Page 49 of 134 FirstFirst ... 243946474849505152597499 ... LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: RCMC# 121: Life is a highway... with friends along for the ride!

Tomorrow my grandson will be taking an entrance exam for DeVry Institute. Then he and his mother will fill out the application for financial aid. Sean stopped by, and filled me in on what when on during the interview. I didn't understand all the specifics, but as long as they do. That's what counts.

• Grim Grinning

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    I dunno.... one of the supervisors last night (who herself has quit and last night was her last night) said both of her sons work at Micky D's and the people are friendly, and nice, and everyone gets along... no drama....

A lot of it is the changes in the healthcare system and how it affects little hospitals. All the burning hoops of fire that have to be jumped through to get our money from Medicare etc... so much pressure from so many directions.... corporate compliance issues... an acting DON who is on a major power trip right now for as long as she has the job.... Yeah, glad I'm only per diem and not there all the time.
    I guess so, but still. All that food would be tempting. I'd have a hard time staying away from the fries.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyNimrodelle View Post
    Well, my car died a slow and painful death and now I am back to carpooling with my mother to work. Sounds nice, right? Problem is she works 8-5 and I work 11-7:30. I'm so sleepy this morning, I could really have used the extra 3 hours of sleep. Oh well.

Good morning, all!
    That sucks!! I'm so sorry! Tell me it didn't die while you were driving! I had that happen to my last car. That was suuuper scary.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by amanda.collishaw View Post
    I guess so, but still. All that food would be tempting. I'd have a hard time staying away from the fries.
    Yeah... and not like I NEED to be eating french fries all the time....

OMG.........

So since getting her BA daughter has been putting in APs all over the place. She can't teach, since she only has her BA and in California you have to have the BA plus an extra year of school to get your teaching credential... she even applied to the Halloween store, thinking her work doing retail at Target would count and she could at least get that to have SOME money coming in. Nope... they didn't even give her a job. She had even applied to decorate cakes at Safeway. (She is an art major after all). Could not get a job doing anything in Eureka.

I have property in Idaho and she had applied for a sub job up there.

Today they called her and asked if she could come in tomorrow to get her finger prints done.

Holy freaking cow. No interview, not even meeting her in person and they called and said come get finger printed and we'll put you to work right now.

Unfortunately, Clint doesn't have a job there yet... she posted on FB "Holy crap. I'm moving out of California. Without my husband... What the hell did I get myself into? " But she has to go for it. I told here that before I was born my dad was in Greenland for a job while my mom stayed in Texas. When I was younger my dad worked in Montana while mom and I stayed in Idaho. You sometimes do what you have to do... once she is there she can be looking for stuff for Clint to do too. If nothing else, it will give her some experience and she can get her credential in Idaho a lot easier and cheaper than in California...

But... wow.... still in a daze. She can stay in my mobile, but first the water pipes need to be fixed, carpet replaced, propane tank filled... still trying to soak it all in....

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Wow Jody! That's a whole lot to digest.

I have led such a comfortable life. My husband has been home, except for earlier in our married life when he went to school at night and on Saturdays, and worked a full time job besides. I stayed home, and raised the kids, trying mostly to keep them in school, and out of trouble. My husband used to take a lot of business trips, and he hated that. Now that he's nearing retirement, he just wants to work a few more years, and possibly find employment closer to home.

All the years that Sean was growing up, I gave him savings bonds for his birthdays and holidays. Now that he is thinking of entering school again, perhaps the money will be enough to help pay those bills. You get shocked when you read what "higher" education costs.

---------- Post added 09-12-2012 at 04:34 PM ----------

The teachers are on strike in Chicago, and we are leaving on vacation Sunday. If I knew for sure that they wouldn't settle the strike so soon, I'd twist Sean's arm and insist that he come with us for a few days with his friends. However, he insists he has a lot to do trying to get into college at DeVry.

College, and Sean. Somehow that just seems strange.

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Well daughter is in panic mode.... still trying to figure out all the logistics. She may camp there for a bit while she gets the mobile fixed up. Not like she hasn't done that before. She and Clint spend a couple of weeks in a tent when they first moved there, then moved into a one room cabin for a while before they found a place to rent. This was their "first" place when they moved up there.

Looks like she may be spending at least a day or two in a tent when she gets there. At least this time it won't be January and she won't be getting snowed on....

---------- Post added 09-12-2012 at 10:38 PM ----------

Well its been quite an afternoon.... time for bed for me..

all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• hi!

hallo!
    -plagued

• What Time Taught Us

I'm in my very first apartment... Alone... My roommates won't be around until after this weekend... It's kinda creepy. I don't have my bed yet, so I'm using an air mattress.. I might sleep in the living room. lol

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

My grandson has to take an entrance exam for college today. I sure hope he soaked up enough knowledge in the last 4/5 years, in order to do well. Kathy is educating herself about applying for financial aid, and talking to everyone, and anyone she knows that might have went through the process lately.

We leave on Sunday for Wisconsin Dells, and I haven't packed a thing. I should at least get the suitcase out of the closet.

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Morning all!!! Nice to see a couple of extra familiar faces float through!!!

Good luck to Sean on the entrance exam!! I think he's probably taking things a bit more seriously now, so I bet he'll do fine!

I look forward to seeing lots of pictures from your vacation Barbara!

Off to work for me!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

You turn around, and those baby face kids, become teenagers with long hair, and the next thing you know they are serious young men with totally different aspirations.

I will miss not having Sean along on our Wisconsin vacations. Sean didn't go at all last year, and our extra trip in April was saddened by the death of Kathy's mother and Sean and Kathy then left early.

I am now waiting for my sister who is on her way to my house. We are then headed to the yarn store, so I can pick up that yarn for Samantha's Blackhawk's afghan.

I have been sorting pictures of last year's trip, so that I can wipe clean all my memory cards.

Busy day for me, which is nice.

• Elven Queen of Caffeine

That sucks!! I'm so sorry! Tell me it didn't die while you were driving! I had that happen to my last car. That was suuuper scary.
    No, its just severely overheating when I drive it. I live 2 miles from work/school and I barely made it home. It really sucks cuz I just bought the darn thing in March. And I'm waiting on my financial aid check before I can get it fixed. 2/3 of the financial aid department quit over the summer and they are super behind.

In other news, I got an "A" on my first French homework assignment, which made me happy. And my Halloween costume came yesterday - super stoked about that.

Barbara: good luck to your grandson!

Jody: gosh, thats intense. Best of luck to your daughter!

Well, I'm at work, so I suppose I should go work!

• Grim Grinning

Overheating sucks! I live about the same distance from my work too and my old car would be all kinds of upset by the time I got there. Congrats on the French homework! And on getting the Halloween costume in! I should order mine soon. I'm baking cookies so I suppose I should be in the kitchen lol.

• Elven Queen of Caffeine

Congrats on the French homework! And on getting the Halloween costume in! I should order mine soon. I'm baking cookies so I suppose I should be in the kitchen lol.
    Thanks! Mmm...cookies.....

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Speaking of Wisconsin...and Barbaraann...it's the Bears and the Packers from the not exactly frozen tundra of Lambeau Field. I guess BA's favorite football team just had to be her advance team on the road north!

Sitting down now to watch the game. My next IV bottle can't be too long from now....
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Yes, I am watching the Bears, and I see Hayley peaking in. Or is that peeking?