Page 132 of 135 FirstFirst ... 3282107122129130131132133134135 LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 2020

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Re: RCMC # 120: Dancing with Myself.....

Hey, no one is weirder than me!! Weird does not scare me!

Computers and technology... now that scares me!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Grim Grinning

Why do routers have to be so darned complicated. They're lucky I found out what the heck my IP Address is, from there, they should just be like "Ok cool, you figured it out, here! You want to change it to private, set up your user name and password here! Now you're done, gee wasn't that easy!!" But nooo, it's just link after link after page of stuff I have no idea about. I don't wanna finnick with it too much and lose internet altogether. So I'm basically back to square one.

• Goofy

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    Hey, no one is weirder than me!! Weird does not scare me!

Computers and technology... now that scares me!
    definitely technology that can be scary

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by amanda.collishaw View Post
    Why do routers have to be so darned complicated. They're lucky I found out what the heck my IP Address is, from there, they should just be like "Ok cool, you figured it out, here! You want to change it to private, set up your user name and password here! Now you're done, gee wasn't that easy!!" But nooo, it's just link after link after page of stuff I have no idea about. I don't wanna finnick with it too much and lose internet altogether. So I'm basically back to square one.
    During my recent issues I had to put the old modem back on. I took off the router my daughter had set up with the network she also set up (so I could watch Netflix on the Wii she left and watch all of Dr. Who... ) So when I got my net back I put the router back on and... got lucky and it still works and still as the same network. If it hadn't I would of had no idea in the world how to get it working again....

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
    definitely technology that can be scary
    Yeah, your not telling Amanda and I anything new!

Ok... must nanner on out.... falling asleep at the keyboard.

all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Grim Grinning

Yeah... I don't know what caused it all to change. We moved the modem from one room to the other a while ago and we could get on fine, but it all changed up. No idea. I'd call Comcast and ask them to come fix it, but then they'd want money for it.

Amanda -

The reply function isn't working well so I have to respond this way. Why was the other day so tough for you?

I'm doing really well right now. just started my new job but really busy because I'm commuting between Orange County and Los Angeles. I'm usually on the road at least 3.5 hours a day, so I have little time to come on here. I'm making sure though to hit up the RCMC so I can say hi to all the people here. Definitely a great community that I enjoy very very much.
    This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is mine.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Things actually got a whole lot easier for my computer when we switched from regular AT&T to AT&T U-Verse. Before I had to plug into a modem. Now I am wireless. My husband has the modem next to his computer that he is plugged into, because he can't be wireless. His computer doesn't have a wireless card. We have a password, that is written right on the modem in case we forget it, or misplace it. So far, for all these months since the installation, I have had zero problems.

The internet is bundled with my phone, and my television. I now have unlimited calling anyplace in the U.S. That's cheaper than if I had a cell phone. I have way more channels than I ever had before, and the reception, is steady, and never goes out the way Comcast used to. Best thing I ever did was switch to U-Verse. My Bill is cheaper too. I am saving about $90 from what I paid before, for phone, internet, and TV.

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DJM View Post
    Amanda -

The reply function isn't working well so I have to respond this way. Why was the other day so tough for you?

I'm doing really well right now. just started my new job but really busy because I'm commuting between Orange County and Los Angeles. I'm usually on the road at least 3.5 hours a day, so I have little time to come on here. I'm making sure though to hit up the RCMC so I can say hi to all the people here. Definitely a great community that I enjoy very very much.
    3.5 hours on the road a day!? Good grief... I am spoiled only having to drive 5 minutes to one job and 15 minutes to the other. But I'm glad to hear that the job is going well and you are doing good!! Be sure to check in when you can!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    Things actually got a whole lot easier for my computer when we switched from regular AT&T to AT&T U-Verse. Before I had to plug into a modem. Now I am wireless. My husband has the modem next to his computer that he is plugged into, because he can't be wireless. His computer doesn't have a wireless card. We have a password, that is written right on the modem in case we forget it, or misplace it. So far, for all these months since the installation, I have had zero problems.

The internet is bundled with my phone, and my television. I now have unlimited calling anyplace in the U.S. That's cheaper than if I had a cell phone. I have way more channels than I ever had before, and the reception, is steady, and never goes out the way Comcast used to. Best thing I ever did was switch to U-Verse. My Bill is cheaper too. I am saving about $90 from what I paid before, for phone, internet, and TV.
    I've seen the commercials for U-Verse.... Well I guess I'll plug along for now with what I've got. Got to finish watching all of Dr. Who before my daughter takes her Wii back. At least with having a wireless network at the house my phone can connect to it and that way I don't use up my data plan when I'm at home. Not that I use that much of it anyway....

• Hukuna Matata!

3.5 hours on the road a day!? Good grief... I am spoiled only having to drive 5 minutes to one job and 15 minutes to the other. But I'm glad to hear that the job is going well and you are doing good!! Be sure to check in when you can!

I've seen the commercials for U-Verse.... Well I guess I'll plug along for now with what I've got. Got to finish watching all of Dr. Who before my daughter takes her Wii back. At least with having a wireless network at the house my phone can connect to it and that way I don't use up my data plan when I'm at home. Not that I use that much of it anyway....
    Good morning young lady

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Josh!!! Good to see you!! We don't get to see you nearly enough around here!!! Staying warm out there in the desert? At least you guys got some rain!!! I got nuttin' but the humidity! But at least its kept the temps down in the 90's instead of the 115 we had a week or so ago!

---------- Post added 07-19-2012 at 08:45 AM ----------

And here we go again.... net starting to intermittently drop out again...

• Hukuna Matata!

Josh!!! Good to see you!! We don't get to see you nearly enough around here!!! Staying warm out there in the desert? At least you guys got some rain!!! I got nuttin' but the humidity! But at least its kept the temps down in the 90's instead of the 115 we had a week or so ago!
    I am glad to be here you will be seeing me a whole lot more, I need to do more positive things. the weather has been fantastic. That rain patch we had was wonderful I found myself riding bikes with my mom in the rain almost everyday of the week. It's warm again here but you know it's not like it was. I can't wait till the next meet. I hope everyone's going to try to go to haunt this year.

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Wish I was doing haunt... someday....

Glad to hear we will be seeing more of you! Wish I could get to the park more often and hang out with you guys!!

But for now I think I'll go watch some Dr. Who while I still have some connection. Guess I'd better make the call later and see about switching over to cable.... *sigh*

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I just spent three hours talking to my sister on the phone. Now that she is retired, it is nice to be able to call her, and just blab on the phone. Can't do that too often, or nothing will get done around the house. However, this morning was a nice little luxury.

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

So much for watching Dr. Who.... And yet another call to Earthlink...this time trying to change over to a cable connection from a DSL coz I am so over DSL now... has been dropping in and out all morning...

• Grim Grinning

Quote Originally Posted by DJM View Post
    Amanda -

It was the one year anniversary of my 1 year old cat dying. He wasn't a family cat, he was just mine. If I'd had the day off, I could have just stayed in bed and ignored the world, but I had to work, so holding it together all day was quite the challenge.

Sounds like quite the commute you've got going there. Liking your new job?