Page 26 of 134 FirstFirst ... 1623242526272829365176126 ... LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: RCMC# 121: Life is a highway... with friends along for the ride!

I remember your comments after that first stay. Isn't it funny what we remember that we have read on the internet?
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Indeed! Esp. since so much time as past since that first time... 8 years since MC first started... amazing.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

8 years. Has it been that long? I remember planning my very first trip for the 50th Anniversary and finding MiceChat. Boy, my life has sure changed a lot, in so many different ways, since then.
    Pop Century Resort

• Delawarean Girl

Yeah, it's only 1 day of jury duty here if you don't get picked. But only in New Castle County (northern Delaware). The rest of the counties in Delaware (the rest of Delaware) has to attend for a week of it.

Last time I served. I gotten two years until I don't get picked again. That should up around Feb 2013.

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

2 years! Which we were clear for 2 years! We only have 12 months before we can get a summons again!

Yup, this year will be the 10th anniversary of MiceAge and MC's 8th... but the focus this year will be on the 10th for MiceAge.

So I woke up and found... husband home. Apparently his water truck he drives at work broke down, they were having electrical problems so they told him to go home.

Darn it... now I can't be lazy and goof around like I usually do! Oh well, I'm still going to lunch with a couple of friends later.

all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

There's certain things I just don't get done when the husband's around. Don't know what I'll do when he retires. Although, he keeps saying because of our finances, he won't ever be able to retire. I don't think it's that bad. Should be better when the Social Security begins for me. That's coming up soon, either this year, or next. How did I get this old?
    Pop Century Resort

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I have been following the Candlelight thread. People really seem pretty upset over the latest news to make this a 20 night event.
    I saw Candlelight at Epcot, and it was pretty nice. If you made a dinner reservation, then you got a better seat. I did that back in 2007, I believe. I have never seen Candlelight at Disneyland. I did recently watch video, and it does seem a bit crowded, and being how it is out in the open like that, how do they control the crowds, and the traffic? I will keep my eye on that thread. Not likely to make a return trip to Disneyland during the Christmas Holidays. I would like to visit during the Fall, though.
    Pop Century Resort

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Tired tonight.... should go to bed early... should...

I'm one thats concerned about Candlelight expanding to 20 days. I've been in Disneyland once during Candlelight, but I pretty much stayed in different parts of the park while it was going on. But it does cause a lot of issues crowd wise. Not sure if spreading it out with mean fewer people would be at each one or not.

I'd like to go back again for the holidays. I think the last time I was in the park during Christmas time was... 2009? Of course I love the Halloween time too...

Darn wish it was closer... or cheaper... or both!

---------- Post added 08-16-2012 at 10:14 PM ----------

Heaven help me.... I went into the debate lounge....

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I found your post Penguin, and let me say, I am impressed. Almost 100% of what is posted in the Debate Lounge, is definitely way over my head. I rarely read, and almost always understand very little of what I do read. An intellectual, I am not.

However, I applaud you for stepping up, and speaking your mind. You did good.

---------- Post added 08-17-2012 at 08:27 AM ----------

Every day I try to tackle a new sorting, or cleaning chore. I already cleaned the dirty shower curtain. Not sure exactly what the man does, but the shower curtain sure does suffer. The only solution is to take down the curtain, and throw it in a tub of bleach water.

I want to tackle the closet on my back porch, which smells like cats, but I believe that's a bigger job than I want to tackle today. SO instead, I am going to sort my scrapbook supplies instead.

Happy Friday, people.
    Pop Century Resort

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Thanks Barbara! Very little can stir me to actually speak up in there... but this was one of the time. The ones who post in there are so on top of their game and know what the heck they are talking about. I will read through there because I actually really do learn stuff. But I'm way to intimidated to go toe to toe with them!

It feels like fall today! We are still suppose to have triple digit temps, but when I got up and let the dogs out it was still in the 70's with a cool breeze. Still pretty hazy looking so when the temps do go up it will be muggy and humid.

So... what shall I do today... the tamarisk trees in the back yard are blooming and are full of bees. I want to go out and try to get some close up pictures, but with the breeze blowing I can't get a good focus because the branches keep moving around!

