Page 105 of 134 FirstFirst ... 5558095102103104105106107108115130 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 2009

• Elven Queen of Caffeine

Re: RCMC# 121: Life is a highway... with friends along for the ride!

Hello all!

I almost said "Morning, all" cuz I've only been awake...um...less than 2 hours, LOL! Went with a friend to Disney last night in an effort to cheer her up. She'd never eaten at Blue Bayou, and the only reservation we could get was at 10pm, so thats what we did. Sure hope it cheered her up, cuz my dinner alone was about $60! Didn't really have that money to spend, but it was for a good cause, no?

Quote Originally Posted by 1Disneylandfan View Post
    Uh oh, I'm a Gold card member of Starbucks, maybe those stories would change my love I have of Starbucks. Although I know how to make my own caramel macchiato at home and it tastes better than what the average barista makes

Now the straight coffee from Starbucks I can't hack, tears up my stomach. Any espresso drink from them I can handle though. When I'm at home I drink Peets coffee though. I find it to be smoother than Starbucks.
    Starbucks defined my tastebuds for coffee - I was a "Coffee Master" when I worked there, and could pretty much tell just by the taste which coffee I was drinking. Now I drink Peets at home, but Sbux sure developed a love for dark roasts in me that I think I'll never get over.

Stories...well, my store was a little different. When I started there we had a reputation for being less...um...corporate than most stores. We were just more laid back and had a wide regular customer base. Drink quality was key. Right before I quit, I went to mandatory supervisor training where corporate told us that customers rated speed of service first on a one to five scale, and drink quality last. Um....yeah, thats not why I quit, but it sure didn't help their cause anyway, and its probably why I can't get a drink made to standard any time I go to sbux these days - probably why your Caramel Macchiato is better when you make it yourself, just saying...

But most of my stories are location specific, so... I do know that the job benefits were excellent when I was there - I really miss that medical plan, but even that isn't as good now, so... Whatevs

Quote Originally Posted by micromind View Post
    Ok on post #1491 (a few pages back) Pengy posted some pictures.

In the second one from the top, I'm that strange looking guy in the red hat.

To the left is my daughter (18), and in the front is her best friend (reddish hair). They've been friends since 1st grade.

The next pic down my daughters best friend is the one in black. On either side of her are two other girls we took to DL with us. The one on the right married her sweetie a while ago, and they're about to be 3. She's due in a month or so. We can hardly wait!

Post #1494 is a different year, second pic from the top is me acting silly, my daughter, bottom right is her best friend, and the other two gals are the ones we brought on that trip.

Boy, does that ever bring back fond memories!!!
    yAy! Thanks for that, its fun to put faces to the names I know around here!

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    I'd be interested in those stories to.

Yeah well.....

Attachment 24824

HAHA! yes! I think thats my blood type too - I had 4 cups of coffee with dinner last night, came home and promptly fell asleep. But whatcha gonna do...

Well, I think I've rambled enough for now.

•   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie

It's sunny here, looks like decent temp wise outside. But I just popped my Star Wars IV blu-ray in. I should go take care of a few errands, but I'm too lazy. I didn't even get up till 11:30am. Went to bed about midnight. I've been sleeping 12 hours a day for 2 weeks now. I can't figure out what my deal is. Maybe too much sugar in my system.

Wow that's too bad that most customers put speed of service in front of quality of their coffee at Starbucks. I'm quite the opposite. If my drink doesn't taste right, I do tell the barista to either fix it or re-make it. I won't spend almost 5 bucks for a drink and for it to not taste good. Otherwise, step aside and I'll do it myself. Just by watching they seem to go by exact measurements. I don't, so maybe that's the huge difference.

They are supposed to go by exact measurements...but it really depends on who you get as to whether they do this or not. I had a reputation for making really good drinks, and all I did was make them to standard and steam my milk properly.

•   

Totally agree, it varies on barista to barista. Business wise I understand why Starbucks does exact measurements, but it doesn't necessarily make for the greatest drink. Once you get the right blend of all ingredients it can be fantastic though

Glad you were a good barista.

haha, thanks. I hope I still am =)

Just listed my complete set of LE AP exclusive Lost Keys of Disneyland on ebay...really hope they sell - I really need the money to fix my car...and for the holidays.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Good evening all!

• Never give in.

Sup, homies?

---------- Post added 11-03-2012 at 08:02 PM ----------

This >> I can't even. I am weak.
    ♥ "Don't care about all the pain in front of me
    'Cause I'm just trying to be happy." ♥

I don't have the boy tonight...I'm debating whether I should get in my car and go sit in the Carthay Circle lounge...just because....

•   

I don't have the boy tonight...I'm debating whether I should get in my car and go sit in the Carthay Circle lounge...just because....
    Go for it!!! If I lived that close, I would

Quote Originally Posted by 1Disneylandfan View Post
    Go for it!!! If I lived that close, I would
    I should...I just can't do the "all alone" thing anymore. I used to do things alone so well when I was younger, watch movies by myself, walk into bars and sit there by myself, eat at a restaurant by myself. Now when I do that I just feel like a loner and that everyone is staring at me...whispering....

•   

I should...I just can't do the "all alone" thing anymore. I used to do things alone so well when I was younger, watch movies by myself, walk into bars and sit there by myself, eat at a restaurant by myself. Now when I do that I just feel like a loner and that everyone is staring at me...whispering....
    Ahhh, don't worry no one is staring at you. Think about it this way, the times you would like to have some down time for yourself and can't, well here is that opportunity for you. It can be fun just sitting on Main Street and just watching the world go by. I've done that a few times and loved it.

Unfortunately in life, people will always talk, it doesn't mean those things are true. Especially when they don't even know you, all it would be is speculation on their part. You never know maybe they are sitting there and envying the freedom you have

DO IT!! I love going to DLR alone.

bah, it's too late now..takes me about 45 minutes to get out there...

oh, poo. oh well, now you get to stay here and entertain me! lol

Quote Originally Posted by LadyNimrodelle View Post
    oh, poo. oh well, now you get to stay here and entertain me! lol
    Ha ok. I'm playing Wizard 101 and watching X men...gonna make some popcorn