Page 51 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2641484950515253546176101 ... LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: RCMC# 121: Life is a highway... with friends along for the ride!

Kathy is applying for everything that the counselor at DeVry suggested. I guess some of the money is tied to certain test scores. That is why they want Sean to retest, so that he can possibly get more money. I can't believe how much Kathy found out after only one meeting.

• Grim Grinning

This sounds a lot like what I went through when I went to Le Cordon Bleu. They had me do tests and such and I ended up getting like $2,000 in grants. They didn't tell me anything else so I'm assuming I got as much as I could. They do throw a lot of info at you in the first meeting. I think they do it to make sure you go there. I just went down to the school one day just to take a tour and look at it. I ended up applying the same day and got most of the work out of the way on day 1.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    Kathy is applying for everything that the counselor at DeVry suggested. I guess some of the money is tied to certain test scores. That is why they want Sean to retest, so that he can possibly get more money. I can't believe how much Kathy found out after only one meeting.
    Good. Glad she's trying for everything possible! Even a few dollars that she won't have to pay will help!

Quote Originally Posted by amanda.collishaw View Post
    This sounds a lot like what I went through when I went to Le Cordon Bleu. They had me do tests and such and I ended up getting like $2,000 in grants. They didn't tell me anything else so I'm assuming I got as much as I could. They do throw a lot of info at you in the first meeting. I think they do it to make sure you go there. I just went down to the school one day just to take a tour and look at it. I ended up applying the same day and got most of the work out of the way on day 1.
    Thats not a bad grant amount! Would of been nice to get a full ride but... that doesn't happen to often!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

It was actually the Jr. College where Sean got his GED that gave DeVry Sean's phone number, and asked him if he was interested in the school. He thought about it, and went for his interview on Wednesday. It's amazing all that's happened in just 2 days. I guess the computer age is a definite benefit.

Sean wil be studying Computer Information Systems, and then there's another field called Web Programming, I believe.

I don't understand the technology, but then I don't have to. The world is a changing every day.

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

I use to be pretty good at keeping up with technology, when I was working in a computer lab. But now that I've gotten away from being surrounded by it, most days I feel good if I can turn the computer on and figure out how to open a browser window.

---------- Post added 09-14-2012 at 09:13 PM ----------

Ok, super tired tonight.... calling it a night early... nanners all!

all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• What Time Taught Us

wow. screaming and partying going on in the apartments around me.

I'm reading and eating frozen grapes. lol

• Grim Grinning

Now that I'm home, I deem it bedtime lol.

• What Time Taught Us

2:30 and people are still partying to the same absurdly loud DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN music. seriously, are you guys still enjoying it!? it's been the same thing repeating for hours and hours! at least play some real music.

• Grim Grinning

Sorry the partying continued so late. Next time go over and suggest a different song for them lol.

• Grim Grinning

So, like the dummy I am, I agreed to working 1:30-10:15 instead of 6-10:15 without looking at what was going on tomorrow. So now I'm missing the race and I get to deal with stupidity all day long. Joys.

• Elven Queen of Caffeine

So, like the dummy I am, I agreed to working 1:30-10:15 instead of 6-10:15 without looking at what was going on tomorrow. So now I'm missing the race and I get to deal with stupidity all day long. Joys.
    Boo...well, its extra money though, right? That would console me a little bit. I just got a second job serving alcohol to the college kids at their campus parties. Not exactly my idea of fun, but its an extra $80 a night, which is fine by me.

I can't believe how late it is! I slept from 9:30pm to 1pm - straight through. Guess I was tired, huh? I didn't even know that was possible for me to do anymore!

Course, now my whole day is thrown off and I'll be awake all night... ::sigh::

• Grim Grinning

Yeah, it's extra money, but I just looked at the schedule and the only reason they called me in was because the store manager failed to schedule ANYONE to cashier til 6pm. So joy, I know what I get to do. I don't mind coming in early for a shift, but it's kinda bs if I get called in early & they have me as the first cashier for 8+ hours.

• Elven Queen of Caffeine

Yeah, it's extra money, but I just looked at the schedule and the only reason they called me in was because the store manager failed to schedule ANYONE to cashier til 6pm. So joy, I know what I get to do. I don't mind coming in early for a shift, but it's kinda bs if I get called in early & they have me as the first cashier for 8+ hours.
    That does suck. =(

• Grim Grinning

It does indeed. I can hope that he called more people in so I won't be basically the only one there though. May be an empty, pointless hope, but I can have it lol. How's your night?

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Yeah I'm home... ending up working part of the day. Tech called off last night, and the night super said she called me last night but... but the night tech who had to stay over did call me this morning so...

But I told them... do not even try to call me for tomorrow. I have no clean uniforms and I have to clean out my fish tank since I dropped the container of fish food in the tank. Thank goodness it was only a bit less than half full.