Need to call and get an appointment for Bear to go to the groomer one last time before next spring... maybe I'll actually do that this morning.

Can't believe summer is almost over.

• Triple Goddess

Miss me?

Who has 3 kids in 3 different schools that all start and basically get out at the same time? Yay me! I have cloned myself so that I am able to be in 3 places at once! It feels that way, anyway. Yay for it being 110 degrees, too! (this whole paragraph brought to you by the sarcasm foundation)

Seriously, this weather is making me stupid. This weather is stupid. Going back to school is stupid.

Sheesh.

I've missed you guys.

---------- Post added 08-17-2012 at 09:30 AM ----------

Oh, yeah. And traffic around the schools is stupid.

Also, back to school shopping is stupid. The school lists just keep growing. We spent close to $1500 on the stuff they needed. That is not including clothes, shoes, socks, ect. Ugh. I need a drink. Who has the rum?

---------- Post added 08-17-2012 at 09:31 AM ----------

Oh, and also. The fundraising, PTA drives, back to school dances, pictures, and school-spirit stuff is stupid.

I think I am done now. End of rant.

---------- Post added 08-17-2012 at 09:32 AM ----------

Seriously, who has the rum?

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

So Kim tell us how you really feel!

I do not envy you keeping up with 3 kids. I do not envy Stacy keeping up with 8! I was doing all I could just keeping up with one!

Thank goodness I start at the beginning of the school day. If I'm lucky I can get there a few minutes early and avoid SOME of the traffic. Of course at the high school some of the traffic is the students! And some parents drop off their kids across the street and then the kids just walk across... not even looking to see if anyone is coming... then those same parents just pull right out in front of you like you aren't even there and then have the nerve to get mad at you because you were on the street when they were trying to pull out of the side of the road!!! Oh yeah, I feel your pain there.

Holy cow.... that is scary how much it costs just to get started... so glad I don't have that to deal with any more. If I ever have grand kids.... of course my daughter has said that if she has kids she's seriously thinking of home schooling... this coming from someone who went to school to be a public school teacher...

I can't believe that its still not up to 80 here....but it is humid. Thats what I hate. Yeah when its 100 degrees or more its miserable but add even the slightest bit of humidity... and I am so done. I get very testy, and cranky, and angry and mean when its humid.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

School days. Do I miss it? Sometimes. For the most part, I am glad that it is long gone, although it just means that I am getting older. My husband came home yesterday, and told me about someone at work who had an 8 year old granddaughter that needed an after school sitter. He said, "my wife could do that, if we lived closer". I said, "don't you dare volunteer me for anything!"

---------- Post added 08-17-2012 at 12:27 PM ----------

Now I will get back to sorting my scrapbook paper.
    Pop Century Resort

• Grim Grinning

Quote Originally Posted by coopercaseycody View Post
    Miss me?

Who has 3 kids in 3 different schools that all start and basically get out at the same time? Yay me! I have cloned myself so that I am able to be in 3 places at once! It feels that way, anyway. Yay for it being 110 degrees, too! (this whole paragraph brought to you by the sarcasm foundation)

Seriously, this weather is making me stupid. This weather is stupid. Going back to school is stupid.

Sheesh.

I've missed you guys.

---------- Post added 08-17-2012 at 09:30 AM ----------

Oh, yeah. And traffic around the schools is stupid.

Also, back to school shopping is stupid. The school lists just keep growing. We spent close to $1500 on the stuff they needed. That is not including clothes, shoes, socks, ect. Ugh. I need a drink. Who has the rum?

---------- Post added 08-17-2012 at 09:31 AM ----------

Oh, and also. The fundraising, PTA drives, back to school dances, pictures, and school-spirit stuff is stupid.

I think I am done now. End of rant.

---------- Post added 08-17-2012 at 09:32 AM ----------

Seriously, who has the rum?
    So this would be a bad time to bring you my back to school list and tell you I need you to take me to school, pick me up AND attend my twice weekly parent teacher meetings? I joke, I joke. And I actually have a bottle of rum. Come on up!

---------- Post added 08-17-2012 at 12:53 PM ----------

I spot Nathan!

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Amanda!!! How was Cancun!!!?? Where are pictures of the debauchery? And Nathan was peeking in!!?? Darn it man post!