evening everyone.

---------- Post added 03-04-2012 at 10:03 PM ----------

good night empty room.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Whoa... super dead today....

Gonna head out in a minute but wanted to peek in. It was actually a pretty good weekend. Even got to do some "teaching" to my trainee that was with me and since she's been working for a while I was actually able to leave the desk a few times and leave her working alone. Now if only she had to train with me every time.... I'm going to get use to having that second person and when she can't be there... its going to be hard!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Happy Monday morning. Kathy goes back to work today, and my life starts to get back to normal. Or maybe not. Is anything really normal in this life?

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Morning thread... getting a slow start today. First I was slow and now MC is still being slow.... hope they can get the issue resolved once and for all soon!

all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I am painting my new shelves in the kitchen, and I must admit that getting up and down is really hard on my knees. Exactly when was it that I got too old for this sort of thing? I like doing these things for myself, and I refuse to ask anyone else to help. Where can I go for a new set of knees?

• I'd rather be @ D-land

Your local orthopedic surgeon... my mom is getting one of hers replaced again
    Sue B

Math Geek of Randomness

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

I need new knees, hips, back.... yeah, I think I have to many bad parts for the surgeon to fix! I just need a whole body transplant!!!

And... good to see you Sue!!!

• What Time Taught Us

hello hello. just waiting around in my room till I have to go to class..

it's week 9, just two more weeks before finals! we're about to go into hyperdrive paper-writing time.. D:

• Future Cast Member

I feel so awful right now. My mom has been stressed for a while because he makes her handle all the stuff going on with his daughter (my step-sister), and the daughter was taken from his ex-wife who was abusing the daughter and now she's in foster care, and my stepdad doesn't do anything about it and makes my mom handle the whole thing.

Then today I got picked up from school by my stepdad and he said my mom is on the verge of a breakdown and she's going to a doctor tonight, and that it's my fault. The other day I had to watch my brothers and the youngest one wasn't listening and was hitting the other one so I texted her asking her what to do, panicking because they wouldn't listen to me, and my stepdad said I'm not a compassionate person because I was bugging her, and he said I was mean.

I want to cry, I had an awful day at school and was hoping to come home and get away from that, and then I come home and I'm treated like an awful person. I have no one to talk to about anything going on in my life, and I'm trying to get through it myself. I thought I was finally on the path to get some confidence and stop being so self-conscious, and now I just feel worse than ever. I've always been close to my mom, it's like the one stable thing in my life, and now that I'm apparently this awful person for causing this to happen to her, I can't even try to tell myself that my stepdad is wrong about who I am because I even hate myself right now. I know I can't cry because it'd be selfish, and then my stepdad will probably be upset if he hears me cryng when it's my fault anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ChessurInWonderland View Post
    I feel so awful right now. My mom has been stressed for a while because he makes her handle all the stuff going on with his daughter (my step-sister), and the daughter was taken from his ex-wife who was abusing the daughter and now she's in foster care, and my stepdad doesn't do anything about it and makes my mom handle the whole thing.

Then today I got picked up from school by my stepdad and he said my mom is on the verge of a breakdown and she's going to a doctor tonight, and that it's my fault. The other day I had to watch my brothers and the youngest one wasn't listening and was hitting the other one so I texted her asking her what to do, panicking because they wouldn't listen to me, and my stepdad said I'm not a compassionate person because I was bugging her, and he said I was mean.

I want to cry, I had an awful day at school and was hoping to come home and get away from that, and then I come home and I'm treated like an awful person. I have no one to talk to about anything going on in my life, and I'm trying to get through it myself. I thought I was finally on the path to get some confidence and stop being so self-conscious, and now I just feel worse than ever. I've always been close to my mom, it's like the one stable thing in my life, and now that I'm apparently this awful person for causing this to happen to her, I can't even try to tell myself that my stepdad is wrong about who I am because I even hate myself right now. I know I can't cry because it'd be selfish, and then my stepdad will probably be upset if he hears me cryng when it's my fault anyway.
    I feel for you. I want to make something really clear and I hope you listen to this. You're a young person going through some really awful things. These types of issues can have a negative impact on who you become in the future. While incredibly hard you MUST MUST MUST remember that none of this is your fault. It just isn't.

Your stepdad telling you that it is your fault is him failing you. He is a full-grown adult and has the obligation to protect you whether he realizes it or not. And whether you realize it or not, I'm here to tell you that you don't know much about the world simply because of your age. I thought I knew a lot at your age and I bet you think the same way, but you don't. Your stepdad is taking advantage of your inexperience in life and throwing a burden on you. Shame on him.

Knowing this, you have to come to terms with something I am coming to grips with at 28...you are responsible for your own happiness. While you can't give him a middle finger and tell him to fudge off, you can do your best to ignore anything you know in your heart is wrong and do everything possible to make your life happy by working hard and making friends.

The alternative is not good. Letting all this negativity at such a young age can lead to depression or other really bad things that will affect your entire life. Make the choice right now to embrace happiness and love yourself.

In reading your posts it's so clear your a caring and intelligent individual. The world will be losing out on you if your joy and love of life is extinguished early on. We're all amazing and capable of doing phenomenal things. Do not let someone that is failing you impact you in a way where you begin to fail yourself.

You are great. It's very clear. Anybody that tells you otherwise has no f'ing clue what they're talking about.
    This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is mine.

• Sgt. Mgr. Melfunction (:

Peeeeeeek

• world class bilge rat

Hello everyone.

• Goofy

good evening everyone.