Page 37 of 134 FirstFirst ... 122734353637383940476287 ... LastLast

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Re: RCMC# 121: Life is a highway... with friends along for the ride!

Quote Originally Posted by amanda.collishaw View Post
    I watch Hell's Kitchen Barry! I can't stand Dana. If she didn't yell allll the time, I wouldn't mind her so much. I'd love to see Justin or Christina win.
    Part of the reason I like Dana is the way she looks out of the chef's jacket. Okay, so I am a typical red blooded male. Do you watch MasterChef?

Apparently people do not care for, or care about, music I post.

Barbaraann, I loved the pictures also. Is he the same brother who rooted for the football Cardinals?

Yep, I had one of those cowboy outfits. I am told I was dressed in a sailor suit for my first visit to Disneyland in 1960.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Barry, Barry, Barry.... just because we don't comment doesn't mean we don't care... We're just more casual around here.... where people can feel free to drop in, make a comment about their day or whatever is on their mind, and if someone responds cool, and if not, its cool too coz even if no one says anything at least we're all communicating!

But for now I'm super tired tonight for some reason and think I will nanner on down the road!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I am one of four children. My brother Douglas came first, and he was the sports fan. He rooted for the southside Chicago teams because of our cousin Wayne's influence. I came 2nd exactly 53 weeks after my brother. I like sports as well, and my brother Douglas had a lot to do with that. However, I was the shy child with lots of fears and insecurities. It wasn't until very late in my life that I became more outgoing. My sister Sheila is the beauty of the family, and the fearless one. Her and I can think exactly alike about 50% of the time, and totally opposite the rest. She's the typical suburbanite and I am the city gal. There's only a year and a half between my sister and I, so my mom dressed us like twins when we were very young. I have numerous photos of that very thing. My baby brother Alan was born 4 years after Sheila, and he was quite the mama's boy. He didn't care for sports at all despite Douglas trying hard to change that. Alan was only 14 when our father died. I never realized until quite recently how fast that forced him to grow up.

I never wonder who reads this stuff besides me after I post it. We are a wild and crazy wonderful bunch with so many different facets of life represented. Posting helps me many times come more out of the shell that I lived in growing up. I am grateful to MiceChat, and the RCMC for many things.

That brings me right smack dab in the middle of my Wednesday morning, where I am having that first cup of tea, and planning my day in my head.

---------- Post added 08-29-2012 at 06:26 AM ----------

---------- Post added 08-29-2012 at 06:29 AM ----------

I had all these photos handy, because I recently scanned them for Douglas' granddaughter Raven. She was born the year after Douglas passed away. She's 17 years old, and very interested in learning about her dad's side of the family.

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Running late this morning... no time to comment..... but love the pics!!

all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Was that a shadow of a Penguin that just flew past here?

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Hard to imagine Barbaraann being "in a shell".

Watch out for flying penguins.

My self worth is not determined by whether you like me, or read my posts. But I do like it better. And I am glad to be back with the RCMC and MiceChat, if not as much as I used to be,
    Last edited by Radiobarry; 08-29-2012 at 11:15 AM.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

And we are glad to have you back here with us too Barry!!! Life as a way of getting in the way sometimes.... I'm not even around as much as I use to be.... but its nice we have this little nook, where we can pull up a chair, raid the fridge and put our feet up and connect with each other if even for a bit as we fly through life.

• Grim Grinning

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    Part of the reason I like Dana is the way she looks out of the chef's jacket. Okay, so I am a typical red blooded male. Do you watch MasterChef?

Apparently people do not care for, or care about, music I post.

Barbaraann, I loved the pictures also. Is he the same brother who rooted for the football Cardinals?

Yep, I had one of those cowboy outfits. I am told I was dressed in a sailor suit for my first visit to Disneyland in 1960.
    I don't watch MasterChef really. I watched part of last season; I watched the tryouts and really wanted to see the young one win. I watched the finale to see her win. I'll probably do the same thing with this season. I think the blind woman on the show is really inspiring. And of course, I never work Mondays, so watching Hell's Kitchen is no problem. This week's schedule got changed and now I'm working someone else's closing shift. Guess I watch it OnDemand the next day and hope nobody says anything until then lol.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I sure hope your not really smoking Barry. I just lost my younger brother to that nasty habit.

• Sgt. Mgr. Melfunction (:

Hey all.
    Sorry for my absence. Things have been a little rough lately, but they're getting better. I just wanted to check in so you all know I'm alive.
    I hope you're all well.

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Mel!!!!

Be back in a bit....

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    I sure hope your not really smoking Barry. I just lost my younger brother to that nasty habit.
    Naw. I was clowning around with some Pocky that Dusty handed out. This was from the MC 2nd anniversary. I have never smoked.

Quote Originally Posted by MaleficentMel View Post
    Hey all.
    Sorry for my absence. Things have been a little rough lately, but they're getting better. I just wanted to check in so you all know I'm alive.
    I hope you're all well.
    So wonderful Mel!

---------- Post added 08-29-2012 at 11:01 PM ----------

Check out the trademark Beach Boys harmony.

And check out the new "One Song Per Day" thread in the Fun and Games lounge.

---------- Post added 08-29-2012 at 11:42 PM ----------

Slow night here I guess. See ya! Nanners!
    Last edited by Radiobarry; 08-29-2012 at 10:04 PM.

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

And again I'm running behind.... but had to at least drop by and say Good Morning!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I do remember the Pocky days. That was back when there almost always was a trip report each week about the latest MiceChat Sunday Meet.

Just another example of how we need to appreciate what we have, while we have it, because you just might blink and it will go away.

---------- Post added 08-30-2012 at 09:55 AM ----------

I just wasted an entire hour trying to figure out how to post a video into Barry's new thread here in the Fun and Games Lounge. I guess I am just not with it, in that department. I remember when I first started doing photos. That took me a while. I have read the instructions on Youtube, and Google info as well. I followed the instructions, and it just doesn't work. Right now, I am so frustrated. It can't be that difficult, because it seems everyone is doing it except me.

Color me upset at the moment, and hungry. I need to get some breakfast.

• Future Imagineer!!

Hello all!

Keeper of the Dynamite Goat on RCMC