Page 25 of 134 FirstFirst ... 1522232425262728355075125 ... LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Re: RCMC# 121: Life is a highway... with friends along for the ride!

I survived jury duty! It wasn't to bad... it was interesting to watch the process but boring as all get out at the same time. Thank goodness I never got picked. They kept dismissing people for various reasons, and kept pulling from the audience... but then they finally got the 12 people and 2 alternates and I never even got called up. Score!!! Done with my duty for another year!

And the only movie we got to see was a short film on being a juror... whoa that was exciting. The rest of the time in between stuff I just read my book.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I have never really seen the jury system in action. Not up close and personal. Oh, I have had jury duty, several times. However, I never got out of the room where they have the jury candidates gather. So I have only sat for hours at a time, gone for lunch, and returned to be sent home by early afternoon. That is the extent of my jury duty. The pay was about $17, except for one day I was called for Federal Jury Duty, then I received about $40.

Sean's girlfriend Samantha goes back to school today. Sean and I were both commenting how we are both glad school is over. I know he has no interest in any more formal schooling. I was jumping for joy on my last day of highschool, which was back in 1965.

It's laundry day, and hopefully I can get more chores done around the house. The weather has cooled off a whole lot. Right now, it's not even 70 degrees.

Happy Tuesday.

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Wow... we only get paid $15 a day... and only if we end up serving on the jury. So for all the time I sat there yesterday... I got nothing.

But I'd rather get nothing than have to sit on the jury. It was going to be a weapon brandishing case. The judge didn't go into a lot of detail, but after I was talking to one of the other potential jurors I know and he said something about it was a divorce thing... so I'm guessing the guy pulled a gun on his soon to be ex wife or something. That would of been really hard to come to a conclusion... it would of been a lot of he said/ she said and without actually being there.... yeah.

Much to do today... its going to be hot, but maybe the humidity will stay down.

all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• What Time Taught Us

is summer over yet? -______-

• Goofy

not until next month. weather wise it gets hot sept and october. of course i could be wrong.

• Delawarean Girl

Pengy : So hopefully you only have to attend one day if you don't get picked? That how where I am is. Someplaces want you to attend a week.

___

Today I was telling my mother about the stray cats at Disneyland.

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post
    is summer over yet? -______-
    Almost....

Quote Originally Posted by Hayley B View Post
    Pengy : So hopefully you only have to attend one day if you don't get picked? That how where I am is. Someplaces want you to attend a week.

___

Today I was telling my mother about the stray cats at Disneyland.
    If you don't get picked you don't have to attend at all.

The first thing you do is watch the movie about being a juror. Then we went into the courtroom and they randomly called 18 people up. Twelve of them sat in the juror box, and the other 6 sat in a front section of the audience. The judge then began asking the 18 people various questions.... where did they live, did they have children, who did they work for, had they ever been on a jury before and did it come to a conclusion, and did they own guns (since it was going to be a trial for brandishing a firearm) and a bunch of other questions. Then we took a break and when we came back one of the lawyers asked questions of the group. Then the lawyers met at the front with the judge and they talked... then one of the lawyers excused certain jurors.... and as they excused them the people in the extra seats took their spots. Once the 6 extra had been used up they called up 6 more and continued asking questions and excusing people until they had the 12 main jurors and the 2 alternates. Then the rest of us got to go home and the 14 people picked had to come back the next day and start the trial.

The judge said it should be over by Thursday. In California its one trial or one day... then you don't have to serve again for a year. So by putting in the time to sit there and not get picked they can't call on me again for a year.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

The jury selection process is pretty much the same in Chicago, however since I am assuming our facilities are a whole lot larger the prospective jurors are not all in the courtroom with the judge. Only a certain amount are ushered in at a time, and when those are used up, then more are called. I never, ever, got that far in the process. Numbers are given out and my number was never ever called. I also served a few times, where the court calendar was slow, and no one was called at all. One time, it was the day before a holiday, and we were sent home by 2 p.m.

I have been looking at Disney ticket prices and they sure have gone up a lot. It's a big jump from a 5 day parkhopper to an annual pass. ALthough, if I really was planning a 2013 trip, I should buy the annual pass. I really want to plan a Halloween trip next year, but not sure I can afford an April trip to Disney World, and an October trip to Disneyland, even if I use my timeshare.

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Morning all! Well today, as if having our electricity go out randomly isn't enough, at 8:30 our water will be shut off for who knows how long while they work on the water main! Oh joy!! Hopefully it won't take them to long since we have a swamp cooler and it needs water to cool!

Its very depressing how much the cost of the tickets has gone up. My AP expires in October... I think the only time I used my current one was in January. I had been going 2-3 times a year, but between the motels and stuff... its just getting to be to much. Yet my husband keeps spending his money buying military trucks and stuff.

Well... I'll renew my AP one more time.... then we'll see. I'm debating going to Expo next year. I actually don't really care if I go or not. If MC doesn't have a booth set up I really see little reason to go. Since I had a vendor's badge I could just walk in and didn't have to stand in line to get in. But the booths were around $5000 last year for us and I'm sure the prices of those have even gone up so..... unless we can get a LOT of sponsors to cover the cost...

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post

Its very depressing how much the cost of the tickets has gone up. My AP expires in October... I think the only time I used my current one was in January. I had been going 2-3 times a year, but between the motels and stuff... its just getting to be to much.
    They've priced me out of the market for now. Not that anyone there, MiceChat folks or otherwise, has missed me there much.

Good day to you all!
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I visit Disneyland mostly by myself. I like it that way. I have planned a trip for Disney World hopefully next April. and have in fact invited a lady I know who has expressed the desire to visit Disney World, and Harry Potter at Universal. Not exactly sure how that will work out. April is a ways away.

I feel if a person truly wants to visit the park, they would find a way, and they shouldn't have to depend on doing it with anyone else. Although some people don't function well alone. I guess I am really a loner at heart.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I should have grabbed the camera, when my grandson walked in the house, and announced, "I caved!". He got a haircut after it took him about two years + to grow the ponytail that he had been recently wearing.

The ponytail didn't bother me at all. However, the nice haircut he is now wearing will make a better appearance in his search for a job.

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

It never bothers me to be alone at the park. I have fun when I'm with people, but I actually enjoy some "me" time in the park. Since I usually go during "events" like the anniversary meet, I try to schedule some "extra" time not attached to the event that I can have some time to myself and do what I want and go where I want. In fact, I get testy and annoyed if I don't get in enough alone time in the park.

I think thats why it worked out so well us being roommates last time Barbara... we both don't have a problem being solo and we didn't feel we had to stay attached to each other just because we were sharing a room.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

You were the perfect roommate Jody. It is so nice meeting people that you converse with on the internet, and finding that they are exactly who you think they are. No horrible surprises. Wouldn't it be terrible to meet up with someone, and they become the "worst moments" of a vacation.

I am pretty blunt with people, telling them exactly my expectations. Honestly, I have never had a terrible encounter with any MiceChatter that I have met on my many trips.

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Well I've met some unique people over the years. But then, I'm pretty "unique" too so it all works out in the end!

It is amazing though.... I remember my first ever meet. I stayed in the Disneyland Hotel with 4 other women that I had never met before in my life. People thought I was crazy... and in a way I guess it was. But it was a lot of fun and I even spent time with some of the same people a second time in a different hotel.