Page 119 of 134 FirstFirst ... 196994109116117118119120121122129 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 2009

• Never give in.

Re: RCMC# 121: Life is a highway... with friends along for the ride!

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    Yeah even to get my AA I had to do College Algebra... which meant I had to do basic and intermediate before I could even do the College because I had only taken one algebra class my freshman year of high school.... and I got a D in it then. I managed to squeek through college algebra with a 65%, which was the C grade I needed to pass! I grabbed the C and never looked back! (And never took another math class!)

What is your major?
    Animal and Poultry Science. More like farm animal science. It sucks. You have to choose between equine, poultry, or livestock emphasis, so I'm planning on just sticking with the horses. They are a bit more dangerous, but at least they keep them clean.
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyNimrodelle View Post
    I hate maths too...I got lucky and my college accepts (or rather, accepted when I started, which is all that counts) Music Theory for the maths requirement - as a former music major I was pretty stoked - I took 4 semesters of music theory in junior college, so I was covered there. yAy!
    Wait...so what are you doing now?
    ♥ "Don't care about all the pain in front of me
    'Cause I'm just trying to be happy." ♥

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Whoa! Thats cool that they took the music theory class!! Of course... I probably wouldn't of been able to pass that one either!

Well darn I hate to run out but us old peeps need sleep... so I've got to nanner for now!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Never give in.

The thing is, I had an A in math all through high school until I got to pre-calc. I managed to pull a B by the end of the year. Then in AP Stats I got a B+ because my teacher made everything difficult. Plus, that was the only AP math course I got to take, so that was good enough for me. But the funny thing is that I am doing better in my self taught calculus class now then I did in pre-calc.

Nanners!

• Elven Queen of Caffeine

Quote Originally Posted by PiG_GuRl View Post
    Animal and Poultry Science. More like farm animal science. It sucks. You have to choose between equine, poultry, or livestock emphasis, so I'm planning on just sticking with the horses. They are a bit more dangerous, but at least they keep them clean.

Wait...so what are you doing now?
    International & Intercultural Studies and I love it - I realized after 8 years of studying music that I am not cut out to be a music teacher, and I get too nervous to be a performance major.

Yours is an interesting choice of major...what prompted that may I ask?

---------- Post added 11-07-2012 at 10:08 PM ----------

'Night Pengy!

• Never give in.

International & Intercultural Studies and I love it - I realized after 8 years of studying music that I am not cut out to be a music teacher, and I get too nervous to be a performance major.

Yours is an interesting choice of major...what prompted that may I ask?

---------- Post added 11-07-2012 at 10:08 PM ----------

'Night Pengy!
    It correlates with the admission requirements (I'm doing Pre-Vet, that's what the equine emphasis part is for) for the Virginia-Maryland Regional College of Veterinary Medicine. I'm hoping to go out of state so I don't have to stay here because it is on our campus. It's just gonna be really expensive if I do get to go. I want to be a companion animal veterinarian. I'm more of a dog freak.

It correlates with the admission requirements (I'm doing Pre-Vet, that's what the equine emphasis part is for) for the Virginia-Maryland Regional College of Veterinary Medicine. I'm hoping to go out of state so I don't have to stay here because it is on our campus. It's just gonna be really expensive if I do get to go. I want to be a companion animal veterinarian. I'm more of a dog freak.

Well good for you!! Thats really cool. I'm planning on Law School so I hear you about how expensive it will be.

• Never give in.

One of my friends took this picture of me from her natural standing height. It still makes me laugh

haha! are you very short or is she very tall? or both?

• Never give in.

haha! are you very short or is she very tall? or both?
    I'm around 5'8", so she is definitely around 6 feet tall. Haha

• Wait, what?

Blog Entries

So you think your major sucks?

I'm around 5'8", so she is definitely around 6 feet tall. Haha
    LOL, the angle looks so much more exaggerated than that!

• Never give in.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthDucky View Post
    So you think your major sucks?
    Pretty much. I have all of my intro classes (bio, chem, animal science, etc) and all of their labs this first semester.
    LOL, the angle looks so much more exaggerated than that!
    She always takes creeper pictures, so I'm not even really sure how this happened.

