Page 60 of 134 FirstFirst ... 103550575859606162637085110 ... LastLast

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Re: RCMC# 121: Life is a highway... with friends along for the ride!

Lucy's scene with Harpo was just on TV again the other day. I've seen it 7,000 or so times and it just never gets old.

My second job in radio was in Ventura, CA. I still live in the area. An old friend on a social media site that shall remain nameless found an old photo from the summer of 1983, when we both worked at KHAY (Country) 101. It's a snapshot from an old Kodak instamatic, which she scanned and emailed to me last week. I then did a little digital enhancing, but not much.

And yes, that's me, at the age of 27.

To quote Bob Dylan, I was so much older then. I'm younger than that now....
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

My husband is in the hospital. I was out shopping, and he was working on our front stairs. All of a sudden he got a terrible nose bleed that he couldn't stop. Thank goodness, Kathy was home. She rushed him to the hospital. They are treating him for the nosebleed, and also for very high blood pressure. I returned home a bit ago. Kathy and Sean went back to visit him again.

He was admitted overnight, and hopefully they will figure out why the blood pressure is so high.

I am not sure what to think right now.
    Last edited by Barbaraann; 09-29-2012 at 04:51 PM.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

• sleepy lagoon

Oh Barbara! I am so sorry to hear about your husband. What are the doctors saying? How long are they keeping him?

You are both in my thoughts and prayers.

Warm hugs!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by my7dwarves View Post
    Oh Barbara! I am so sorry to hear about your husband. What are the doctors saying? How long are they keeping him?

You are both in my thoughts and prayers.

Warm hugs!
    I will know more tomorrow. Right now they have him checked into the hospital, and they are monitoring his condition. Thank goodness for Kathy. I don't know what my husband would have done if he had been alone. I hope he would have had the sense to call 911, if she hadn't answered his text so quickly. The doctor said he might come home tomorrow, but they were really concerned when I left because his blood pressure was very very high. Did the nose bleed cause that, or is his blood pressure always high. My husband never goes to the doctor, but he never complains about his health ever.

Thank you Stacy, you are a sweetheart for posting. I feel your warm hugs all the way here in Chicago.
    Pop Century Resort

• sleepy lagoon

I wish I wasn't so far from you, Barb. But nevertheless, if you need anything at all don't hesitate to let me know.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Needless to say Barbaraann you are all in my thoughts and prayers tonight.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Thanks Stacy.

I know my MiceChat friends have my back. It helps to come here, and talk about my problems, because someone always comes along and gives me comfort.

It was hard seeing my husband in the hospital. He's always the strong one.
    Pop Century Resort

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    Lucy's scene with Harpo was just on TV again the other day. I've seen it 7,000 or so times and it just never gets old.

My second job in radio was in Ventura, CA. I still live in the area. An old friend on a social media site that shall remain nameless found an old photo from the summer of 1983, when we both worked at KHAY (Country) 101. It's a snapshot from an old Kodak instamatic, which she scanned and emailed to me last week. I then did a little digital enhancing, but not much.

And yes, that's me, at the age of 27.

To quote Bob Dylan, I was so much older then. I'm younger than that now....
    Hey thats cool!! I was right!!! Great picture Barry, glad your friend found it and sent it to you!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    My husband is in the hospital. I was out shopping, and he was working on our front stairs. All of a sudden he got a terrible nose bleed that he couldn't stop. Thank goodness, Kathy was home. She rushed him to the hospital. They are treating him for the nosebleed, and also for very high blood pressure. I returned home a bit ago. Kathy and Sean went back to visit him again.

He was admitted overnight, and hopefully they will figure out why the blood pressure is so high.

I am not sure what to think right now.
    Oh my!! I'm sorry to hear that Barbara! I hope they can get his blood pressure under control. As someone who takes blood pressure meds, I know that more often than not its one of those conditions you can have and not feel any different. But they do have a lot of different medications that they can use for that now days. But if for some reason they want to keep him a bit longer, as hard as it is he really needs to do what they tell him. I know how stubborn men are when it comes to things like this... I know someone who is the same way... Sending good thoughts your way!

And I am whipped. By the time I left the Living Desert this afternoon I thought I was going to die. I was drinking enough I thought but I suddenly got overheated. When I got back to my car I turned the air on full blast, and hit a frozen yogurt place on the way back. I think next year on the free museum day maybe I'll go to a nice, air conditioned museum.

And once again, I had the white balance on my camera on the wrong setting and all my pics turned out bluish. I was able to sort of fix some of them, but I need to come up with something better to carry my stuff. Hauling all that stuff in the heat today didn't help either.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

The kids, that's Sean, Jason, and Sam (she's Sean's girlfriend) visited with me for the past hour and a half. I am not tired in the least, and they all left to get some sleep. I guess I'll crawl in bed when my brain shuts off.
    Pop Century Resort

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

And its Sunday... still uploading pics I tried to salvage to Smugmug.... then it will be... FOOTBALL and random stuff.

Barbara hope your hubby gets to come home from the hospital today!

all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I just returned from the hospital, and they are still trying to stabilize my husband's blood pressure, and find the right medication. They aren't really promising when he might go home. I guess we just take this one day at a time.

In the meantime, I should keep busy doing some cleanup around here.

My husband is in good spirits and not complaining about too much.
    Pop Century Resort

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Sorry he didn't get to come home yet... but its best that he stay there until they can get a handle on things. I'm sure he's bored and annoyed at having to be there, but glad to hear his spirits are good!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

My son was with my husband watching the football game when Kathy and I left the hospital. So hopefully he will help his dad pass the time. I just called my husband's brother, so maybe he will get some phone calls as well.

My husband hates the hospital food. Kathy said she'd smuggle in anything he wanted.
    Pop Century Resort

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Nice gesture but I'm sure the nurses and doctors would not be happy with smuggled food... esp. since I'm guessing they have him on a restrictive, low sodium cardiac diet.

Yeah not exciting, but necessary.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

They fed him turkey meatloaf for lunch, which he didn't enjoy at all. A turkey sandwich he might have eaten.

The man is funny, he must have eaten enough, because he wants me to bring him some toothpicks.
    Pop Century Resort