Page 51 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2641484950515253546176101 ... LastLast
Results 751 to 765 of 2009
  1. #751

    •   
    • Chicago Gal
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    54,754
    Blog Entries
    120

    Re: RCMC# 121: Life is a highway... with friends along for the ride!

    Kathy is applying for everything that the counselor at DeVry suggested. I guess some of the money is tied to certain test scores. That is why they want Sean to retest, so that he can possibly get more money. I can't believe how much Kathy found out after only one meeting.

  2. #752

    • Grim Grinning
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Orangevale,CA
    Posts
    13,410

    Re: RCMC# 121: Life is a highway... with friends along for the ride!

    This sounds a lot like what I went through when I went to Le Cordon Bleu. They had me do tests and such and I ended up getting like $2,000 in grants. They didn't tell me anything else so I'm assuming I got as much as I could. They do throw a lot of info at you in the first meeting. I think they do it to make sure you go there. I just went down to the school one day just to take a tour and look at it. I ended up applying the same day and got most of the work out of the way on day 1.

  3. #753

    •   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Posts
    65,776
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: RCMC# 121: Life is a highway... with friends along for the ride!

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    Kathy is applying for everything that the counselor at DeVry suggested. I guess some of the money is tied to certain test scores. That is why they want Sean to retest, so that he can possibly get more money. I can't believe how much Kathy found out after only one meeting.
    Good. Glad she's trying for everything possible! Even a few dollars that she won't have to pay will help!

    Quote Originally Posted by amanda.collishaw View Post
    This sounds a lot like what I went through when I went to Le Cordon Bleu. They had me do tests and such and I ended up getting like $2,000 in grants. They didn't tell me anything else so I'm assuming I got as much as I could. They do throw a lot of info at you in the first meeting. I think they do it to make sure you go there. I just went down to the school one day just to take a tour and look at it. I ended up applying the same day and got most of the work out of the way on day 1.
    Thats not a bad grant amount! Would of been nice to get a full ride but... that doesn't happen to often!




    Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!


    Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

  4. #754

    •   
    • Chicago Gal
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    54,754
    Blog Entries
    120

    Re: RCMC# 121: Life is a highway... with friends along for the ride!

    It was actually the Jr. College where Sean got his GED that gave DeVry Sean's phone number, and asked him if he was interested in the school. He thought about it, and went for his interview on Wednesday. It's amazing all that's happened in just 2 days. I guess the computer age is a definite benefit.

    Sean wil be studying Computer Information Systems, and then there's another field called Web Programming, I believe.

    I don't understand the technology, but then I don't have to. The world is a changing every day.

  5. #755

    •   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Posts
    65,776
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: RCMC# 121: Life is a highway... with friends along for the ride!

    I use to be pretty good at keeping up with technology, when I was working in a computer lab. But now that I've gotten away from being surrounded by it, most days I feel good if I can turn the computer on and figure out how to open a browser window.

    ---------- Post added 09-14-2012 at 09:13 PM ----------

    Ok, super tired tonight.... calling it a night early... nanners all!




    Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!


    Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

  6. #756

    • What Time Taught Us
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    5,016

    Re: RCMC# 121: Life is a highway... with friends along for the ride!

    wow. screaming and partying going on in the apartments around me.


    I'm reading and eating frozen grapes. lol

  7. #757

    • Grim Grinning
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Orangevale,CA
    Posts
    13,410

    Re: RCMC# 121: Life is a highway... with friends along for the ride!

    Now that I'm home, I deem it bedtime lol.

  8. #758

    • What Time Taught Us
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    5,016

    Re: RCMC# 121: Life is a highway... with friends along for the ride!

    2:30 and people are still partying to the same absurdly loud DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN music. seriously, are you guys still enjoying it!? it's been the same thing repeating for hours and hours! at least play some real music.

  9. #759

    • Grim Grinning
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Orangevale,CA
    Posts
    13,410

    Re: RCMC# 121: Life is a highway... with friends along for the ride!

    Sorry the partying continued so late. Next time go over and suggest a different song for them lol.

  10. #760

    • Grim Grinning
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Orangevale,CA
    Posts
    13,410

    Re: RCMC# 121: Life is a highway... with friends along for the ride!

    So, like the dummy I am, I agreed to working 1:30-10:15 instead of 6-10:15 without looking at what was going on tomorrow. So now I'm missing the race and I get to deal with stupidity all day long. Joys.

  11. #761

    • Elven Queen of Caffeine
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    35 mins from DLR
    Posts
    1,596

    Re: RCMC# 121: Life is a highway... with friends along for the ride!

    Quote Originally Posted by amanda.collishaw View Post
    So, like the dummy I am, I agreed to working 1:30-10:15 instead of 6-10:15 without looking at what was going on tomorrow. So now I'm missing the race and I get to deal with stupidity all day long. Joys.
    Boo...well, its extra money though, right? That would console me a little bit. I just got a second job serving alcohol to the college kids at their campus parties. Not exactly my idea of fun, but its an extra $80 a night, which is fine by me.

    I can't believe how late it is! I slept from 9:30pm to 1pm - straight through. Guess I was tired, huh? I didn't even know that was possible for me to do anymore!

    Course, now my whole day is thrown off and I'll be awake all night... ::sigh::

  12. #762

    • Grim Grinning
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Orangevale,CA
    Posts
    13,410

    Re: RCMC# 121: Life is a highway... with friends along for the ride!

    Yeah, it's extra money, but I just looked at the schedule and the only reason they called me in was because the store manager failed to schedule ANYONE to cashier til 6pm. So joy, I know what I get to do. I don't mind coming in early for a shift, but it's kinda bs if I get called in early & they have me as the first cashier for 8+ hours.

  13. #763

    • Elven Queen of Caffeine
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    35 mins from DLR
    Posts
    1,596

    Re: RCMC# 121: Life is a highway... with friends along for the ride!

    Quote Originally Posted by amanda.collishaw View Post
    Yeah, it's extra money, but I just looked at the schedule and the only reason they called me in was because the store manager failed to schedule ANYONE to cashier til 6pm. So joy, I know what I get to do. I don't mind coming in early for a shift, but it's kinda bs if I get called in early & they have me as the first cashier for 8+ hours.
    That does suck. =(

  14. #764

    • Grim Grinning
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Orangevale,CA
    Posts
    13,410

    Re: RCMC# 121: Life is a highway... with friends along for the ride!

    It does indeed. I can hope that he called more people in so I won't be basically the only one there though. May be an empty, pointless hope, but I can have it lol. How's your night?

  15. #765

    •   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Posts
    65,776
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: RCMC# 121: Life is a highway... with friends along for the ride!

    Yeah I'm home... ending up working part of the day. Tech called off last night, and the night super said she called me last night but... but the night tech who had to stay over did call me this morning so...

    But I told them... do not even try to call me for tomorrow. I have no clean uniforms and I have to clean out my fish tank since I dropped the container of fish food in the tank. Thank goodness it was only a bit less than half full.




    Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!


    Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-19-2012, 11:17 AM
  2. [Chat] In keeping with Walts vision for the park
    By Sorcerer's Apprentice in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-11-2010, 08:24 PM
  3. With Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?
    By mouseinphilly in forum Disney and Industry Theatrical, Music and Publishing Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-23-2007, 05:30 PM
  4. Large-scale New Parade with Mouse Theme for the Year of The Rat
    By HongKongDisneyland in forum Hong Kong Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10-21-2007, 09:45 PM
  5. Walt Disney Co is in the process of negotiating with HK Gov for the Expansion of HKDL
    By HongKongDisneyland in forum Hong Kong Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-18-2006, 01:09 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •