Page 18 of 134 FirstFirst ... 8151617181920212868118 ... LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Re: RCMC# 121: Life is a highway... with friends along for the ride!

Quote Originally Posted by LadyNimrodelle View Post
    What happened? I leave for a few weeks and we have a shiny new room! Just peeking in to say hi. I *should* be studying for the LSAT, but I just can't seem to focus right now...how is everyone?
    Studying is highly over rated...

Just don't tell any of our younger members I said that... they think Momma Pengy's rule is school first MiceChat next!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    I am watching the ladies gymnastics on the Olympics. I say ladies because these females are just youngsters.

I finally received my insurance check on my brother's life insurance policy. I also cashed in my $1,000 life insurance policy, because it was worth $750. The problem is they put my maiden name on the check. Can't figure out why since they made me fill out a name change form. I hope the bank will cash it for me. Otherwise, I'll have to wait while the insurance company issues a new one.
    Good grief. A similar thing happened to me when the insurance company wrote of the mobile home in Idaho has a total lose when the pipes froze and broke last winter. They sent me a check... but it was in my mothers name.

My mom died in 1996.

I never had her name removed from the insurance, I just added mine to it. I had to get a copy of her death certificate (coz I went through ever piece of paper I could find in every room in the house and could not find the original) and take that to the bank in order to cash the check.

And somewhere I have some savings bonds in my maiden name. I keep running across them and keep thinking I put them where I know where they are but then I forget where it is until I find them again. I guess I really should so something with them before I die and my daughter can't use them at all.

Quote Originally Posted by my7dwarves View Post
    I am not a sports fan. However, I do like the Olympics. Particularly the individual sports....

Being a former competitive swimmer, I am a huge fan of swimming. Love it! Brings back the old days. Wish I could get back in the pool. However, it's been so long I would prolly drown. But there is nothing better than cutting through the water, the only thing you hear is the sound of your own breathing and the swoosh of the water over your ears.... you just lose yourself in it. I could really go for that... Cardio in the gym is just not quite the same....

And who doesn't love the Olympic mens swim?! God those guys have the perfect bodies!! I could go for one of them too, lol.
    I haven'y watched much of the Olympics. Every time I happen to turn it on its something I don't care about.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
    hello room
    Hello Rex!

---------- Post added 08-06-2012 at 10:32 PM ----------

Darn... looks like I'm working tomorrow too....

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Hukuna Matata!

Good morning everybody

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Good morning RCMC.

My days all seem the same lately. So much work needs doing around my house, that I wonder if it will ever get done.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Good morning everyone! Off to work I go again.... then half a night shift tomorrow.... blah... but it will look good on the paycheck with 18 extra hours.

all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Hukuna Matata!

Good morning RCMC.

My days all seem the same lately. So much work needs doing around my house, that I wonder if it will ever get done.
    good morning Barbara

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    Good morning everyone! Off to work I go again.... then half a night shift tomorrow.... blah... but it will look good on the paycheck with 18 extra hours.
    don't work tooooo hard

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

It's good to see you Josh. I hope your little corner of the world is treating you spectacular.
    Pop Century Resort

• Hukuna Matata!

It's good to see you Josh. I hope your little corner of the world is treating you spectacular.
    Hey Barbara the same to you. Well it hasnt been the best but I am breathing. Hopefully the winter months will bring joy to everyone.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Nobody has been here all day. I never thought I'd ever see the day that that would happen. I guess even the best things in life fade away sometimes.
    Pop Century Resort

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

No!! No fading away!!!! Just had a crappy day at work and pretty well mentally and physicall fried... gonna chill and wander around the net for a bit. But tomorrow I'll have to do my laundry and go back again. At least its night shift and at least its only half a shift.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I haven't had a doctor's appointment in like 2 years. I hate going to the doctor. It's not like I hate my doctor, I just hate all those tests that I know she is going to order. Especially the female ones. Well, I guess I better just get out the door, and get it over with. My first stop will be the bank. I sure hope they accept that check that the insurance company issued in my maiden name. Then it's home to face the laundry, and the yard work.

Busy day for me. Hopefully your day is full of some things more pleasant.

Happy Wednesday.
    Pop Century Resort

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Happy Wednesday! Should be starting laundry and stuff but...

Its going to be a hot one here. I already have the swamp cooler on and its already not doing a lot. Yesterday they had some pretty good thunder storms in 29 Palms. Power kept going out at the hospital. But we got nothing over here. We'll see how today plays out.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Went to the doctor. I got the lecture about how I need to make time for at least a 1/2 hour of cardio exercise each day.

Not the best morning of my life. I forgot stuff. Had to wait way too long for my blood test. However the bank did cash my check.

Now I am having my breakfast/lunch, and I need to get caught up on the household chores.

---------- Post added 08-08-2012 at 02:09 PM ----------

In between my chores, I am finally learning how to scan photos into my Mac. Anything is learnable/doable, if I take the time it takes to accomplish the task. I want to scan all my late older brother photos into my computer. Then I can make a disc for his granddaughter who has a real interest in having them. The task serves a double purpose, because I really want to make a scrapbook for myself as well.

General Hospital, the soap opera, has gotten really interesting of late.
    Pop Century Resort

• Delawarean Girl

Hi MiceChatters.

My mom watches General Hospital. She really liked All My Children and One Life to Live. When they moved some of the characters from One Life to Live to General Hospital. She started watching it. I watch it sometimes. But it's going in the ear and out there other with me.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I am watching Volleyball. One of these two USA women's team is winning the Gold medal. The other will get the silver. I don't believe that I have ever seen this scenario before.
    Pop Century Resort

• Goofy

hi empty room