Page 47 of 134 FirstFirst ... 223744454647484950577297 ... LastLast

• Merry 2014!

Re: RCMC# 121: Life is a highway... with friends along for the ride!

Hi all!

Sorry to have been gone so long but august went by so darn fast!!

I'm taking an online class and failing miserably. It's been too long since I graduated college. Rusty is not the right word. . . rotting Probably is better.
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

• Grim Grinning

I wanna get back into French. I used to be really good at it and took to it really well. What class are you taking F!?

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Oh sure! Now you guys show up when I have to go to bed!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasmico! View Post
    Hi all!

I'm taking an online class and failing miserably. It's been too long since I graduated college. Rusty is not the right word. . . rotting Probably is better.
    In a way I miss going to school... but not enough to try to take any more classes!

Quote Originally Posted by amanda.collishaw View Post
    I wanna get back into French. I used to be really good at it and took to it really well. What class are you taking F!?
    I'm lucky if I can figure out English, let alone a foreign language!

Ok thats it... brain has it the wall!! Nanners!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Merry 2014!

Hey Amanda! I'm taking a class on Coursera called "Gamification". It's about taking game elements and incorporting them into non-game situations. It's fascinating.

Got plans for using French?

---------- Post added 09-09-2012 at 10:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    Oh sure! Now you guys show up when I have to go to bed!!

Ok thats it... brain has it the wall!! Nanners!
    Hey, I have been here an hour!! :P

I just wrote my first essay in a long, long, long time so I do understand about the brain hitting said wall. ..

---------- Post added 09-09-2012 at 10:52 PM ----------

Speaking of brainz hitting wallz. . . .

It's nanner time!!! I know . . .way early. . . but it has been a long day. . . and the cat is clawing my back! owwweeeee

Y'all take care this day, and everyday find something to enjoy! See you soon!!

Nanners!
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

• Grim Grinning

I don't know, I just enjoy the language and would love to go to France some day. It would come in handy if we rent more French movies. I can figure some of it out, but they talk so fast it's kind of hard to catch.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I woke up with a massive headache. I should not have went back to bed at 6 a.m. when the alarm went off. I should have taken something then for this headache before I laid back down for an hour.

I am in a blue funk this morning. I need to cook, but I don't have all the ingredients, which means I must venture out to the store.

Perhaps after I drink my tea, I'll get my act together.

May your Monday be better than mine has started.

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Ah yes Monday.... Woke up way to early. I was awake when hubby got up to go to work somewhere around 4 AM... dozed back off... woke up again about a half hour before alarm was set to go off... figured I might as well get up.

Haven't even looked outside yet to see what the day looks like. I know last night I was sitting here and out of nowhere the wind started howling. We have had some of the strangest weather the last few weeks. I'm just really tired of the humidity. I melt in the humidity. And it doesn't take much. Since our normal humidity is around 10-15% when we get this 30 or 40%... I die!

My goals today... need to run by the store before I get home. They have pork roasts on sale at the store for .99 a pound. Going to get one for a pot luck at school Friday. One of the other aides got a full time job somewhere else and Friday will be her last day. Saturday when we were at the store they didn't really have any to pick from.

So much on my to do list.... that I keep ignoring...

all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

---------- Post added 09-10-2012 at 08:23 AM ----------

The headache is lessening. I now need to get dressed, and head to the grocery store. I will save my Monday, hopefully with some fresh air, and exercise.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

My day has gotten a whole lot better. I did go grocery shopping, and now I have a pot of chili, and northern bean soup on the stove. I am watching The Chew, and they are starting their 2nd year. Their guest today is Katie Couric who is starting a new show today. General Hospital is now on right after The Chew, which is great for me. I can use this time to catch up on my MiceChatting for sure.

It's a shame that some people have to clarify their posts, because other people read hidden meanings into things that are not there.

Now I need to go back and stir my chili, and my soup. I also need to google making breaded pork chops. I bought the pork chops, and I want to cook them for my dinner. My husband won't eat pork, so that's why I never learned how to make breaded pork chops. However, I now decided to treat myself to something that I really like.

• Grim Grinning

Uggghhh, I don't wanna go to work today. It's a day where I'd just like to stay in the pajamas and watch tv. I'm missing the season finale of Hell's Kitchen tonight and it bums me out.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

My pork chops turned out really good. They got the stamp of approval from my grandson.

• Elven Queen of Caffeine

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasmico! View Post
    Hi all!

I literally LOL'd at this. Thank you!

You'd be surprised how quickly the French comes back. Of course, I'm struggling in French right now because I thought it would come back quicker than it is. But its only been a week, so I know I need to be patient with myself. Its been several years since I last took French, then I jumped into the advanced class and its kicking my butt!

I don't know, I just enjoy the language and would love to go to France some day. It would come in handy if we rent more French movies. I can figure some of it out, but they talk so fast it's kind of hard to catch.
    I have this trouble with French films too. But I gotta get over it. I'm taking the class because I will be studying abroad in Morocco next summer and all the classes are taught in French. Hence me pushing myself in this class. Which I should still be doing my homework for....but I'm not...guess I won't be sleeping tonight :-(

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post

I am watching Toy Story on the Family channel. It's been a long time since I watched the first one.
    I remember watching it at TS 2 in the hospital when I was there weekend before last.

I've been home since last Thursday. Due to my foot infection I am taking IV antibiotics twice a day. Insurance provided me with a pole, and all the supplies I need. A visiting nurse also has come by to make sure I know how to do everything.

The always good news...I am still here.

And, I am still....HERE.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Good to see you Barry. We are going to have to exchange cell phone numbers. I don't talk much on my phone, because I don't want to pay for minutes, but we could text each other. I don't pay for text messages.

I wish you a speedy recovery. I am happy football season has started, and surprised that the baseball team on the southside of my city did so well this year.

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    I remember watching it at TS 2 in the hospital when I was there weekend before last.

I've been home since last Thursday. Due to my foot infection I am taking IV antibiotics twice a day. Insurance provided me with a pole, and all the supplies I need. A visiting nurse also has come by to make sure I know how to do everything.

The always good news...I am still here.

And, I am still....HERE.
    Yeah Barry is back!!!! Glad to see you!!!

Thinking of going to this open house.... just because of the Disney connection...

Joshua Tree Open House - Blu Homes

---------- Post added 09-10-2012 at 10:01 PM ----------

Think I'll turn in early. Doing half a shift at the hospital after the school tomorrow so I think I'll nanner out.