She always takes creeper pictures, so I'm not even really sure how this happened.
    LOL!

And yAy for all-nighters! And Vyvanse! And caffeine!

I swear I am never going to finish this paper...

• Wait, what?

Blog Entries

Pretty much. I have all of my intro classes (bio, chem, animal science, etc) and all of their labs this first semester.
    So are you going to switch it?

---------- Post added 11-08-2012 at 03:59 AM ----------

Eh political bitterness. Need to vent.

Now, I've said it before, I'm not Pro-Bama, I'm anti-ignorance. Now I'm not saying anyone who didn't vote for Obama is ignorant, it's people repeating stuff that's obviously false. Two examples are Obama wants to make fishing illegal, or Mitt Romney's speech is identical to a KKK speech (it's close, but the meanings are miles apart). That's the stuff that pissed me off about the political season, people just posting that crap without doing the three minutes of research it takes to disprove it. Now, when I see that stuff, I must do the research and correct them. It's kind of a tick.

My mother came home and my father woke up and we're talking stuff, and politics came up.
    Not in the mood for it, I know they hate Obama, blah blah blah blah. Dad goes on about this snopes.com: Michelle Obama: All of This for a Damned Flag?
    Know what? I don't care tonight, I don't want to get involved when my mom says, "Dan not in front of Tyler."
    "I just don't care tonight."
    "Well you're always proving us wrong. No, trying to prove us wrong."
    "I don't care."
    "Look at the video yourself. You're always trying to act smarter than me, but I'm more older than you."
    "More older?" She's now ignoring me, so I have to point out, "Don't get mad at me, I'm not the one arguing."
    "I'm not arguing, I didn't say anything, I'm just looking through Netflix."

Two of my pet-peeves, saying I'm younger thus I'm not as intelligent. Second, once "drawing blood" acting as if they did absolutely nothing wrong.

Again, sorry I just needed to vent, and facebook didn't seem like the place.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthDucky View Post
    So are you going to switch it?

---------- Post added 11-08-2012 at 03:59 AM ----------

Eh political bitterness. Need to vent.

Now, I've said it before, I'm not Pro-Bama, I'm anti-ignorance. Now I'm not saying anyone who didn't vote for Obama is ignorant, it's people repeating stuff that's obviously false. Two examples are Obama wants to make fishing illegal, or Mitt Romney's speech is identical to a KKK speech (it's close, but the meanings are miles apart). That's the stuff that pissed me off about the political season, people just posting that crap without doing the three minutes of research it takes to disprove it. Now, when I see that stuff, I must do the research and correct them. It's kind of a tick.

My mother came home and my father woke up and we're talking stuff, and politics came up.
    Not in the mood for it, I know they hate Obama, blah blah blah blah. Dad goes on about this snopes.com: Michelle Obama: All of This for a Damned Flag?
    Know what? I don't care tonight, I don't want to get involved when my mom says, "Dan not in front of Tyler."
    "I just don't care tonight."
    "Well you're always proving us wrong. No, trying to prove us wrong."
    "I don't care."
    "Look at the video yourself. You're always trying to act smarter than me, but I'm more older than you."
    "More older?" She's now ignoring me, so I have to point out, "Don't get mad at me, I'm not the one arguing."
    "I'm not arguing, I didn't say anything, I'm just looking through Netflix."

Two of my pet-peeves, saying I'm younger thus I'm not as intelligent. Second, once "drawing blood" acting as if they did absolutely nothing wrong.

Again, sorry I just needed to vent, and facebook didn't seem like the place.

That's fair. I supported Obama because he supports two of the issues closest to my heart: marriage equality and women's reproductive rights...and I was terrified of what Romney would do on those issues. :shrug: And I know I'm one of those people. My folks were pro-Romney but didn't vote and we just...skirted around the issue as I was trying to contain my glee and they thought the country was going to the dogs.

Yeah, they don't get at me for being young anymore (I'm 30), and I'll be a first-generation college grad in 2014 so they can't really say I'm not as intelligent. But we have vastly different paradigms in general. It can get really tense. So I feel you.